Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's talk about FEET

How often do you soak your feet, what do you add to the water, and do you use a cream or ointment or powder afterwards?

by Anonymousreply 21October 19, 2024 6:27 PM

Let’s not.

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2024 6:55 PM

Urea cream is best to soften feet.

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2024 4:27 AM

I take pretty good care of my feet. I do a home "pedicure" once every three weeks. Put lotion on every day, scrub them down in the shower every day.

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2024 4:45 AM

I soak them in Epsom salt. Scrub them in the shower daily. Clip and file. Lotion.

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2024 4:54 AM

Stealth foot fetishist thread, most brazen.

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2024 4:55 AM

I get a pedicure every 3 weeks. Foot maintenance is something I’m willing to pay someone else to do.

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2024 5:16 AM

My feet are a mess from decades of hiking steep summits. I take good care of them but they'll never be the same as they once were. Worth it.

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2024 5:27 AM

I have very strong foot odor, so I soak them for an hour every night in sulfuric acid.

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2024 5:43 AM

A roomy toe box in a shoe is a must.

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2024 7:21 AM

I Dremel my toenails and also Dremel my heels and soles to sand off my callouses. Great tool for feet!

by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2024 7:27 AM

Lick mommy’s feet, Sylvester.

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2024 7:41 AM

Never underestimate the zeal of a foot fetishist.

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2024 7:41 AM

I go to the podiatrist 5 times a year. He keeps my nails and feet looking fantastic and then I just have to put some cream on them once a week. Urea cream. I use both of these creams and they do a great job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2024 8:42 AM

Any really big pairs?

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2024 10:15 AM

I don’t take my shoes off for anyone

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2024 10:23 AM

Podiatrist trips regularly. Tea tree oil for me. Keeps the nails healthy. Real pumice to buff the heels. Sorbolene cream to finish.

by Anonymousreply 16October 19, 2024 10:39 AM

Well-covered in only a few posts. Urea cream at nights to soften callouses. Tea tree epsom salts are good for foot soaks. Portable whirlpool foot baths are now collapsible, which makes them less of a pain to store. Cut your toenails, don't file them unless you have a fungal problem. The Dremel is a double for an electric manicuring set, which can be outfitted with various attachments, some for callus removal. Do not overdo callus removal. The skin builds up for a purpose, to cushion your foot. Another way to soften your feet is with petroleum jelly and socks or socklets. To pamper your size 12 tootsies, have a paraffin treatment at a salon. . It will soften your feet. Medicated or plain cornstarch baby powder is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 17October 19, 2024 12:40 PM

They are never pointed in direction you think they are.

by Anonymousreply 18October 19, 2024 3:52 PM

I am not into feet whatsoever — my questions are genuine.

I am soon to be 55. My feet have become a real issue the past few years. I now wear a size 14 shoe, and have so much trouble finding shoes that are even close to comfortable.

I was told recently that I have bone spurs on the top of my right foot (which is rare, I was told), but they’re not an issue for me so far.

My soles often itch at night. I live in a very dry climate. I scrub my feet every day, lotion and spray them in the morning before putting on socks. Most nights I lotion them again. My feet have always been warm — I usually sleep barefoot.

I do have a foot bath — but I rarely use it. I’d like to start using it more. What’s best to add to the water to soften the skin (callous?) on my one big toe and also rejuvenate my feet, alleviate soreness, and improve my giant dogs?

by Anonymousreply 19October 19, 2024 4:48 PM

Now that I have to see a podiatrist regularly (Type II diabetes, common in fat whores) I've noticed something strange. On each visit, the physician's assistant takes me to the exam room, gets the info she needs, yadda yadda. Then, inevitably, as she leaves the room she'll suddenly start talking to me as if I were a toddler and say, "The doctor will be in as soon as he can, and then we'll get those toenails cut for you, OKAYYYYYY?"

I never mention any issues with toenail clipping. I trim my own regularly. The doctor never does it. This comment always disorients me because it seems so random and makes me feel like a doddering old fool. Is toenail clipping assumed to be part of a podiatrist visit, like getting your windshield wiper fluid topped off during an oil change? Or do I just look like the type that can't reach my feet?

by Anonymousreply 20October 19, 2024 6:08 PM

Epsom salts do the job of softening your feet as you soak.

by Anonymousreply 21October 19, 2024 6:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!