Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Matthew Perry’s Executor pays off actor’s debts, ready to pay out millions to family

Matthew Perry's longtime manager, who was appointed as executor of his estate, revealed she has settled all debts and his estate is ready to be closed, In Touch can exclusively report.

In Touch has obtained the final accounting report submitted in Matthew's probate case. Lisa Ferguson, Matthew's longtime business manager who was appointed executor of his estate, revealed the actor left behind assets totaling $1,596,914.47.

Lisa said there have been no creditor's claims filed and no unpaid creditor's claims. "The estate is solvent," the executor said.

Lisa said she did receive written demands for payments. She said all debts were handled without the need of the court's intervention.

The report noted, "An extension for filing the federal estate tax return has been timely filed and Petitioner has made sufficient payments for the estate taxes estimated to be due. Petitioner will pay any additional estate taxes determined to be due, in her capacity as Trustee of the Alvy Singer Living Trust dated June 2, 1999, as amended."

Lisa said all personal taxes, income taxes and all other taxes owed were paid. She said she has not sold any of Matthew's assets. The beneficiaries of Matthew's estate are his father, John Perry, his mother, Suzanne Morrison, his ex-girlfriend Rachel Dunn, half-sister Emily Morrison, half-sister Caitlin Morrison, half-sister Madeline Morrison, half-sister Maria Perry and William Morrison

Lisa asked the court to sign off on the final report and close the probate case. She also asked to be paid $28,000 for her services.

As In Touch previously reported, Matthew was found unresponsive in the hot tub at his L.A. mansion after an apparent drowning on October 28, 2023. He was 54 years old at the time of his death.

Back in March, Matthew's team filed documents over his estate. The filing revealed that the actor created a will in 2009. He also created The Alvy Singer Living Trust, where he placed the majority of his assets.

Matthew asked that the trust be run by Lisa and Robin Ruzan, who happens to be actor Mike Myers' ex-wife.

Matthew's personal property, that was not already placed in the trust, was listed as $1 million. The rest of his property, including his home, are likely already in the trust.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 19, 2024 6:00 AM

[quote] Assets of $1,596,914.47

That seems VERY low.

The guy was making something like $30,000,000 per year off of residuals from "Friends," wasn't he?

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2024 4:31 PM

That is very low for someone who made many millions and must have continued to in rerun residuals. Either his finances were grossly mismanaged (entirely possible) or this information is way off. Heck, his book alone brought in millions.

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2024 4:35 PM

^ Most of his assets were placed in a trust. Did you miss that part?

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2024 4:35 PM

What's that trust do?

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2024 4:36 PM

What happens to the mountains of leftover drugs?

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2024 4:36 PM

R5 is Zayn Malik.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2024 4:38 PM

how tragic that all that money couldn't have bought him therapy and whatever it took to become happy

I'm in a termite infested rent controlled bake-in-the-summer/freeze-in-the-winter 1 BR in Los Angeles; I've spent decades clawing my way to the bottom.

Could that money BE any more of an incentive to try to get your life together?

RIP, Matthew

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2024 4:42 PM

Jeez, that was quick. I've heard of estates that take years to close probate and they're only a family home, a couple of bank accounts and a few personal effects.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2024 4:45 PM

I don't know, a year sounds about right. Unless there's an extensive list of beneficiaries, some of whom emigrated abroad. It's mostly the printed correspondence that prolongs the whole thing, not the actual determination of who gets what, that part's easy.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2024 4:50 PM

It seems like Matthew had his shit together, in terms of his will and trust.

That was all ironed out before hand.

He had a manager that he trusted, and she seems to have executed his will exactly as he wished.

Now THAT is a loyal employee.. (If I was a celebrity, I would snatch her up immediately!)

Also, he had no wife and kids or even a girlfriend, so all of his assets went to his family.

Seems easy enough.

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2024 4:54 PM

A living trust keeps assets out of probate court (and avoids associated costs.) It's part of estate planning, esp. for the super loaded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2024 4:55 PM

Trusts are included as assets. I outta know because I have one. Of course they have restrictions etc (tax).

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2024 4:59 PM

[quote] He had a manager that he trusted, and she seems to have executed his will exactly as he wished.

And - she only asked for $28,000 in fees to wrap that up. She probably got paid fees for other things, though.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2024 5:01 PM

Most of his assets are probably held through trusts that are not part of the estate.

Think of the $1.5 millions as pocket change.

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2024 5:06 PM

Yep, those were assets he never got around to putting into hus trust(s)..

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2024 9:55 PM

[quote]r10 It seems like Matthew had his shit together, in terms of his will and trust. That was all ironed out before hand.

Oh, you can bet the grasping stage parents had all THAT paperwork drawn up and laid out before him YEARS ago!

Matthew was a doomed innocent.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2024 9:59 PM

I'll never have to work on those shitty NBC crime shows again!

Me and the wife are officially RETIRED.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2024 10:02 PM

^^ stepdad knows ALL THE ANGLES on how to cover up a murder.

Matthew’s smile lit up the room - -

by Anonymousreply 18October 18, 2024 11:10 PM

Ok...I'm still confused. Is the $1.5 M outside of the Living Trust, or is it part of it?

Because if he has just 1.5 M left TOTAL, that just seems so wrong with the amount of residuals he must have been getting annually, not to mention any investment income. Google said he would have been receiving approximately 20M a year in residuals.

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2024 11:27 PM

This means one of two things:

A. He was a spendthrift that blew away 99% of his fortune and was so deep debt there was barely nothing left once the debts were cleared.

B. She's lying and secretly pocketed a HUGE chunk for herself ("executor's fee") and doled out the remaining pocket change to his heirs.

Either way his family should be making tons of money in residuals in a few years time given that Friends is one of the most overrated sitcoms of all time (alongside Seinfeld and The Gilmore Girls - actually the latter is CW garbage).

by Anonymousreply 20October 18, 2024 11:47 PM

R20 Agreed. Bland, insipid humour and I can say the same for the characters.

by Anonymousreply 21October 18, 2024 11:54 PM

Christ, so many of you not only didn't read the original article, but you also didn't read the comments that have explained again and again that the $1.6 million represents his assets that were OUTSIDE the trust at the time of his death. They weren't his entire net worth, bozos.

Why comment on something you haven't even read?

by Anonymousreply 22October 18, 2024 11:54 PM

That was his beer and drug money. Enough for him to kill himself so everyone else gets the rest.

by Anonymousreply 23October 18, 2024 11:57 PM

Jfc, i am sorry he is dead but he was a truly despicable person.

by Anonymousreply 24October 19, 2024 12:04 AM

And his chinless smirk makes me ill

by Anonymousreply 25October 19, 2024 12:06 AM

R22 Mizz Thang, I am not a fan of Friends. Ain't nobody got time for that!

by Anonymousreply 26October 19, 2024 12:12 AM

His estate will continue to receive residual payments from Friends.

I wonder where those are going - it's been estimated to be about $20mm/year. Warner makes $1b from reruns and each of them gets 2% - $20mm.

by Anonymousreply 27October 19, 2024 12:15 AM

[quote]freeze-in-the-winter 1 BR in Los Angeles...

Gurl, you must be kidding.

by Anonymousreply 28October 19, 2024 12:33 AM

His house (where he died) hit the market in May for $5.2 million,

by Anonymousreply 29October 19, 2024 12:37 AM

Matthew Perry’s condominium sold for $21 million dollars. He would have to have, if not a nine figure, at least a high 8 figure net worth, depending on how much wasn’t smoked, snorted injected or freebased.

by Anonymousreply 30October 19, 2024 12:43 AM

Link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 19, 2024 12:43 AM

Who gets the Cookie Jar he stole from the set of Friends?

by Anonymousreply 32October 19, 2024 12:58 AM

I was not impressed with that house he died in. It was kind of blah for such a wealthy person.

by Anonymousreply 33October 19, 2024 3:24 AM

Drugs are expensive, my friends.

by Anonymousreply 34October 19, 2024 6:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!