Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Doctor beaten unconscious at Mount Sinai Medical Center

By a 19 year old Twink.

The son of a patient, he was upset about medication the doctor prescribed to his mother, and he wanted the doctor "to feel pain."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 17, 2024 3:35 AM

I can certainly understand the impulse. Once when my father was in the hospital for the better part of a month recovering from clinical depression and anxiety, a grouchy nurse venting everything wrong with her shift set his recovery progress back several days. If I'd known the impact it was going to have at the time she'd have left his 3rd floor hospital room via the window.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2024 9:51 PM

You do realize, R1, that you are basically saying you'd be happy to kill someone to satisfy your own emotional issues.

You are a deeply troubled human being. Seek help. And don't kill the person who tries to help you.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2024 9:58 PM

[quote] don't kill the person who tries to help you

Way to miss the point, R2.

R1 was trying to say that the nurse was HURTING, and not helping.

I totally get why the kid was upset.

My mom was recovering in the hospital, and this cunt of a nurse was just the absolute MEANEST fucking beast you could ever imagine.

She was being very rough with my mom (who was in intense pain after surgery), yelling at her for not moving where the cunt nurse wanted her to move, and just being the nastiest fucking human being you could ever imagine.

It took every ounce of self-control for me not to take this cunt and bash her skull against the wall.

I was fucking enraged, but I had to keep it together.

So yeah, I get what R1 is saying, and I get why this kid did what he did.

Nurses and doctors, don't fuck with people's loved ones. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2024 10:03 PM

My mother was in the hospital dying of cancer. Her nurse was a bitch. I went to the charge nurse and told her to switch her out from my mother and to never allow her to be her nurse again. Problem solved without violence.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2024 10:10 PM

He’s ugly- guilty!

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2024 10:14 PM

[quote] I totally get why the kid was upset.

No you don't actually. All you know is the kid objected to some medication. Why? Who the hell knows? Was it the right medication? Who the hell knows? Is the kid just an asshole who reacts violently to everything "just cause," again, who the hell knows?

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2024 10:15 PM

OMG I Love that judge! let e see if I can find a clip

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2024 10:17 PM

n 2016, Florida judge Mindy Glazer had an emotional reunion with a former middle school classmate, Arthur Booth, in her courtroom: First meeting Booth was arrested for burglary and appeared in Glazer's courtroom. Glazer recognized Booth and told him, "I'm sorry to see you here. I always wondered what happened to you, sir". Booth was moved to tears.

Second meeting Eight years later, Booth was back in court facing similar burglary charges. Glazer recused herself from the case and called in another judge. Glazer told Booth, "I hope things work out for you, better".

Third meeting Booth was released from jail after serving 10 months for the burglary. Glazer was there to greet him and encouraged him to "take care of your family, try and get a job, stay clean". Booth promised her he would.

Fourth meeting Nine years later, Booth was arrested again on similar charges and appeared in Glazer's courtroom. Glazer waved at him and smiled before recusing herself. Booth pleaded not guilty and is being held without bail. The reunion between Glazer and Booth went viral.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2024 10:23 PM

[quote]"to feel pain."

Liam?

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2024 10:46 PM

R8, there's a newer video out there from a few months ago. He ended up back in court once again. The original video was hopeful, but the ensuing video shows the reality of career criminals.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2024 10:56 PM

"Hi Mr. Abernathy? This is Sheena, I'm Dr. Silver's Nurse. He is going to have to reschedule your appointment due to having his ass kicked this morning? Is next Thursday ok?"

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2024 11:56 PM

[quote] I can certainly understand the impulse.

Me, too.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2024 11:57 PM

Look on the bright side, he was right at the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2024 12:01 AM

If you're upset about the medication, you speak to another doctor or the hospital.

I get that these days hospitals are byzantine labyrinths of bureacracy and red tape, but it's really not that hard if you have an issue.

I'm betting what he wanted was more pain meds for the mother which he planned to steal for himself to get high.

by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2024 12:07 AM

Bingo, r14

by Anonymousreply 15October 17, 2024 12:20 AM

He could play Ygor to Barron's Frankenstein's Monster for Halloween.

They have the same eyes, although Señor Lotsa Names is more impulsive.

by Anonymousreply 16October 17, 2024 12:20 AM

r1 Your father was in the hospital for a MONTH "recovering from clinical depression and anxiety?" Hospital? A month? Depression? Wow, he is the epitome of "snowflake." Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 17October 17, 2024 12:23 AM

r3 You need medication and therapy

by Anonymousreply 18October 17, 2024 12:24 AM

r8 / r10 Sometimes mental health issues aren't solved by jail time

by Anonymousreply 19October 17, 2024 12:26 AM

R19, he's an addict who steals. Sometimes a career criminal is just a career criminal.

by Anonymousreply 20October 17, 2024 12:28 AM

To be clear, this is not Mount Sinai in NYC. There is a similarly named hospital in Miami, FL.

by Anonymousreply 21October 17, 2024 12:35 AM

r8 I know that but she treated him as a human being, Every Single Time. She never once acted as if she was above him and he was beneath her. She is everything I would want to see in a judge. She is a kind, fair judge. This is not something you see a lot of anymore.

by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2024 1:35 AM

That’ll really help out his mum even more… 🙏🏼

by Anonymousreply 23October 17, 2024 1:42 AM

Christ almighty, if I killed a doctor every time I was pissed off at one, I'd have left a trail of dead doctors in my wake.

Ask me why I can't lift my left arm above my shoulder. Two doctors made the same incorrect diagnosis and won't do anything to fix it. And I just found out there's a medication they could have been giving me all this time for my vertigo that they've never even offered me. My vertigo is so bad that I almost fell in the shower this morning because I had to bend over to pick up that damned slippery glycerin soap. And I could go on and on.

Unless the VA can diagnose it from a urinalysis or your regular yearly blood work, there's nothing wrong with you.

But I bet you guys wouldn't be making any excuses for an old lesbian who killed her doctor -- would you?

by Anonymousreply 24October 17, 2024 1:52 AM

Oh, this would have been so much better than “give her the shot!” In ‘Terminal Endearment’.

by Anonymousreply 25October 17, 2024 2:01 AM

This looks like him, and if it is, then he's a Spanish National.

He also has a white belt in Jiu-Jitsu.

No wonder he was able to beat the crap out of that doctor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 17, 2024 3:13 AM

Same nose, same eyebrow as the photo at R26.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 17, 2024 3:15 AM

I think Teacake should weigh in on this one.

by Anonymousreply 28October 17, 2024 3:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!