Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fat Bitches Rejoice

America revolted against Tostitos and Ruffles. Now they’re making big changes (more inside)...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2024 11:05 PM

They should. Every fucking thing has gotten higher yet the quantity lower. I don’t buy chips like that or this shit but ice cream. Fkin ice cream— mad smaller. Peanut butter. Shit is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2024 3:57 PM

Hopefully, next up: Frito Lay. A 11.5 ounce bag of Fritos for $5.99? Such bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2024 4:00 PM

I really hope people don't go back to those brands after finding cheaper alternatives. I would NEVER spend $6 for a fucking bag of potato/tortilla chips. The store brands are just as good and so much less expensive. They usually have much better sale deals (2 for $5 or something similar) than the national brands.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2024 5:00 PM

I agree about store brands. All the chip store brands I've tried have been just as good and I like some better. All are cheaper, some much cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2024 5:16 PM

These chip companies do private label, so when you buy the store brand you may be buying Tim’s Chips in disguise.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2024 5:21 PM

Oh great we’ll get offer bags and the chips will probably be “processed corn product” with wood filler.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2024 5:27 PM

So they increased their prices 36% in the past 3 years and they're going to add back in what 10% more chips?

They wanted it both ways - they increased the prices AND they shrank the bags, because the greed was just too tasty.

The actual 'cost' of the product they are adding back in is miniscule - a few cents worth.

Meanwhile - they have changed consumer buying habits - possibly forever - by buying other brands or not buying at all.

Fuck them - and I don't believe that their sales are only down 1%. No - their sales are down 20-30% but their profits have been buoyed by their extreme margins. They are on a multiple quarter decline of # of sales and they know it.

They've fucked up - and I hope many many retailers have SHITTY earnings for the next few years. You tried to fuck everyone over - hopefully some people will remember and not forget.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2024 6:50 PM

Totally agree, R7. It's hard to bring people back once they jump ship and create new shopping habits. People are less hungry too with all the Ozempic and other weight loss drugs.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2024 6:55 PM

All the manufacturers are doing it - Shrinkflation. You know who keeps harping about inflation under Biden. No one looks at the record fucking profits all these companies are making.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2024 7:20 PM

It's Fat Whores, OP!! WHORES!!! Bitches indeed...

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2024 7:33 PM

I can’t think about this. It was bad enough when they relabeled the single serving bags as “Party Size.”

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2024 7:38 PM

Crunchy

Munchy!

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2024 7:53 PM

R8 - yep - brand loyalty is extremely expensive and difficult to create among consumers when there are so many choices. They should know that.

But when you break the trust of the consumer and they try other brands instead or store-brands, 'hey, this is really comparable to X, but 40% cheaper' - they're gone.

They pushed the consumer to try other brands and they're not likely to come back. BILLIONS of advertising went into developing these brands.

I hope they enjoyed their 2-3 years of excess profits, because it's gonna be a long, hard road back. No sympathy. Hope many of the execs get fired.

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2024 11:03 PM

$6.50 for a bag of doritos (at my local store) is nuts. Seriously, these companies are greeedy bastards! I hope people who stopped buying this shit because of the prices never go back to buying it even if the prices come down.

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2024 11:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!