Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Desperate late nights

How's the addiction and regret going for you this evening?

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2024 5:50 AM

On my 3rd bottle of wine

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2024 4:55 AM

Hope it was halfway decent wine, r1… at least two of the three bottles.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2024 5:00 AM

I haven’t had a drop of alcohol in 14 weeks currently, but I’m just wrapping up a bodyfat cut and will be traveling soon. Then the holidays will hit. My late drunken nights at home with my dogs are not entirely in my past just yet.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2024 5:02 AM

These edibles aren't doing it for me anymore. I've hit a wall. The magic's gone.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2024 5:07 AM

R2, I learned from the biblical story of the jesus turning water to wine and the people complaining about the best wine being served last. So I always start with the best!

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2024 5:08 AM

Desperate late night with desperate David Letterman

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2024 5:11 AM

R4, cannabis, alcohol - in my own experience I have to take extended breaks from them entirely in order to get any benefits. I’m sure edibles fall under this as well - at least for myself. I won’t presume to say it applies to everyone but I think it all comes down to our dopamine receptors becoming too accustomed to things.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2024 5:19 AM

R3, are they rescue dogs?

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2024 5:22 AM

I drank coffee too late but it tasted so good.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2024 5:23 AM

Only have had one bottle tonight. I need to be sharper at work tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2024 5:26 AM

R3 haha, touché. Indeed they are! One is even a Covid shutdowns/March 2020 foster-fail adoption. They both apparently came from some Texas shithole and now live a relative life of luxury.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2024 5:30 AM

R8 ^ I meant, not R3. Damnit I always fuck that up.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2024 5:31 AM

Golden slumbers fill your eyes

Smiles await you when you rise

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2024 5:31 AM

Been sober for years, so nothing but boring water for me.

Thought I am still plenty desperate. And chalk full of regret.

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2024 5:42 AM

[quote] And chalk full of regret

You may as well toss yourself over the White Cliffs of Dover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2024 5:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!