Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“The Devil Wears Prada 2” - Shooting Next Month?

The Devil Wears Prada 2 is listed on the official Production List website - an official site which "monitors all major film and TV projects currently in pre-production and active development".

According to the site, shooting for the sequel is expected to begin on 30 November.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2024 2:36 PM

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2024 3:18 AM

That’s all - -

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2024 3:20 AM

It's also listed on IMDb with all four original leads.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2024 3:23 AM

Loved Meryl in the original. I wanted her to win the oscar that year.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2024 3:27 AM

[quote] "The Devil Wears Prada 2” - Shooting Next Month?

OP, did you fall down and smack your little head on the pavement??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2024 3:28 AM

The typing of bitchy posts in this thread will sound like a roomful of clacking Stiletto heels on a marble floors.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2024 5:41 AM

[quote]Loved Meryl in the original. I wanted her to win the oscar that year.

She probably would have if she'd gone supporting.

She has only 28 minutes of screen time in a 110 minute movie (1h 50m).

And she's only on screen when Anne Hathaway's character is present.

The only lead is Hathaway, who is in for most of it.

The others (Emily Blunt, Stanley Tucci, Adrian Grenier) have even less screen time than Streep.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2024 5:56 AM

2006 Best Supporting Actress:

- Adriana Barraza in "Babel"

- Cate Blanchett in "Notes on a Scandal"

- Abigail Breslin in "Little Miss Sunshine"

- Jennifer Hudson in "Dreamgirls" **WINNER**

- Rinko Kikuchi in "Babel"

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2024 6:00 AM

I'm going to wear my lumpy blue sweater to the premiere. It's not just blue, it's not turquoise, it's not lapis, it's actually [bold]CERULEAN[/bold]. It filtered down through the department stores and then trickled on down into some tragic Casual Corner where I fished it out of some clearance bin.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2024 6:37 AM

Streep has a scene in TDWP without Anne. It’s in a conference room where writers are pitching ideas to Miranda (florals for Spring? Groundbreaking).

Has a script even been written for the sequel?

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2024 6:44 AM

R10 Must be if an official production website says shooting begins next month.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2024 10:06 AM

They should have named it The Devil Still Wears Prada.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2024 12:09 PM

Let's not get into the screen time thing. She dominates the movie, even when she's not always on screen. It's a lead performance, she's the title character.

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2024 12:24 PM

Streep doesn't do sequels. With the exception of "Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again". She refused and they killed her character off but when Cher was cast and the originals all begged her, she agreed to a small finale cameo as a ghost.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2024 12:30 PM

I'm waiting for the sequel to She-Devil.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2024 12:40 PM

R13 the movie is told from Hathaway's POV, who is in almost every frame.

People only consider Miranda a lead character, because of Streep and her megastar wattage.

But if she were played by, say, Kathy Bates, no one would consider her lead and Hathaway would've gotten first billing.

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2024 12:47 PM

[quote] It's not just blue, it's not turquoise, it's not lapis, it's actually CERULEAN. It filtered down through the department stores and then trickled on down into some tragic Casual Corner where I fished it out of some clearance bin.

"...the sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room, from a bunch of stuff!"

Hilarious to be so snobbish about being part of the *fashion industry*, of all things.

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2024 12:48 PM

Meryl Streep is the movie 🍿 🎥

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2024 12:52 PM

I love me a good Stanley Tushy movie.

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2024 1:00 PM

Amanda Farrow: "When you finish the slush files, then you may go. But I want my comments on each."

Caroline Bender: "Typed?"

Amanda Farrow: "No Miss Bender. Beat it out on a native drum."

by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2024 1:20 PM

Streep is allegedly on board for a third Mamma Mia movie so maybe she's mellowing on sequels. Guess she'll be a dead mamma in that one, too.

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2024 2:10 PM

Is there something for Colton?

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2024 2:33 PM

Please don’t remind me if that TRAVESTY, r8

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2024 2:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!