Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Within 30 days"? Are you fucking kidding me?

Is this how they plan to turn it around in Michigan? To promise action AFTER the election, expecting everyone to forget that the entire north Gaza is being starved to death? Who could possibly be stupid enough to buy this?

Literally nothing in that letter would take 30 days to be acted upon. It is though plenty of time for Netanyahu to cleanse the entire region.

I now firmly believe the rumors of the Biden team and the Harris campaign at odds. He must be fucking with her at this point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 16, 2024 11:01 AM

[quote]Who could possibly be stupid enough to buy this?

The vast majority of the American public, 98% of which gives zero fucks about Israel or Gaza.

[quote]I now firmly believe the rumors of the Biden team and the Harris campaign at odds. He must be fucking with her at this point.

How so? He punted on the issue until after the election, and if even their fucking debate with Trump's "EATING THE PETS!!!" hysteria barely moved the polling needles, why would anything relative to Gaza?

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2024 12:12 AM

OP what is a truly, WORKABLE, RATIONAL, REAL solution then?

I 100% do not know - I'm asking.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2024 12:16 AM

Kamala is going to lose Michigan over it.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2024 12:21 AM

No, R3, she's not. You bitches are like Charlie Brown, Lucy and the football with the polling stuff. They were ALL wrong in 2016 & 2020, so why the fuck would they be right this year?

Trump's delusional if he thinks he'll attract much of the Jewish vote, and you're delusional if you think he'll somehow "sway" Palestinian supporters instead of Harris. They may not be happy about what Biden's done thus far, but they're not idiots, and they know full well that electing a deeply racist election denier will only worsen LITERALLY EVERYTHING.

If Trump wins Michigan, it'll be because of his own unexpected strength with his core constituencies: hicks & white trash. (Except those voters are the least excited to vote, given Trump's weirdness and increasingly deranged statements.)

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2024 12:26 AM

R4 is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2024 12:29 AM

R2 I don't know. How about not participate in genocide?

Yes I said participate, not enable. When you're the one providing not only the funds and the murder weapon but, most importantly, absolute immunity from any consequences whatsoever, then you're just as culpable as the one holding the knife.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2024 12:29 AM

Well, if the crying bitches in Michigan vote for a traitor, I sure as fuck don’t want to hear their screaming when Gaza is wiped off the face of the earth and Jared puts up high rises there instead.

Then what will all of you sniveling twats scream and cry about next?

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2024 12:51 AM

Typical Dems. Always reactive, never proactive, clueless and disorganized, afraid of offending anyone or anything anytime, until it’s too late to do anything.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2024 12:54 AM

Netanyahu's Looming Iran Strike Could Make the U.S. Election Go Ballistic

The potential spillover of an Israeli strike on Iran – the embroilment of U.S. troops, and the potential shock on oil prices caused by a subsequent Iranian retaliation – could have a direct impact on voters in a way that Israel has never previously moved the needle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2024 12:55 AM

R7 has it right.

Bibi and Trump are to blame. Hold them responsible, OP. I know that is a bitter pill for you to swallow, but it's true.

If you really think America has a hand in hurting Palestinians, move now. Even after Bibi is gone and Israel gets a new leader, be it a better or worse one, our country will partner with Israel in some way. It will be our ally. Better to handle this mentally now or apply for a visa to another country.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2024 12:57 AM

I fully support Israel's right to defend itself. However, from now on they should do it using their own funding for weapons, military forces etc. and should receive no further backing or interference from the US.

This means no further military funding, supplying weapons, tanks, bombs or other ammunition from the US - everything must be self-funded and procured. There should be no further backing, acting as a buffer or acting as a super power deterrent by the US in order to protect Israel from the consequences of the military decisions they make. The US should also cease protecting Israel from UN resolutions with veto power etc. Israel is a sovereign country which has shown they are more than capable of running their own affairs and making their own decisions.

If Israel want to wage war with various countries in the middle east then they should 100% go ahead - but on their own as the sovereign country they are. As Israel continues with their wider middle east war then they must be prepared to accept any and all consequences for their decisions and actions.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2024 1:09 AM

This issue (Palestinians) has never influenced a presidential election and it never will.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2024 1:21 AM

The situation in Gaza is influencing this election in many ways R12. Clear evidence of this is demonstrated by the Biden administration giving this 30 day warning to Israel. There is no actual intent from the Biden administration to actually remove support or funding to Israel - but the message has been delivered to American voters for whom this issue affects the way they will vote.

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2024 1:52 AM

R13, please share with us an election where the Palestinian issue made a difference.

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2024 2:00 AM

The only way this impacts "the way they will vote" is [italic]if[/italic] they vote or not. And Kamala needs to make it abundantly clear that, in swing-state Michigan, not voting for her is voting for Shitler. Every vote matters and elections are won on turnout. A vote for Kamala means that Muslims in America still have a voice because if the Tangerine Traitor wins (((shudder))), all bets are off with regard to any constraints on Netanyahu's actions in Gaza, the West Bank, in Lebanon, and even Iran. And there's no way any such conflict ends well... for anyone. Meanwhile, Shitler will not only ignore Muslims, he'll have them rounded up and put in concentration camps, and either tortured and killed or deported back to where they came from, where they will be tortured and killed.

No one thinks that a Kamala victory means that there's peace in the Middle East. But at least she won't let Bibi turn it into Hell on Earth.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2024 2:02 AM

I just gave you an example R14. Another example is the Democratic Party actively courting American-Muslim voters who usually voted Democratic and were threatening to either switch parties or not vote at all.

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2024 2:03 AM

R16, in the past. This election hasn’t happened so you can’t say yet it influenced the election.

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2024 2:07 AM

It already has influenced the 2024 election R17. I've given you two examples of this now.

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2024 2:13 AM

R18, the election is Nov. 5? No way to tell if it influenced the outcome until it’s over.

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2024 2:16 AM

[quote]Typical Dems. Always reactive, never proactive, clueless and disorganized, afraid of offending anyone or anything anytime, until it’s too late to do anything.

The orange authoritarian and his adoring cult appreciates your fervent support, R8. The Democratic Party will be fine without it.

by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2024 2:17 AM

If Trump wins it will prove that the majority of American voters are idiots. Please let it not be so, universe.

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2024 2:17 AM

Race and gender should have nothing to do with who is president. Time to evolve, America.

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2024 2:19 AM

That kid almost did us a favor, if only fuckface didn't move his head at the last minute.

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2024 2:25 AM

R20 You're a walking caricature of the blue MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 24October 16, 2024 2:31 AM

R21 It most certainly will show that, but I'll always know I didn't vote for the bastard and aren't among said idiots who fell for the bullshit. We'll all suffer if Trump wins, but we did what we were supposed to do.

R22 Its a shame that we have to wait and see if we've finally reached that point in our history. We'll also find out if anger, grievance and retribution are preferred over continuity, constitutional order and the tradition of free, fair, democratic elections.

by Anonymousreply 25October 16, 2024 2:32 AM

R14 It's almost as if the narrative on Israel and Palestine has been driven by entirely by corporate media and lobbyist groups until TikTok and X took much of that power away from them, for better or for worse. When was the last election where a video footage of a mother and a child being burnt alive went viral with the names of the sitting president and the candidate VP attached to it?

by Anonymousreply 26October 16, 2024 2:36 AM

[quote]R18, the election is Nov. 5? No way to tell if it influenced the outcome until it’s over.

It has already influenced the 2024 election R19. It was widely reported recently that one (or more) of the major US Muslim groups have endorsed Kamala and have said they will all vote Democratic.

Logically - of course the full influence of the Gaza situation will be unknown until after the election.

by Anonymousreply 27October 16, 2024 2:38 AM

R11 As far as "centrist" takes go, this is a great one. Curious how you never hear it from Democrats and their supporters though.

by Anonymousreply 28October 16, 2024 2:40 AM

[quote]R20 You're a walking caricature of the blue MAGA.

There's no such thing as "blue MAGA." You pulled that out of your ass and are just pissed that this isn't a MAGA supporting echo chamber like you've become accustomed to participating in. So again, vote for the bastard and his cult of personality. Democrats don't need or want your vote, nor the bullshit you peddle.

by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2024 2:52 AM

[quote]R11 - As far as "centrist" takes go, this is a great one. Curious how you never hear it from Democrats and their supporters though.

Thank you R28 - I am a lifelong Democratic supporter & voter. I am center-left leaning. I think my proposal for Israel is very reasonable and logical.

by Anonymousreply 30October 16, 2024 3:31 AM

[quote]However, from now on they should do it using their own funding for weapons, military forces etc. and should receive no further backing or interference from the US. This means no further military funding, supplying weapons, tanks, bombs or other ammunition from the US - everything must be self-funded and procured.

R11, I completely agree with you in principle. I also know there's nearly zero chance we'll stop funding Israel to some extent, even if it's not for weaponry. (We have hundreds of billions of private dollars invested in Israeli companies, for one thing.) I further know that while you and I may feel strongly about this issue, the American public on whole definitely does not. Making it an issue before the election won't help but could definitely hurt.

R26, that's a nicely savage diss, but I think most Americans are still blinded by corporate media interests. (What percentage of TikTok users are over 30? Maybe 2%? And X's traffic nowadays is mostly neo-Nazis.) I only know this because I lived in Europe for several years (pre-9/11) and saw for myself how THEY view the conflict, and it was certainly eye-opening – me having mostly followed Israel-Palestine in the NYT – to discover that the *actual* left-leaning newspapers over there (including the Guardian and Independent in the UK) were almost entirely Palestine supporters. Only the News Corp rags were on Israel's side.

Still, we've already seen social media effect change, e.g. the Arab Spring movement (though many of the countries that participated ended up being repressed even further). Who the fuck KNOWS what kind of sick video shit is still out there waiting to be uncovered? (And I've seen the already sick enough shit on Telegram and the like.) And if you doubt the power of a video filmed in a way that makes EXACTLY clear how severe of an injustice is being done, two words: George Floyd.

by Anonymousreply 31October 16, 2024 4:10 AM

Hi ding dong, 30 days is the normal time frame for any legal action. You must give 30 day notice B4 unleasing hell or stopping aid. It's a legal threat. Grow up. It sucks but this is how the real world works. When you don't pay your rent I can't just kick you out I have to wait and I really would love to kick you out on day 2 but it takes 30 days, where I live, to get my property back with you out!

by Anonymousreply 32October 16, 2024 4:54 AM

The amount of voters who care about Palestine is 0.000000001%

by Anonymousreply 33October 16, 2024 4:59 AM

"A former "Bernie or Bust-er", part I

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 16, 2024 10:59 AM

"A former "Bernie or Bust-er", part II

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 16, 2024 10:59 AM

"A former "Bernie or Bust-er", part III

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 16, 2024 11:00 AM

"A former "Bernie or Bust-er", part IV

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 16, 2024 11:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!