Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A La Niña winter is coming. Here’s what that could mean for the US

La Niña is a natural climate pattern that influences global weather marked by cooler than average ocean temperatures in the equatorial Pacific.

The entire northern tier of the US is expected to end up wetter than normal this winter, especially the Pacific Northwest, Midwest and parts of the interior Northeast. Wet weather will be crucial to combat ongoing dryness and drought in the Midwest.

More precipitation than normal doesn’t guarantee there will be more snow. Temperatures still have to be chilly enough both above and at the surface for snow to fall and stick to the ground.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2024 3:57 AM

The season is expected to be warmer than normal across almost the entire southern half of the US and much of the East. This could mean some winter storms in parts of the East end up wetter, rather than snowier. But with drier and warmer than normal conditions expected across the South, drought conditions could worsen throughout the season.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2024 11:35 PM

Yes! I'm not a fan of snow.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2024 11:38 PM

Hey, Mother Nature! Shove your snow up your twat!

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2024 2:05 AM

Same, r2.

Unless I don’t have to drive or shovel it. Then it’s ok, I guess.

Ice storms and sleet can fuck all the way off, tho.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2024 2:12 AM

Translated as to from the Spanish......Winter. She's going to be such a cold little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2024 2:12 AM

Cool!

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2024 2:21 AM

Snow is great. I would love a snowy NYC winter, unlike last year where we got like five flakes. But freezing rain is a fucking nightmare so I hope it's not three months of that bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2024 2:47 AM

Yes, ice is the worst.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2024 2:53 AM

Well that's just great

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2024 3:08 AM

La Nina, please send Hawaii weather to New England this winter.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2024 3:31 AM

Mt Washington and the other presidential peaks have snow on the summits.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2024 3:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!