Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Any really decent topical prescriptions for scarring?

DL, is there a good Rx for shingles scarring?

I rarely ever scar, but now I have scarring all over my chest, torso, my neck, my left shoulder & parts of the left side of my jaw & face. It looks AWFUL, & I’m really depressed over this. I’ve read that laser treatments can do wonders, but I cannot afford that right now.

I’m seeing my doctor later today, & any suggestions would really help.

TIA!

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2024 9:52 PM

Oh God, OP I feel for you. Shingles are so painful and scarring. My son got it and the only thing that helped was Mederma PM. He couldn't really use it during the day because he's a welder and sweats a lot. The Mederma started showing results after about a month of using it every night. I hope this helps.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2024 2:03 PM

I also should add that his scarring is minimal now and it been about 4 months.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2024 2:05 PM

Beauty takes a knife.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2024 2:17 PM

R1, thanks so much for the recommendation.

I’m so sorry to hear about your son. It’s an absolutely AWFUL fucking virus, & I hope he continues to successfully heal from it, & hopefully he doesn’t suffer from post neuro herpetic pain. Who knew that a cluster of tiny blisters could cause such havoc & damage? I didn’t.

There’s a particular area on my neck that almost looks like scarring from a burn. I’ve never seen anything like it (on myself, anyhow), & I’m just praying that it eventually fades away with a good Rx, a healthy diet, & time. I will bring it up to my doctor.

R3 must be Korean.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2024 2:23 PM

OP - it's not a miracle but this cream is recommended by Swiss dermatologists even over prescription creams.

Basically it takes some time but it's also important to treat from NOW.

I have to use it after all cosmetic laser surgery.

And save your money for eventual laser in the most conspicuous places.

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2024 2:32 PM

here it is, sorry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2024 2:32 PM

I condole you. OP.

Having said that, is it possible that your mother saved your placenta from your birth? Afterbirth can be a remarkable source for many healing salves and tinctures.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2024 2:34 PM

Bio-Oil is great for scarring. Amazon has a tone of options and the prizes are reasonable for the most part. Good luck, OP.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2024 3:20 PM

Pox scarring goes away unless you're old and your skin is like a sagging paper bag.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2024 4:01 PM

Pure vitamin E oil might help. I have a large slasher scar on my neck from vertebrae fusion, and it seems to be helping. Fortunately it’s getting into scarf-wearing season.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2024 7:59 PM

Another vote for Mederma. Good luck, OP. Be sure to get a shingles vaccination as soon as you are medically cleared to do so. Fucking beast of a virus.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2024 9:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!