Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Damned Dont Cry (1950)

Film noir Joan Crawford free on YT colorized looks like technicolor almost any opinions comments or trivia I thought it was meh

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2024 9:11 PM

I have not seen this 1, but I love JCs films made in the 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2024 2:10 AM

Watching a colorized version of this movie is a crime. It's beautiful in black and white, and the mid-century sets are to die for. Joan prances around in beautiful dresses and talks tough. Heaven.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2024 2:21 AM

You should watch it. Joan is excellent. She gets her bite out of life by becoming a mobster's mole. She's sweet turned sour. Chews the scenery like a desperate, Oscar sniffer. One of Joan's best films. Plus, you get to see Joan repeat her sexy ladder stunt(MP), showing off her glam gams, fuck-me pumps and other assets.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2024 2:29 AM

Colorized films are cheap looking,the white tones aren't colored and look flat, the faces including the eyes are painted a dead flesh color.

JC looked good in the costumes of the 1950s but struggled with her crazy hairstyles and too severe makeup.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2024 2:32 AM

Joan was convincing as a caring mother in TDDC. Was it just acting? Still nice to see.

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2024 2:41 AM

The same maker uploaded a colorized version of Mildred Pierce to archive.org.

In both The Dammed and Mildred, the colorization is very iffy. In some scenes, it looks sumptuous and very realistic. While in many, it's very inconsistent and full of distracting errors.

There is one scene in the entry of Mildred's grand home where Veda looks wonderful in her beautiful gown, only to see grey-toned Joan who looks like she is wearing zombie makeup.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2024 2:59 AM

Colorization made Joan's thighs look fat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2024 3:04 AM

Back then, they didn't need color. They had Stars!

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2024 3:12 AM

Monroe made those meaty thighs squirt joy juice. That's the rumor.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2024 3:15 AM

The first b&w film that I saw on the first 4K smart TV I brought 6 years ago was The Damned Don’t Cry and it looked absolutely gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2024 4:01 AM

I thought the first 30 minutes or so were great but then the film got too preposterous for my taste.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2024 9:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!