Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kamala Harris is Sit Down With Fox News' Bret Baier

The interview will be conducted in Pennsylvania and will air on Special Report with Bret Baier at 6 p.m. ET on Wednesday. Baier is the network’s chief political anchor and executive editor of the newscast.

by Anonymousreply 43October 15, 2024 7:50 PM

Good OPs provide links.

I hope Pete preps her for this!

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2024 9:22 PM

I was raised by a single mother. She worked hard to save up to buy a house.

Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2024 9:26 PM

Sorry, but there's already a thread on this with a good OP.

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2024 9:29 PM

At least it’s not Jessie Watters. We don’t want Momala to get violent but it would be completely understandable.

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2024 10:01 PM

IMO she should stay away from this kind of stuff. There is nothing to be gained. Right now she has three weeks left. Three weeks. That time is better spent on GOTV operations. This needs to be a tightly focused time. Mobilize your base. The time for "selling" and recruiting is over. Now is the time for full mobilization. Secondly, the whole notion of specifically targeting Black men by Kamala personally is misguided. Others need t o do that. I loved her statement about earning people's support, but that is really all she needs to do. A couple of radio or podcast interviews is enough. For the entirety of this campaign cycle, she has effectively avoided identity politics, the whole woman thing or the Race thing. Others have pointed it out but she has been all about policy and about exposing Trump. That's been a winning strategy and she should not deviate from it this late in the game.

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2024 12:40 AM

They’re trying to peel away the tiny percentage of Republican voters who still have a slight trace of a mind and a soul, who may find voting for Trump too revolting.

I think it’s a fools errand but I think it can’t hurt. If she gets ambushed they can always say it was a fox “news” hatchet job.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2024 12:44 AM

R6 yes, but it also will give the bad guys sound bites to distort. And it gives ammo to all the fuckers in the Media who still find fault with every single answer she gives about the economy, about Biden, About immigration, etc. The motto is "do no harm" and IMO she really doesn't need the exposure. I have worked on many Presidential and statewide campaigns. Politics is war. And there are phases or stages if you will, in terms of things that need to be accomplished. The people who encouraged her to do this whether it was her idea or theirs, probably told her the same things you did. If she'd done it after her debate with Trump I could see it. But October is never a month to get innovative....unless you're losing. And she is not losing.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2024 1:22 AM

Will this be live or edited like the CBS interview?

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2024 2:10 AM

She’s showing that she’s not a pussy like Dump. I think it’s the right move.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2024 2:13 AM

She got very, very, very lucky in the debate with trump. He was his usual lunatic self and the moderators did a great job fact checking his lies. Had it been any of the previous moderators we've had during the past 2 election debates, she wouldn't have done so well.

She's an idiot for even just thinking about doing this. No matter how it goes, fox is going to distort it for commercials and the media will show the clip over and over.

She was a useless vice president. What did she actually accomplish? What does she plan on telling Brett Baier about the border? Bill Clinton admitted today at a stop that Biden's disgusting border fuck up probably caused the death of a college student in Georgia.

And what does Harris plan on saying about that?

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2024 2:20 AM

Back to the blocked list you go, r10. I literally just cleared out my blocked list, all the while telling myself it was a mistake. Well, it was.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2024 2:33 AM

[quote] She was a useless vice president.

This is indeed a highly unusual circumstance. Thanks you for pointing it out. This is helpful.

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2024 2:54 AM

R10, funny how the same remark can be interpreted by the different agenda of the media.

[quote]Former President Bill Clinton suggested Monday that a nursing student’s murder would not have happened it her alleged killer had been vetted. Clinton, who was campaigning for Vice President Kamala Harris Monday in Georgia, was talking about the murder of Laken Riley, who was allegedly killed by an illegal immigrant from Venezuela.

[quote]According to Fox News, Clinton blamed former President Donald Trump of stopping negotiations regarding a bipartisan border compromise in Congress. Clinton said Trump did this to make it a campaign issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2024 4:14 AM

Other side...

[quote]Bubba was supposedly stumping for Kamala Harris, trying to defend her horrific record as border czar, when he accidentally told the truth.

[quote]Clinton tried to shift blame to Donald Trump, who he claimed is responsible for killing that “bipartisan border bill” that Democrats insist would’ve fixed everything.

[quote]Oops: Ibarra was set free in 2022 (when Democrats controlled Congress), while that bill didn’t even surface until this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2024 4:17 AM

[quote] Right now she has three weeks left. Three weeks. That time is better spent on GOTV operations.

You think she should handle GOTV herself? I don’t think that's how it works

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2024 4:52 AM

I'll be curious how you'll feel when she doesn't flop like you're predicting, r10.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2024 4:57 AM

Which sock puppet is this, r10?

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2024 4:59 AM

I've had r10 blocked for a while

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2024 6:40 AM

She’s braver than Hilary. Going toe to toe with the dirty-playin enemy.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2024 8:02 AM

She will actually talk to those at Fox who are or lean GOP? This is Shocking. Brave Inspiring Unheard Of.

DL finds it hard to believe her courage in talking to potential voters. DL worries and frets.

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2024 8:12 AM

Too bad most people have already voted.

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2024 8:25 AM

For 2022 yes. For 2024 not so much.

R21

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2024 8:30 AM

Risky idea. Fox blows, very infriendly.

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2024 8:37 AM

*unfriendly

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2024 8:37 AM

If you want to be the president of the United States and you are afraid to explain yourself to all the voters during your campaign you have no fucking business being president of the United States.

Unfriendly? Only cowards like trump (and evidently much of DL) would pass on this opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2024 8:44 AM

I've got ptsd from Biden's debate. Another think I have to hold my breath for.

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2024 9:19 AM

She probably decided if she's going to lose narrowly she'd rather do it having made every attempt to win. Hillary will hear until the end of time that she should have gone to Pennsylvania. Kamala doesn't want to go down as handing over the country to Trump because she wouldn't do media interviews.

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2024 9:41 AM

DL Dems afraid their choice for president is weak and stupid and can’t deal with Fox News and that Fox news will make a fool out of her.

“Stay with MSNBC they scream while clutching their purses”

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2024 10:38 AM

If it pisses off Trump (like it is) it must be good.

by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2024 12:09 PM

[quote]Hillary will hear until the end of time that she should have gone to Pennsylvania.

She should have gone to Michigan and Wisconsin, in addition to Pennsylvania. But, she didn't so she lost, and unleashed holy hell on the country. But, I'll bet those great dinners with NY and California millionaires tasted good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2024 1:19 PM

Clinton’s strategy was arguably a mistake. No one can know if she would have won had she done things differently.

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2024 1:25 PM

R28. No one is afraid she’s stupid. Fox not a true news network and can make anyone look bad. That is the concern. Of course, you knew that already.

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2024 1:27 PM

Bret Bauer the author of that annoying paean to Eisenhower?

by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2024 1:32 PM

I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. Didn't he do strange mental gymnastics to claim Eisenhower's warning about the military-industrial complex didn't mean what you think it means?

by Anonymousreply 34October 15, 2024 1:33 PM

I can smell R10’s nappy pussy.

by Anonymousreply 35October 15, 2024 1:42 PM

R15 stop being deliberately obtuse. The campaign ought to focus on GOTV. That means she does visits to local businesses for photo ops, she does appearances in swing state counties that are in play, etc. she may meet with specific constituencies, or do some visit with a granny or a child who is in some special circumstances. It means she does not channel Princess Diana walking into a minefield.

by Anonymousreply 36October 15, 2024 2:25 PM

[quote] For 2022 yes. For 2024 not so much.

No, for 2024. They released the data. Most votes are in.

by Anonymousreply 37October 15, 2024 2:30 PM

R36, really? You do realize she can do both. And Princess Diana walking in a minefield did more for that issue than 100 people who weren’t Princess Diana.

She is purposefully showing that she is the anti-Dump. Fearless. Working for ALL Americans. Willing to face anyone down.

by Anonymousreply 38October 15, 2024 3:16 PM

R32 is the interview going out live? If so my bet is on Harris doing great. And for the first time she can speak directly to Donald’s voters and potential voters.

DL many of them may have no balls but Harris has giant ones. She is going to do great and she will do it where it fucking counts..

You can’t be scared shitless about everything in life as so many here seem to be and think you are going to wage the good fight.

by Anonymousreply 39October 15, 2024 3:29 PM

[quote]That time is better spent on GOTV operations. This needs to be a tightly focused time. Mobilize your base. The time for "selling" and recruiting is over.

[quote]But October is never a month to get innovative....

I'm glad someone came along and mentioned Hillary, because this is exactly what Hillary was accused of [italic]not[/italic] doing that supposedly cost her the election.

Further, the Democrats have a well-run GOTV machine in place. We have more field offices, more paid staff, more volunteers (by a huge factor), and a more coordinated effort spread among multiple Democratic groups than the Republikkkan counterparts.

Democrats are motivated, dedicated and either already voting or working to mobilize other Democrats. That Kamala made a direct appeal to Black men, notably after Obama's dressing down, is a good thing. Black men need to wake the fuck up and realize that Trump will do to them exactly what he did to them last time... and I guess we can sum that up by asking what George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Stephon Clark, and/or Breonna Taylor would have to say about it. But we can't because they're dead, killed by the cops to whom Shitler wants to grant immunity. Worse, even Black Republikkkans are on the record wanting to bring back slavery.

But it's rich to suggest that giving a television interview is somehow getting [italic]innovative[/italic] after deriding her for not giving any interviews since she became the nominee. Can't have it both ways, MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 40October 15, 2024 4:04 PM

Baier is already receiving threats from furious MAGATS.

by Anonymousreply 41October 15, 2024 4:06 PM

I Am no MAGAt. We have differing views , and mine is based on my own experience of campaigns. But yes, the Dems have an outstanding GOTV operation. And appealing directly to Black men was effective. It also supports those GOTV efforts. All I am saying is that everything Harris is doing needs to support the GOTV operations. Like appealing directly to Black men. Maybe I find appearing on Fox triggering. The only guy who seems to handle them is Pete who does a great job.

by Anonymousreply 42October 15, 2024 7:37 PM

Those who are threatening him should be arrested, imprisoned for mandatory ten years, and have their mug shots blasted on the national news, every night.

Shame the domestic terrorists. Let every American know their names and faces.

by Anonymousreply 43October 15, 2024 7:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!