Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MAGA militia "hunting" FEMA workers - forcing temporary pullout of N.C. county

'Around 1 p.m. Saturday, an official with the U.S. Forest Service, which is supporting recovery efforts after Hurricane Helene along with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, sent an urgent message to numerous federal agencies warning that “FEMA has advised all federal responders Rutherford County, NC, to stand down and evacuate the county immediately. The message stated that National Guard troops 'had come across x2 trucks of armed militia saying there were out hunting FEMA.’”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2024 10:24 AM

They are domestic terrorists. Lock them up, don't allow them out. Treat them like you would any other terrorist. Stop pussyfooting around with them because they're white or they were born here.

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2024 4:54 PM

Start making examples of these people. They are terrorists.

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2024 4:55 PM

They’re also threatening meteorologists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2024 5:09 PM

From CNN:

[quote]Authorities have made an arrest in connection with threats made toward FEMA responders, according to the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office.

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2024 5:11 PM

More.

"ALERT: Rutherford County, NC sheriff reports arrest of man after emergency call that a "male had an assault rifle and made the comment about possibly harming FEMA employees working after the disaster of Hurricane Helene in the Lake Lure and Chimney Rock area"

Sheriff's office: The initial report stated there was a truck load of militia that was involved. However, after further investigation, it was determined the arrested man "acted alone and there were no truck loads of militia going to Lake Lure""

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2024 5:14 PM

OMG how stupid do you have to be to threaten a meteorologist? Trumps base, a basket of damn rocks.

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2024 5:15 PM

Kkklassy bunch of fuckups

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2024 5:16 PM

Those dopes are only hurting themselves, Rutherford County is a Republican stronghold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2024 5:19 PM

R7 fucKKKups

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2024 5:20 PM

'As the right's criticism of FEMA intensifies, Kamala's position remains unclear'

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2024 5:22 PM

FEMA workers should take a note from another cults book: Scientology. Personally each should sue these terrorists for the pain and suffering caused by their act of assault. Targeting them with litigation would drain them of the thing they're seeking, take all their damned money.

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2024 5:31 PM

the GOP is now frankly a terrorist organization

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2024 5:34 PM

This all goes back to when the Obama Administration treated those Bundy terrorists with kid gloves when they had an armed takeover of public lands. The feds should have blown them away. Now all these years later, they just get more and more emboldened (see also MAGA on 1/6). You can't have a civilized country with these types of terrorists running around.

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2024 5:36 PM

Agree completely, R13.

by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2024 5:42 PM

Ashe County, North Carolina.

My father's family lived there until 1837, when my ancestor's brother was found "guilty" of miscegenation by the NC Supreme Court for the brother's wife not having "black blood," and they were literally banished from the state. My family crossed the boarder to Scott County, Virginia, to avoid the bullshit, because that part of the state was remote.

The second-falsest US citizens are the ones who claim a unique status for being lowbrow, uneducated, incompetent, and hateful.

The falsest are the politicians who play to the lowest for votes to reach power.

by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2024 5:49 PM

Domestic terrorists.

Threatening and/or harassing FEDERAL EMPLOYEES in the course of their duties is a FELONY.

No more voting and no more dick substitutes for them.

I certainly hope the judge explains it to this fucktard in no uncertain terms what his prick behavior has gotten him - no voting, no guns and no job. Now, he can stand on the street AFTER he does his time, and beg for money.

by Anonymousreply 16October 14, 2024 5:55 PM

"Im sure by now you've seen the reports of an armed militia hunting FEMA in North Carolina.

What you don't realize is that if Trump wins, we'll ALL be FEMA"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 14, 2024 5:55 PM

I also have to mention, since I've not seen it mentioned here, that NC [bold]is[/bold] an open carry state.

Some years ago, riding my motorcycle in NC, I stopped at an off-the-beaten-path gas station; and one of the good ol' boys hanging out and chatting was wearing a rather large revolver on his belt.

I tried not to stare, but it did creep me out.

by Anonymousreply 18October 14, 2024 6:09 PM

It's so mind boggling to realize there are 70 million of these types of racist, sexist, misogynistic, xenophobic jack asses at large in this country, and they're all registered Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 19October 14, 2024 6:09 PM

If they don't go easy on them, they become martyrs. See Ruby Ridge

by Anonymousreply 20October 14, 2024 6:13 PM

^ OH please. You don't let the bullies kick sand in your face, you have to stand up to them and beat the shit out of them, publicly. IDGAF if some MAGA looneys martyr them, we can't allow this in a civilized country.

by Anonymousreply 21October 14, 2024 6:36 PM

This is Trump's America.

by Anonymousreply 22October 14, 2024 6:54 PM

Of course, they will be the first people to whine that they didn't get enough free money or assistance after the hurricane and blame, you know, the democrats.

How unhinged do you have to be to threaten FEMA workers? I don't even understand the conspiracy theory crazy behind hating FEMA.

by Anonymousreply 23October 14, 2024 7:07 PM

^^^ Oh wait - I just figured it out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 14, 2024 7:14 PM

This cannot be tolerated.

by Anonymousreply 25October 14, 2024 8:53 PM

Unbelievable that this is where we are

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 14, 2024 9:03 PM

But burning down cities is all good, right R25?

by Anonymousreply 27October 14, 2024 9:37 PM

It's only good if you're one of the mortally wounded burn victims. R27.

Then humanity will be in a much better place without you.

by Anonymousreply 28October 14, 2024 9:42 PM

Oh, puh-leeze, r27.

by Anonymousreply 29October 14, 2024 9:54 PM

R27 doing what they do best: being the leading member of the Sisters of Perpetual Victimhood.

by Anonymousreply 30October 14, 2024 10:08 PM

R10 😂. Right. Good one.

by Anonymousreply 31October 14, 2024 11:30 PM

I know these people have the iq of an ant but can someone school me real quick on the conspiracy. They are doing this because of what reason? They think FEMA is purposely causing destruction or something? Like what is the ignorant philosophy behind this chaos?

by Anonymousreply 32October 14, 2024 11:34 PM

[quote]armed militia saying there were out hunting FEMA.

Okay, but why did I read this part in Elmer Fudd's voice?

by Anonymousreply 33October 14, 2024 11:43 PM

I think, r32, there’s a conspiracy theory that FEMA is taking over the land because of lithium deposits? Or something.

The gust of it is that “the gubmint” is taking over displaced storm victims properties and not letting them return to what’s left of their homes.

Apparently, FEMA is behind this “land grab”.

by Anonymousreply 34October 15, 2024 12:19 AM

Verrwee, r33, not vuewee.

by Anonymousreply 35October 15, 2024 12:23 AM

r35 It's vewy. We're both wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 15, 2024 12:29 AM

Fed up with these ignorant assholes. Die already.

by Anonymousreply 37October 15, 2024 12:39 AM

I wish Harris would announce she is bringing back mental asylums.

We need a place to put people like this "FEMA Hunter" because the Justice System won't keep them long enough for the safety of the populace. And he was yet another well known to law enforcement with priors.

"“At around 12:54 p.m. on Saturday, deputies got a report of a man with an assault rifle who made a comment about possibly harming FEMA workers providing Hurricane Helene disaster relief in the area of Lake Lure and Chimney Rock.”

He appears to be a Trump supporter with a criminal history of threats and other misdemeanors."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 15, 2024 12:53 AM

R32/R34 I thought the conspiracy was they were giving illegal immigrants the lions share while they got 'peanuts' (rich, given their stance on federal aid, and their elected officials voting AGAINST FEMAs support, something they don't believe actually happened).

by Anonymousreply 39October 15, 2024 12:59 AM

I just don’t get the end goal. They think the government is successfully going to steal peoples land and not give it back, once everything is cleaned up? It’s cause that shit is in their DNA so they fear it lol. Their great great grandfathers did that shit to black people back in the day and local government co-signed the shit.

by Anonymousreply 40October 15, 2024 1:06 AM

R40 everything they say is the fear/paranoia that results from projecting what they would want to do with power.

by Anonymousreply 41October 15, 2024 1:49 AM

You hysterical girls crack me up. It was one guy. You are all so entertainingly delusional.

WSJ:

Man Arrested for Allegedly Threatening to Harm FEMA Staffers in North Carolina The Rutherford County sheriff’s office says the man acted alone

by Anonymousreply 42October 15, 2024 2:30 AM

[quote]But burning down cities is all good, right R25?

r42, you bring a new meaning to the word retarded.

by Anonymousreply 43October 15, 2024 3:15 AM

R18: Senior-Lesbian, knowing that you have ridden through the region several times (from previous threads about the devastation in NC), I thought you might find this recent video by a geologist interesting. (and hopefully other DL-ers who are generally curious about "why things happen" will, too)

It's about the mountainsides & debris flows in the community of Garren Creek near Fairview, specifically, but really applies to many, if not all, of the affected towns in the region. He really gets into the weeds (so to speak) about topography, elevation changes, etc. that created the catastrophic damage.

The before & after satellite images of the mountainsides around Garren Creek, and the newly scoured ravines (where there used be little streams that even weren't visible under the tree canopy), are simply jaw-dropping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 15, 2024 7:34 AM

Mark Huneycutt also recently posted a video flying his paramotor over Chimney Rock....which shows what the geologist at R44 was talking about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 15, 2024 7:43 AM

R27, please accept this completely free F&F. May everyone who thinks this is unacceptable in our country be equally generous to you with their F&Fs, you Trump-loving piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 46October 15, 2024 9:00 AM

Trump Crazy

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2024 10:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!