Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Don't Panic!

Don't panic about the polls -- we ARE winning. The GOP is terrified.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2024 9:54 PM

Republicans can no longer win on the issues so they resort to stealing/cheating. It's that simple.

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2024 2:54 PM

Republicans create all these fake polls, so when Trump loses in November he has sufficient cause to whine and moan like a little baby that he was robbed once again. Then this allows Trump and his allies to once again wipe their collective asses with the US Constitution and start riots.

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2024 2:59 PM

What r2 said. They did the exact same thing for the midterms in 2022, except it's on steroids this time around because obviously more is at stake now. And no, this isn't a conspiracy, they've already successfully influenced the betting markets so as to make it appear like his victory is all but imminent.

Cannot fucking wait for this election to be over already.

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2024 3:08 PM

I'm not being a conspiracy theorist here, but how do we know if some of these Republican pollsters aren't just making things up? I doubt there's any oversight here. And we know that a lot of GQP are willing to break the law for Trump. Why would they honestly conduct polls? And everyone (especially the media) treats these polls like gospel.

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2024 3:13 PM

r4 They invariably dump their bogus polls immediately after a good poll comes out for Kamala, so it fucks with the aggregate. Just look at the pattern, it's like clockwork. They did the same thing in 2022 and the end result was nothing like what they were showing beforehand.

Their goal isn't to capture the actual state of the race or to get the end result right, it's to make Trump appear like he's tied with Kamala with the hope that it'll depress Dem turnout, make Trump's donors open their wallets some more because he's not seen as a lost case, and of course the big one already mentioned by r2.

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2024 3:20 PM

SLAP THEIR FACES VICIOUSLY!!!!

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2024 3:26 PM

I'm not panicking. The polls are the polls. In the same way that I would be celebrating if they were showing some kind of pending landslide on the horizon for Kamala, I have to deal with the reality that it appears this will be a photo-finish election. I'd much rather the polls show a tight race than some runaway race and then get slapped in the face on election night by reality.

What I'm mostly sad about is that half the country appears to no longer care if a candidate is a criminal or crazy and just says eff you to our laws, norms, and traditions.

I also think it's not very good that half the country doesn't seem to care about what this election means for women and women's healthcare. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2024 3:31 PM

R7 I think I only about 45-50% of people eligible to vote actually vote. So maga scum really account for 15-20% of the electorate. That fact made me feel a bit better about our country but I scare your sentiment.

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2024 4:51 PM

The fact is, the reputable polls do show a steady tightening of the race.

And why does the article leave out the fact that ABC News' 538 doesn't even include Rasmussen in its averages? 538 roots out what it sees as biased polls.

Nate Silver also excludes Rasmussen:

"Last update: 2 p.m., Monday, October 14. Mondays are often slow for polling, with most of the numbers released by Republican-leaning or explicitly GOP-partisan firms. And that was the case today, for instance. Rasmussen Reports has Trump leading by 3 points in Pennsylvania — and from another firm, that would be a strong number for him. But given Rasmussen’s house effect (and indeed explicit coordination with the Trump campaign), it’s in line with other polling showing the Keystone State as a tossup. Still, there’s been a slight upward trajectory for Trump in our forecast over the past week."

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2024 8:14 PM

Nothing would surprise me from the Trumptards.

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2024 8:48 PM

Your thread title made me think of that cheesy T-Shirt store in Weho on the corner of San Vicente and Santa Monica, the one that sold “I’m not a lesbian but my girlfriend is” t-shirts.

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2024 8:56 PM

I worry because there really are millions of idiots in this country and I'm afraid that asshole is actually going to win.

I have my eye on a nice apartment in Devon, UK.

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2024 9:09 PM

The reason you'd create fake polls is to fake election results.

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2024 9:31 PM

[quote] The fact is, the reputable polls do show a steady tightening of the race.

Exactly. It's not just the fake GOP polls that show the race is tightening. The reputable, non-partisan polls also show the race is tightening. Harris has clearly lost some of her edge in the past week or two. It doesn't do us any good to pretend that's not true.

One of the sites I check regularly is ElectoralVote.com, which uses only non-partisan state polls to make its predictions. As of today, they show Harris narrowly beating Trump in the Electoral College, 276-252. But it could go either way. They have Harris just 1 point ahead of Trump in Pennsylvania, which is likely to be the deciding state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2024 9:41 PM

I'm in Pennsylvania (Montgomery County, i.e. suburban Philadelphia).

A couple of weeks ago, I received my ballot in the mail. Both of the envelopes in which the ballot was to be mailed back were already glued shut. I tried opening them with a letter opener, but it looked like someone was tampering with the ballot. I then went to the Montgomery County voting office in my boro and I was told I could NOT get the envelopes replaced until I filled out a long form, had it notarized, then had it hand delivered to the County election office in Norristown. Once they investigated, then and only then would I get new envelopes.

I can't help but feel this was a deliberate plot to fuck up the elections (the head of PA elections is a Republican). I'm retired, but how many working people have the time (or inclination) to go through all this bullshit. Voting by mail was supposed to make voting easier, not more difficult.

The excuse being proffered by election officials is that the glue used on the envelopes reacted with the humid weather conditions. Bullshit. How many banks, credit card companies, department stores, etc. send out monthly bills with payment return envelopes and the glue doesn't melt them shut.

by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2024 9:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!