Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kubrick daughter goes full MAGA

Add another cunt to the pile...

TO THOSE WHO THINK MY FATHER WOULDN’T HAVE WANTED #TRUMP TO USE FMJ FOOTAGE

Here are my thoughts: I agree in principle that an anti-war movie is incongruous with promoting the idea of a tough non-woke US military and thus war itself - however - these are very dangerous and strange times and thus using this footage is doubtless pure expedience.

Because I’m sure the irony of using FMJ footage is not lost on Trump or his team - Trump is always seeking to end wars and use peaceful methods. However, that’s primarily what FMJ is about, the shocking and complicated paradoxes of human nature.

And thus, on this tooth and claw planet, you need a very strong military - so I’m going to stick with the idea that FMJ footage was used primarily because of its powerful, realistic portrayal of boot camp, juxtaposed with the entirely demoralizing and inappropriate injection of WOKE ideology into the USA military. Which I agree with myself and which I’m certain my father would have agreed with.

Truthfully, I believe my father (who supported Reagan), would very much approve of saving America, indeed the world, from the highly destructive Globalist forces threatening to take over this planet. And if that footage from FMJ helps Trump make the point that the US military needs properly trained, super tough, focused, dedicated warriors, and not introduce the demoralizing effects of woke-ism, and attracting people to join up simply to have their sexual reassignments paid for, then Trump has my blessing.

Finally, knowing my father very well, I can assure you he had a profound grasp of how paradoxical human nature is! Which accounts for how at the same time he made anti-war films, he had a great passion for guns (self-defense not hunting) and he had quite a few!

My father had a great respect for life - his movies being unimpeachable evidence of his love for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness! So on that basis, I feel very confident he would be a Trump supporter and would forgive using FMJ incongruously, if it helps the cause of freedom!

Capisce?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 14, 2024 4:35 PM

She sounds like Mooghan McCain--"My father, my father, my father..." Get a life, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2024 2:49 PM

[quote] I’m sure the irony of using FMJ footage is not lost on Trump or his team

Wow, is this woman a dummy. She thinks Trump perceives irony!

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2024 2:50 PM

She was very close to Tatum O’Neal as a kid

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2024 2:53 PM

Didn't this bitch try and start a GoFundMe for Shelley Duvall and keep the money herself?

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2024 2:58 PM

Not surprising, she was the Scientologist. She’s found another cult. Autistic people are naturally drawn to cults.

As far as Stanley Kubrick was concerned,

Kubrick really, really hated the United States and refused to return after moving to England in the 1960s. The Shining, Full Metal Jacket and Eyes Wide Shut were filmed entirely in England. It is unlikely he would have supported Reagan, whose jingoism was mocked in the Ullman character in The Shining.

Kubrick would have viewed MAGA as he did the space race, as a circus used as mind control by devilish elites. Kubrick may be best understood by what he opposed over what he supported.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2024 2:59 PM

She writes like a stupid soccer mom making a facebook post. Clearly didn’t inherit her father’s brains.

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2024 3:07 PM

Probably Trump would view the war-room in 'Dr Strangelove' as a scenario of documentary realism to be admired and emulated.

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2024 3:14 PM

She's entitled to her opinion and I'm entitled to think she's a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2024 3:15 PM

She’s been a Scientologist for decades.

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2024 3:20 PM

Purity of Eshenshe

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2024 3:23 PM

Oh look. Another Trump thread.

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2024 3:24 PM

Vivian is deep into Scientology and cut off her family ties more than twenty years ago, even shunning her sister's funeral. She's nuttier than a fruitcake and the last person qualified to speak on Stanley Kubrick's behalf.

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2024 4:14 PM

Forgot the link.

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2024 4:15 PM

Dammit to hell, it wasn't supposed to send yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2024 4:15 PM

Whatta cunt!

by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2024 4:17 PM

Isn't she a descendant of Veit Harlan? Looks like her nazi roots are starting to show.

by Anonymousreply 16October 14, 2024 4:24 PM

Wtf? Please tell me this bitch has a history of drug abuse or neurotic behavior. Something where she can be ridiculed. Stanley Kubrick is one of my favorite filmmakers; I’m sure he would not have been a Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 17October 14, 2024 4:29 PM

Thank you r5 and r12.

by Anonymousreply 18October 14, 2024 4:30 PM

OP, you felt the need to bring this to our attention because why?

by Anonymousreply 19October 14, 2024 4:31 PM

R19 Oh come on, Kubrick is bit of an icon around these parts. The Shining, Shelley Duvall, Eyes Wide Shut.

by Anonymousreply 20October 14, 2024 4:34 PM

Another clam dip thread?

by Anonymousreply 21October 14, 2024 4:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!