Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Primal Fear

Currently streaming on Amazon Prime, Primal Fear is one of the great legal thrillers. Richard Gere plays Martin Vail, one of Chicago's great defense attorneys. When a young altar boy (Edward Norton, in an Oscar nominated performance) brutally murders an Archbishop (Stanley Anderson), Vail is soon on the case that will change his life.

The rest of the ensemble include Laura Linney, Terry O'Quinn, Alfre Woodard, Steven Bauer, Frances McDormand, and John Mahoney.

8/10

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2024 2:02 AM

Love John Mahoney as the corrupt D.A.

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2024 1:18 AM

Oh, I need to rewatch this.

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2024 1:20 AM

R2 one of the best 1990's legal thrillers!

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2024 1:21 AM

On par with Presumed Innocent

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2024 1:21 AM

The best part was when they showed how Norton's character killed the guy.

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2024 1:25 AM

Edward Norton was amazing and went on to be just as amazing in American History X.

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2024 1:25 AM

I remember loving this when I saw it in high school, but I can't remember anything other than the ending. Gonna rewatch. Thanks for the reminder, OP!

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2024 1:27 AM

I think I'll rewatch too.

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2024 1:32 AM

The cast is perfect. Believable

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2024 1:37 AM

Plus you still wanted to eat Gere's ass.

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2024 1:39 AM

Great movie. Edward Norton’s first movie too. He’s so good in it.

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2024 1:54 AM

R11 I can't think of anyone bad in it, either! Norton and Gere are the standouts. Mahoney has always been a reliable character actor, too.

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2024 2:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!