Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

SNL 1986-1990 Cast

If not the best cast of SNL, I think it could be runner up.

Dana Carvey, Nora Dunn, Phil Hartman, Jan Hooks, Victoria Jackson, Jon Lovitz, and Dennis Miller at Weekend were older, drier, and funnier than the typical SNL cast.

Yet, they had some issues. Victoria Jackson once stood on a chair and called Nora a bitch, and Jan the Devil. Dana was aloof, Dennis was a recluse, Jon Lovitz fought with Lorne over movies, Kevin was Kevin, and Phil Hartman was the glue that held them all together.

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2024 3:55 PM

What does “Kevin was Kevin” mean? Was Kevin Nealon unpleasant?

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2024 12:45 AM

Jan Hooks and Phil Hartman were two of the most talented comedic actors of all time. They were both brilliant. They could have you laughing with just a facial expression.

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2024 12:58 AM

R1 No, just aloof and goofy and tall

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2024 1:07 AM

Phil Hartman. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2024 1:44 AM

I liked the original cast. My only complaint about the early years is Mr Bill. Not funny.

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2024 1:45 AM

Yes, they were a product of their comedy-style time, and the pop-culture era in which they grew up and honed their styles…but they had personality, charisma and a presence. This generation’s “comedians” who are today’s “SNL” castmembers are increasingly robotic, dull and zombielike, their DEI representations and appearance being their sole gimmicks.

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2024 1:59 AM

R6 Victoria Jackson, is that you? She hates DEI hires.

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2024 2:02 AM

I didn't realize it at the time (because I was a kid) but I had a massive crush on Kevin Nealon.

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2024 2:38 AM

It is a good cast

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2024 4:09 AM

[quote] Victoria Jackson once stood on a chair and called Nora a bitch, and Jan the Devil.

Jan mimicking Victoria Jackson calling her the Devil is pretty damn hilarious. From the Dennis Miller Show, 1992. (they get into it starting at about 1:35)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2024 5:16 AM

R10 That is pretty funny!

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2024 3:20 PM

Mike Myers’s was funny, too. I loved the Wayne and Garth skits.

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2024 3:54 PM

**Myers. Thanks, autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2024 3:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!