Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Blue Wall is Fortifying Itself

Trump is toast. Abortion and the economy. Suburban women are mad as hell. The election has already begun. And based on early data, we are winning!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2024 8:21 PM

Doesn't early voting always favor Democrats?

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2024 1:53 AM

Always? Nope. Since 2020 yes

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2024 2:27 AM

I just happen to have a doctor's appointment this week and I'm going to ask for something for anxiety. I picked the wrong time to take a 30-day break from alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2024 2:34 AM

R3, you picked the right time to take a 30-day break from alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2024 2:37 AM

Why, r4? So I can be hyper-aware that Trump might win this?

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2024 2:44 AM

Early voting in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan will be Trump's undoing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2024 1:46 AM

R6 Link doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2024 1:47 AM

Y'all who keep posting about early voting here tonight are putting way too much stock in it. So Democrats vote early, Republicans vote later, and what's the difference?

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2024 1:48 AM

Dropping off my swing state ballot tomorrow. Locked and loaded (into the envelope).

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2024 1:50 AM

Voting early is a vote the candidate doesn't have to worry about chasing come Election Day. That vote is in the bag

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2024 1:52 AM

I have around 10 nieces and nephews in Western Michigan. Plus, they owe me cuz they didn't get me anything for Christmas. I'm gonna guilt-trip them into early voting for VPK.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2024 1:55 AM

Day by day, with the way Trump is acting, I'm convinced he doesn't care about the votes. I think he has people in place in the swing states that are going to rig the election for him no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2024 3:14 AM

He can't lose. He's going to try every trick in the book to not lose. Beware.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2024 3:24 AM

He can lose, as 2020 proved. Let's hope history repeats itself.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2024 3:27 AM

Voting early means bad weather, traffic jams, maggot road blocks or shit fits, late work meetings and “oh, I forgot” aren’t happening.

That vote is in the bank.

If it snows in rural Pennsylvania on Election Day, how many of them will be able to get to the polls in time? How many will just not go? Especially if they aren’t regular voters?

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2024 4:02 AM

Okay, that makes more sense than just "early votes are Democrat votes, yay," which is what previous posts said.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2024 4:57 AM

[quote] I think he has people in place in the swing states that are going to rig the election for him no matter what.

With Democrats in control of the election apparatus in most of the swing states, I'm doubtful that the Trump forces will be successful.

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2024 11:14 AM

I think the polls showing things tied are not accurate. Because a lot of these suburban women are going to vote Blue this time even though they’re not saying it publicly and because their husbands may be Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2024 11:18 AM

Hard to know what this means for the final result, though. Trump’s cult does what he says, and he’s spent the past several years demonizing early voting and mail-in voting. The vast majority of them will vote in person and only on November 5.

What’s funny is that more recently his handlers finally got through to him about this, and now he’s flip flopped and is urging his followers to vote early and by mail.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2024 11:25 AM

I seem to remember Josh saying in "The West Wing" that diehards and Democrats vote early.

For what it's worth.

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2024 11:28 AM

[quote]Day by day, with the way Trump is acting, I'm convinced he doesn't care about the votes.

I don't think that's true at all. I think he's trying to wring every last vote out of the ignorant, resentful and fearful, knowing how huge that population is in America.

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2024 11:55 AM

[quote] I think the polls showing things tied are not accurate. Because a lot of these suburban women are going to vote Blue this time even though they’re not saying it publicly and because their husbands may be Republicans.

Early voting may not produce the results we want. If these women are afraid to state their preferences out loud, they may similarly be leery about voting for Harris when filling out their ballots in the presence of their husbands.

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2024 11:57 AM

If you watch the whole clip, the guy is not saying "more Democrats are voting early than Republicans". He is looking at changes in overall turnout in different counties, and also divergences from the predictive models he normally uses. He's mostly interested in how Democrats are going in counties that are usually pro-Democrat, and the gist is that so far turnout is up and the Dems are polling more strongly than he would have expected in those seats. It's extremely early days, obviously, but that's the kind of algorithm he's using.

He even points out that Michigan has made electoral changes that make it easier to vote early, so he's factoring that in. One of his key points is that turnout in Philadelphia has been dropping like a stone for the last five or so elections, but on these early figures that seems to be reversing. If that trend continues it's unexpectedly good news for the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2024 1:50 PM

White women make up the plurality of the electorate and they Are with Harris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2024 8:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!