Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Reminder that no one hates each other more than two cats who have just met

I haven’t seen such a look of hate in ones eyes since that Brazilian drag queen who lost the pageant went to snatch the winner’s wig.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2024 11:10 PM

Cat’s eyes don’t really express emotion. My cat always looks angry to me. Even when she’s purring.

by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2024 2:37 PM

Terrifying

by Anonymousreply 2October 12, 2024 2:38 PM

Bless your heart, R1.

That cat in the link is one bad hombre.

by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2024 2:44 PM

I think he’s from Special Ops, sent in to rescue hostage cat from that hellhole.

by Anonymousreply 4October 12, 2024 2:46 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 12, 2024 2:48 PM

You know he’s hostile from his behavior. If he were friendly, his face would look the same.

by Anonymousreply 6October 12, 2024 2:51 PM

This is so true - I remember my first day on 'The View' meeting Sunny for the very first time.

by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2024 3:05 PM

Omg you are so right, OP!

5 or 6 years ago I saw two pretty black cats (one from our street, the other from one street over) get into a Mexican Standoff in the huge vacant lot across my street.

They saw each other and immediately started YOWLING and doing that thing cats do when they're about to fight: the weird sideways hop-step toward each other, heads turned sideways, almost butting, eyes averted.

Then came the best cat fight I have ever seen. I'm describing it in detail because I want you to picture it.

The lot was low on the southeast side and all the rain collected there, making a huge pool along the fenceline. But the cats didn't see it because they were fighting, trading blows, their cries of hatred sounding like a freaked-out woman. Then, SPLOOSH-- they collided with the pooled water pit--and that's when it became epic.

Instead of fleeing when they hit that deep pool, they fought more viciously, water flying three feet in the air. Those cats leaped, twisted, rolled on their backs in the sodden mud. DL, it looked like a Busby Berkeley Meets Alexis and Krystle production. Muddy water was flying up in slow motion; the cats, now caked in wet mud, jumped and rolled in slow motion. It was GLORIOUS, and went on for TEN fucking minutes, my cats and I watching transfixed.

The fight was a draw. I never saw either of those cats again. How I wished I'd had my phone on me to film it.

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2024 3:17 PM

2 aggressive dogs

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2024 3:19 PM

I had a friend who got in between two cats who were strangers. HES DEAD NOW.

No, he’s actually dead.

He tried to stop his house cat and a newly introduced cat from fighting. His arm got badly cut up by the new cat. He bandaged it up but started feeling ill the next day. He tried to tough it out but instead got much worse.

He was hospitalized and they determined they needed to amputate his arm. This went very poorly. He was extremely depressed and apparently the amputation was too late to stop the infection from spreading. He actually seemed like he was going to pull through after the amputation but then took a turn for the worse and died.

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2024 3:28 PM

Two felines brilliantly performing a famous scene from 'The Shining'. (Cat Nicholson is specially effective.)

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2024 3:49 PM

Daaaaaaaaaammmmmmmnnnnn, R10, that is HORRIFIC!

Years ago my older (early 70s) coworker got between his cat and a stranger cat... and was IMMEDIATELY attacked by both cats.

Like your friend, Coworker cleaned his wounds and tried to tough it out. Next thing we know our department head sent out an email blast asking us to thoughts and prayers for Coworker, who was was in the ICU on life support. His wife told the dept head what'd happened, and the doctors said it was a bad case of cat scratch fever.

Everyone thought he was a goner, but his arrogant ass pulled through, eventually returned to work, and lived 5 more years before dying of unrelated heart disease.

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2024 3:54 PM

[quote] Years ago my older (early 70s) coworker got between his cat and a stranger cat

If your older coworker is in his 70s, then what are you, 90?

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2024 3:58 PM

The person taking the photo really needs to tell his mom that his basement needs cleaning and the window needs to be closed.

Even with the stink the way it is.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2024 3:59 PM

They say that if you get scratched, immediately seek antibiotic treatment. A simple trip to the doctor or death. Those could be your choices, why take the chance?

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2024 5:34 PM

Better an angry cat than an angry pussy I always say.

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2024 5:37 PM

It goes beyond 'just met' - it can last for eight years. I should know - I worked with Sharon Osborne for that long and we hated each other.

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2024 6:46 PM

Evangelicals and the rest of Humanity

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2024 8:49 PM

That's why I don't like cats that much.

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2024 9:59 PM

I respect domesticated cats because I assume they're all schizophrenic and see visions.

Unfortunately, they have no interest in sharing them.

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2024 10:12 PM

Not a dollface thread.

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2024 10:27 PM

Cheryl forgot to sign her post (@R16).

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2024 10:44 PM

Maulface thread. Obviously.

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2024 11:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!