Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kamala should have picked Shapiro for veep

Pennsylvania is for worrisome. It looks like it could go red.

by Anonymousreply 50October 13, 2024 8:28 PM

Well she didn't. So deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2024 11:40 AM

Stop it OP/Alexei.

by Anonymousreply 2October 12, 2024 12:15 PM

OP = Zionist loon

by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2024 12:31 PM

I realize this will be a precision electoral college battle but think Walz generates more broad support. Win PA and lose others?

by Anonymousreply 4October 12, 2024 12:46 PM

Shapiro is stumping for Harris, so there is that

by Anonymousreply 5October 12, 2024 1:10 PM

The anti-Semitic left wingers would have a meltdown had Shapiro been selected.

by Anonymousreply 6October 12, 2024 3:02 PM

There were stories that he gave a lackluster interview for the job and that he didn’t inspire confidence that he could be a supporting team player. And fairly or not, as r6 points out, he would have dragged the ticket down.

by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2024 3:16 PM

So they would have lost some anti Zionist votes. Who cares? Eventually those voters would have turned out for Kamala. I get why she and Hillary picked beta guys as VP. But why not pick an alpha type who can bring the red meat? Anyway, the choice was made and fingers crossed it works.

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2024 3:40 PM

Fuck, no -- I watched Shapiro introduce Obama in Pittsburgh on YouTube, and he came off like a complete asshole. Since I never really heard him speak before, I was shocked and disappointed.

Walz was the right choice. What's not to love?

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2024 3:47 PM

Walz come across as a little goofy. If not Shapiro, maybe she should have gone with the Arizona Senator. That’s another state she needs help with. Minnesota was never I doubt.

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2024 3:54 PM

The way Shapiro imitates Obama in the sound and cadence of his speech is unnerving. Still, he has elevated his national profile and at just 50 he has years of rock solid Dem support ahead of him for whatever he wants to do. Walz is a good choice for VP in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2024 4:36 PM

Shapiro is better as a surrogate than on the ticket. He's basically a copy of her - an aggressive prosecutor from the other coast. She needed to diversify the ticket with a folksy midwesterner like Walz.

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2024 4:45 PM

There will be a lot of time after the election to do a post-mortem, and a lot of things besides this one that were huge mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2024 5:06 PM

R10, Arizona Senator = too ugly

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2024 5:34 PM

Kamala made the right choice with Walz.

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2024 5:40 PM

R13 Such as?

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2024 5:42 PM

[quote]Kamala made the right choice with Walz.

It's about three and a half weeks before anyone can tell if that is true or not.

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2024 5:44 PM

I'm voting for Harris. But I can't see Walz ever stepping up to be a strong POTUS if he needs to. He seems like a hick. I can't see him interacting with world leaders as an equal.

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2024 5:51 PM

[quote] It's about three and a half weeks before anyone can tell if that is true or not.

I highly doubt here pick for VP is going to move her to the win or lose column.

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2024 5:51 PM

I hope Shapiro campaigns hard for the Democrats. He’s an absolute gem 💎!

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2024 5:53 PM

Walz was a way better choice. The conspiracy freaks in the far right were already going nuts with Shapiro's supposed involvement in the Ellen Greenberg murder case + the fact that he said years ago that Palestinians were incapable of peace.

Go do some phone banking for the campaign or something useful. Trump is a fascist and we must win.

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2024 5:59 PM

In the past 80 YEARS only THREE VPs have been promoted when something happened to the president. So the only duty a VP/VP candidate has is to be a good campaigner and compliment the top of the ticket. I never would have picked him, but Walz does the job expertly.

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2024 6:03 PM

More people can relate to Walz than Shapiro, and I honestly think that he and Kamala make a better team.

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2024 6:04 PM

R12 is right.

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2024 6:05 PM

Walz was a much smarter choice. She made a wise move. Kamala is smarter than she is given credit for.

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2024 6:05 PM

I can see Shapiro and Kamala getting into disagreements over things.

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2024 6:07 PM

[QUOTE] Arizona Senator = too ugly

Senator Mark Kelly is not that bad, is he? Cut him some slack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2024 6:08 PM

VEEP picks never help, but they can hurt. I don't think Walz is hurting the campaign and simply for the fact that he makes her seem younger and more competent

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2024 6:13 PM

R27, that is who I always think of when I see Kelly. Always. I can't believe people were seriously telling Kamala to choose him! If this was the pre-60s, she could get away with that but, hello, we have freaking tv and the internet now!

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2024 6:14 PM

[quote] and a lot of things besides this one that were huge mistakes.

I'm curious, too. I can't think of any huge mistakes she's made; the only mistake I've seen so far is that when she was asked and given the opportunity to distance herself from Joe on [italic]The View,[/italic] she passed. I understand why, but at the same time it is a concern for many and she could have easily used it as an opportunity to point out that they had the immense task of righting the ship after Shitler so fucked it up, explain that they spent the first two years leading us out of the pandemic and rescuing not just our economy but the worldwide economy. And she clearly does have some differences; the first-time home buyer assistance, a plan to build 3 million homes, and in particular, expansion of Medicare to cover home-based care for elders.

by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2024 6:16 PM

As a PAnian, Shapiro just got here. We'll keep him for a while thank you very much. He's got a lot of shelf life if higher office is in his future

by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2024 6:17 PM

F&F this shit and VOTE.

DON'T give reason for losing BEFORE the election Boris, Ivan and Evgeny.

by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2024 6:18 PM

More hairs on head is better!

by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2024 6:23 PM

[quote]I can't think of any huge mistakes she's made

The mistakes by the Democrats didn't start with her. The mistakes include handing Biden the nomination instead of preparing a suitable candidate for 2024.

by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2024 6:56 PM

[quote]The way Shapiro imitates Obama in the sound and cadence of his speech is unnerving

Especially as a white guy, the blaccent he incorporates makes it even more unnerving and borderline racist… he’s got to find his own style, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2024 7:00 PM

R31 Thank you. My question all along, if you've got a new well-liked governor who's working hard and doing good, why would you want to up and send him to DC, especially as VP? I'd suspect that could actually lose them votes.

by Anonymousreply 36October 12, 2024 7:03 PM

The ONLY party to be blamed for Trump is the America voters!

What on earth makes them so compelled by this moronic, criminal rapist asshole Trump! If America cannot value itself, it is ridiculous to blame anyone else!

by Anonymousreply 37October 12, 2024 7:08 PM

[Quote] The left wingers not in the ziono cult would have a meltdown had Shapiro been selected.

FTFY and…no we wouldn’t have.

by Anonymousreply 38October 12, 2024 7:12 PM

r36, totally.

by Anonymousreply 39October 12, 2024 7:47 PM

R35 It’s fkin hot. I want him to cum in my mouth with him talking like that.

by Anonymousreply 40October 12, 2024 7:49 PM

Serious question R40: are you Josh Shapiro?

by Anonymousreply 41October 12, 2024 7:54 PM

[quote]It looks like it could go red.

That’s why it’s a swing state. It could go either way. It went blue in 2012, red in 2016, and blue in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 42October 12, 2024 7:58 PM

I hope not R41. I don't like to think I've got Shapiro on block.

by Anonymousreply 43October 12, 2024 8:09 PM

R16 the “English” alone is so bad that it’s a troll giveaway.

by Anonymousreply 44October 12, 2024 10:13 PM

r324, go the fuck away and look how much Carter enjoyed winning the nomination from debauched Teddy Kennedy.

Also, what ever happened to his bone cancer, amputee son?

by Anonymousreply 45October 12, 2024 10:17 PM

R45 can see INTO THE FUTURE

by Anonymousreply 46October 12, 2024 11:01 PM

Shapiro is an extremist who should move to Israel. That’s his most pressing issue. He’s a corrupt phony asshole.

by Anonymousreply 47October 12, 2024 11:27 PM

I'm surprised we haven't seen more of Stephanie Gresham. Wasn't she at the convention? She's got all the deep deep dirt on Trump, and Melania as well.

by Anonymousreply 48October 13, 2024 8:23 PM

OP is also:

*I'm not voting.*

[quote]If it comes down to one vote blame me.

by Anonymousreply 49October 13, 2024 8:26 PM

r34 is also:

*I am afraid Trump might win*

[quote]Is that even possible for a devout MSNBC viewer to admit that MSNBC is the Fox News of the Left? They would be like a unicorn, right?

by Anonymousreply 50October 13, 2024 8:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!