Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Biden trying to sabotage Harris' campaign?

I think he's still clearly bitter about being forced out...

He has barely done anything to help her it seems

by Anonymousreply 62October 12, 2024 4:41 PM

If true I wish he go somewhere and sit his old ass down. Go smoke a L with Hunter or something.

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2024 10:50 PM

The guy was pushed out I think he has been damn gracious about it.

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2024 10:50 PM

Biden is not a popular figure, OP. The less that he does for Harris, the better for her.

He's doing the right thing by focusing on finishing his final months as president.

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2024 10:51 PM

Jill Biden is campaigning for Harris next week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2024 10:54 PM

I think he is wise to not overshadow her at this point.

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2024 11:00 PM

Harris made a big stink about DeSantis refusing to speak with her about the hurricane, not cooperating and making it political

Not how Biden puts her in her place:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2024 11:22 PM

^ Note how

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2024 11:22 PM

He wasn't pushed out he shit the bed at the worst possible moment. He should have pulled a LBJ and resigned earlier and allow a full primary. Fuck him, even when Kamala wins.

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2024 3:42 AM

He didn't want a second term. The plan all along was to to hand the baton to Kamala. It has been handled brilliantly. She will win, but she has to overcome hackers, deniers, courts, liars and FOX News to get to inauguration day.

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2024 4:15 AM

[quote]He didn't want a second term. The plan all along was to to hand the baton to Kamala.

Link please to this "plan"

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2024 4:30 AM

R10 There won’t be one. It’s just positive thinking from democrats who know damn well this mafucker should have announced this would be his only term like he said so back in 2020. He knows his mind ain’t what it used to be. Still worked out pretty well…unless she loses.

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2024 4:33 AM

[quote] It’s just positive thinking from democrats

And their attempt to rewrite history.

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2024 5:09 AM

Joe is last year’s news. No one gives a shit about him now. He is just the old close call that was avoided,

is the OP the Harris Is Not Popular Troll?

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2024 5:19 AM

He seems like he's pissed and trying to trip her up in a passive-aggressive way.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2024 5:50 AM

Joe who?

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2024 5:51 AM

OP is clueless if you think Biden appearing more often at campaign events with Harris would be helpful. Do you want to lose?!

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2024 5:53 AM

Uh...hello...Biden has a day job.

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2024 5:59 AM

R14 what makes your post so important to read is the specific examples you used to show exactly how Joe is being passive aggressive. Fucking Joe

Great post

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2024 6:00 AM

Ok JD, op, get off the gay spaces. Joe loves her and did a wonderful selfless act by stepping aside. This BS isn't working. The orange 💩 is trying to make it a thing but it's not. What states COVID machines did you send to Putin you cunt you?

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2024 6:01 AM

[quote]Joe loves her and did a wonderful selfless act by stepping aside.

No matter how many times you repeat that, it's not gonna make it true.

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2024 6:16 AM

He didn't have to endorse her.

Or did he do that to get revenge on Nancy Pelosi who did the lion's share of pushing him out - and she was making sounds like she wanted an open convention before the pieces started falling in place for Kamala, especially Joe's endorsement.

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2024 6:21 AM

R21. “He didn’t have to endorse her” :-)

Of course he could have had no pic Harris or Trump to replace him. And it’s not like “who do you support”, would be the one and only question reporters would ever ask him——along as he is alive. Which may not be a long time in human or dog years but it would be his lasting Democratic Legacy his refusal to endorse Harris.

I bet you are a political insider?

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2024 9:41 AM

Yes, Joe Biden the most despised president in polling history will help Kamala on the campaign trail where he can have non-stop demented moments in front of crowds and cameras. Are you crazy?! She’s trying to distance herself from his administration. Biden helps Trump.

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2024 10:19 AM

[quote]Note how Biden puts her in her place

Except, of course, he doesn't.

He refers to the excellent job his team is doing, which is undeniably true. Also undeniably true is that Kamala is a part of that team.

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2024 10:35 AM

[quote]Yes, Joe Biden the most despised president in polling history will help Kamala on the campaign trail where he can have non-stop demented moments in front of crowds and cameras. Are you crazy?! She’s trying to distance herself from his administration. Biden helps Trump.

Agreed; while it's not fair, he is very unpopular & she's better of distancing herself from him as a "fresh start" (or whatever) rather than "a continuation of more of the same". He's probably better served dealing Netanyahu to prevent him from starting a wider war (that no one but Putin wants)

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2024 11:11 AM

It took Obama awhile to proclaim for Harris. Book written several years ago said Obama is against interracial marriage.

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2024 11:19 AM

Obama still has IT. I don’t think anyone comes to close to his charisma. Bill Clinton had that.

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2024 11:30 AM

Are some of you people nuts?!

First of all, genius at r26, Obama's own parents......

Secondly, Jared K. at r23, in what world is Joseph R. Biden a more "despised" President than, say, TRUMP?!

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2024 11:32 AM

"She can go fuck herself"

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2024 11:46 AM

In a word: No.

What should Biden do if he wants to help? Pretty much what he’s been doing, staying out of the way and offering praise for her when asked what he thinks. His decline is as real as Trump’s and there will likely be no more full length 1:1 Biden interviews ever again.

by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2024 11:52 AM

“ He didn't have to endorse her. Or did he do that to get revenge on Nancy Pelosi who did the lion's share of pushing him out - and she was making sounds like she wanted an open convention before the pieces started falling in place for Kamala, especially Joe's endorsement”

Revenge is putting it too strongly I think, but it’s clear he wanted to stay in control and be our nominee. My take is that he’s old enough to remember the dysfunctional 1980 convention when Teddy Kennedy openly challenged Jimmy Carter for the nomination. And so if Biden could not be the nominee, he at least wanted to control the outcome and give Harris the nomination by simply declaring it. That’s a power move. Most powerful thing he did all year. And yes they actually respect one another.. if there’s bad blood it’s Biden vs Pelosi and possibly Biden vs Obama. He and Kamala Harris are good.

by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2024 11:59 AM

[wuote] Secondly, Jared K. at [R23], in what world is Joseph R. Biden a more "despised" President than, say, TRUMP?!

His approval rating is the lowest in history for any president. If you don’t want to use the word despise, fine - Americans dislike him bigly.

by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2024 12:01 PM

[quote] Secondly, Jared K. at [R23], in what world is Joseph R. Biden a more "despised" President than, say, TRUMP?!

His approval rating is the lowest in history for any president. If you don’t want to use the word despise, fine - Americans dislike him bigly.

by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2024 12:02 PM

Of all the theories on the thread, I could buy that Biden, when he decided to go, decided to go to thwart Pelosi. The sudden announcement on a Sunday, the secrecy from virtually his entire staff, the unequivocal endorsement of Harris... he effectively precluded an open convention by setting the stage for a showdown that nobody was certain the party could survive. He may not be quick on his feet anymore but he's played the game for fifty years... he got his revenge on Pelosi for her role in his downfall.

by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2024 12:04 PM

The polling will return to a fair place once MAGA is broken, whenever that is.

For now, he isn't much help in consideration of the facts. It isn't fair, but politics is neither fair nor rational and he would know that.

The one thing I could see him doing is a quick interview or media access where he essentially floats: "the polls said too many people thought I was past it... look at this guy. And I'm nuts?" It's a good little soundbite.

by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2024 12:07 PM

I think Biden has noticeably declined just in the last six months. He held on as long as he could but can you imagine the nightmare if he was still the candidate? He just needs to keep it together until January and prevent backsplash on Harris.

by Anonymousreply 36October 12, 2024 12:12 PM

I love him, I backed him as the answer when you lot were screaming for Pete and Warren, but the idea of him in the job one year and two years and three and four years hence... unimaginable in any way that lets you sleep well. No one over 75 should try for that job. It's just not practical.

by Anonymousreply 37October 12, 2024 12:17 PM

And let me add if you're so good we should elect you at 80, why the hell didn't we elect you at 60?

by Anonymousreply 38October 12, 2024 12:18 PM

R36, his brain was out to lunch for years. Centrists were totally delusional about him.

by Anonymousreply 39October 12, 2024 12:29 PM

Centrists had to face the truth when Biden hit the debate stage. It was hilarious seeing them having to finally face reality - reality that was here for the rest of us for 4 freaking years.

by Anonymousreply 40October 12, 2024 12:30 PM

R21 The optics would have looked ten times worse had he not endorsed her.

R31 None of them are tight with each other. Some of you really need to stop parroting the PR puff pieces that are put out there every election season. It’s a job at the end of the day to all of them. Biden endorsed her because there was no choice. The alternative would have a guaranteed a Trump victory. But theres none of the friendliness and collaboration that he had with Obama, which was a professional working relationship at best.

by Anonymousreply 41October 12, 2024 12:35 PM

[quote] The guy was pushed out I think he has been damn gracious about it.

By pushed out I assume you mean finally convinced by his party that his bizarre, selfish, stupid dream of being president in his late 80s would lead to disaster and humiliation for him?

by Anonymousreply 42October 12, 2024 12:45 PM

R41 Woodward's book suggests otherwise. There seems to be much friendliness and collaboration and professional respect between Harris and Biden.

by Anonymousreply 43October 12, 2024 12:50 PM

Thanks R43. I didn’t mean at R31 that they’re deeply attached besties. I meant there’s a decent and good working relationship and not bad blood.

by Anonymousreply 44October 12, 2024 12:53 PM

From the NYT review of Woodward:

[quote] Harris comes off well in her cameos. She asks diligent questions in the Situation Room. In phone calls with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, she plays the heavy, asking him about civilian casualties in Gaza.

[quote] The most revealing Harris moment comes toward the end of the book. One of Biden’s friends asks her, “Could you please talk to the president more than you talk to him? Your president really loves you.” Her boss’s biggest disappointment was that she didn’t write, she didn’t call. In response to the friend’s plea, Harris joked about her strongest bond with the president: “He knows that I’m the only person around who knows how to properly pronounce the word motherfucker.” It’s a genuinely funny exchange, and telling in its way.

by Anonymousreply 45October 12, 2024 1:11 PM

[quote] I think Biden has noticeably declined just in the last six months. He held on as long as he could but can you imagine the nightmare if he was still the candidate? He just needs to keep it together until January and prevent backsplash on Harris.

January? That’s optimistic. He needs to avoid doing something too bizarre between now and November 5. It would be better for Harris if he could hold it together until the end of his term, but more will come out about his condition eventually so there will be ongoing backlash no matter what. But 100% agree that it would be better for Harris’s presidency if it trickled out vs. an incident prior to the beginning of her term.

Biden doesn’t have the ability to sabotage Harris’s campaign. Worst case, he tries too hard and Harris has to fight back by admitting that there are issues and throw a few more people under the bus and promise to clean house and undergo cognitive screening every 12 months. She’d lose a lot of support within her party, but it would win over some undecideds, motivate some potential non-voters who are utterly disgusted with both parties. But she could only do that in response to overt aggression on his part. If he just starts singing Jimmy Crack Corn and eating mashed potatoes with his hands at a state dinner, Harris is screwed.

I think Harris is good if there are no big unpredictable events. Biden needs to get sick, soon. Stay out of sight. Or if he’s too selfish to fake it, Jill could get sick with something that requires surgery and an extended recovery. So he needs to be at her side every second his razor sharp mind isn’t focused on running the country.

by Anonymousreply 46October 12, 2024 1:17 PM

Yes OP, I'm sure Pres. Biden sits in his bed at night dreaming of how he can fuck it up for Harris and insure that Trump gets back in the White House.

DO YOU EVEN THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE?!!!

by Anonymousreply 47October 12, 2024 1:18 PM

She's doing that all by herself. The democratic elites choose her not the delegates at the democratic convention and she really does not want to be president. She probably will be relieved if she loses. On the other hand I think Trump was surprised when he won the election in 2016 and did not really want to be president either.

by Anonymousreply 48October 12, 2024 1:20 PM

And I suspect you really don't want to be r48, r48.

by Anonymousreply 49October 12, 2024 1:25 PM

R47- Biden is too senile to do anything to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 50October 12, 2024 1:33 PM

I love that people like R48 are clinging to 'oooh spooky Dem elites' when the legacy media has published many articles that give a detailed breakdown of 'the switch'. Those articles actually provide a little tidbit that Trump supporters like R48 could use and I'm v surprised that our resident trolls haven't mentioned it at all. I guess they haven't found it because they spend all their time on X, Fox and TruthSocial.

by Anonymousreply 51October 12, 2024 1:34 PM

R9 you have insider information?

by Anonymousreply 52October 12, 2024 1:39 PM

[quote]Is Biden trying to sabotage Harris' campaign?

No, he is not trying to sabotage the Harris campaign.

How do you feel about Harris?

by Anonymousreply 53October 12, 2024 1:39 PM

The jobs done by Merrick Garland and Alejandro Mayorkas didn’t serve Biden well.

by Anonymousreply 54October 12, 2024 2:02 PM

gingrich has been spewing that shit out this week

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 12, 2024 2:20 PM

R51- Just because I can't stand Biden or Kamala does not mean I'm a Republican. I have not voted in a presidential election since 2012. I voted for Obama- all he did after the financial collapse was bail out the banks and the insurance companies and allowed millions of people to lose their homes to foreclosure. I realized then that the Democrats are just as corrupt as the Republicans and both parties cater to the corporations and the military.

by Anonymousreply 56October 12, 2024 2:54 PM

[quote]I realized then that the Democrats are just as corrupt as the Republicans and both parties cater to the corporations and the military.

This is what incredibly stupid people say when they pretend to be intelligent. Your sense of nihilistic disenchantment doesn't make you more aware than anyone else.

It makes you a total fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 57October 12, 2024 3:05 PM

[quote] I have not voted in a presidential election since 2012

Oh, honey! We worry.

by Anonymousreply 58October 12, 2024 3:07 PM

Stir it up, little troll 🧌, stir it up

by Anonymousreply 59October 12, 2024 3:21 PM

[quote]Except, of course, he doesn't.

You're wrong. He does.

He completely destroys her argument.

by Anonymousreply 60October 12, 2024 3:25 PM

R26 no shit you heard that was in a book? Did Obama tell his mom and dad he was against interracial marriage? I also heard that Obama was born in Africa.

by Anonymousreply 61October 12, 2024 4:30 PM

[quote] Just because I can't stand Biden or Kamala does not mean I'm a Republican.

No, but if you don't vote for Harris, it means you are a defacto trump supporter.

[quote]I have not voted in a presidential election since 2012.

Incorrect, by not voting you DID vote for Donald Fucking Trump twice. Own that.

[quote] I realized then that the Democrats are just as corrupt as the Republicans and both parties cater to the corporations and the military.

You may have told yourself that, but it is a documented lie and that doesn't justify voting for trump

by Anonymousreply 62October 12, 2024 4:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!