Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Barbra and the "Emotion" album

Released forty years ago this month, it marks the end of her mainstream top 40 pop/rock phase (although she did briefly come back to it for Till I Loved You)

Two videos were released to MTV (and were surprisingly played regularly on the network) Yet there was no video for the second single, a duet with Kim Carnes.

Thoughts? I don't think the album was too bad, and it was nice to see her actually attempt to make music videos, unlike her future ones, where she just stood in a studio and sang.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2024 12:29 AM

"Emotion?" I'm still "Wet!"

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2024 9:39 PM

Add this to your Wet thread.

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2024 9:40 PM

The end of mainstream? It still contains the same old dreck.

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2024 9:40 PM

Same shit different day

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2024 9:52 PM

Never ever saw her videos on MTV

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2024 9:53 PM

The single and video for Emotion are Frautastic!

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2024 9:53 PM

Pure feces not fantastic in any way

R6 needs an enema

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2024 9:57 PM

Why does OP post threads like this for every old Streisand album? Is the DL now Streisand Central?

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2024 9:59 PM

R8 I suspect it’s the Joyce DeWitt nitwit

by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2024 10:00 PM

I’m a Jim Steinman whore so I love Left In The Dark. The video is a hoot - I can’t get past Babs taking a big drag off her cigarette mid-verse as she stares down Kristofferson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2024 10:42 PM

ENOUGH!

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2024 12:27 AM

R11 Enough is Enough I can’t go on no more…

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2024 12:29 AM

I think this is the album that she says on page 12,392 that she has no recollection of recording.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2024 12:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!