Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Slurring Trump Rambles Aimlessly About ‘Biden Circles’ and Trashes Detroit During Speech in… Detroit | Video

Donald Trump, who appeared weak-voiced and exhausted, meandered for several minutes while speaking at the Detroit Economic Club, at one point even insulting the city itself while implying that the alleged bad things about it will go national should he lose the election.

“The whole country will be like — you want to know the truth? It’ll be like Detroit. Our whole country will end up being like Detroit if she’s your president,” Trump said, referring to Democratic candidate Kamala Harris.

Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan tweeted in response to Trump’s speech, “Detroit just hosted the largest NFL Draft in history, the Tigers are back in the playoffs, the Lions are headed to the Super Bowl, crime is down and our population is growing. Lots of cities should be like Detroit. And we did it all without Trump’s help.”

Though the city has an embattled history, city and state leaders have touted the revitalization of downtown, and the city’s population rose for the first time in more than 60 years this year.

Elsewhere in his speech, Trump seemed focused on companies “leaving wherever they may be located” before he referenced “things were coming cylinders, no wings, no nothing, and they’re coming down very slowly, landing on a raft in the middle of the ocean someplace with a circle boom” that “reminded me of the Biden circles that he used to have.”

In a clip shared on X, formerly Twitter, Trump said in full, “Many countries, they do that, and then all of a sudden you hear that they’re leaving Milwaukee, or they’re leaving wherever they may be located. It’s very sad to see it… and it’s so simple. I mean, you know, this isn’t like Elon with his rocket ships that land within 12 inches on the moon where they wanted to land, or he gets the engines back.”

“That was the first I realized. I said, ‘Who the hell did that?’ I saw engines about three, four years ago. These things were coming — cylinders, no wings, no nothing, and they’re coming down very slowly, landing on a raft in the middle of the ocean someplace with a circle, boom.”

“Reminded me of the Biden circles that he used to have, right? He’d have eight circles, and he couldn’t fill them up. But then I heard he beat us with the popular vote. I don’t know. I don’t know. Couldn’t fill up the eight circles. I always loved those circles. They were so beautiful. It was so beautiful to look at. In fact, the person that did that was the best thing about… that level of that circle was great, but they couldn’t get people.”

“So they used to have the press stand in those circles because they couldn’t get the people. Then I heard we lost. Oh, we lost. Now we’re never going to let that happen again, but we’ve been abused by other countries. We’ve been abused by our own politicians, really more than other countries.”

Trump’s recent speeches have often been lengthy and rambling, with the presidential candidate frequently wandering off on irrelevant tangents that are difficult to understand. It is immediately not clear what “the Biden circles” are — Some people have speculated he was referring to the social distancing circles used at certain political events in 2020 — or why they couldn’t be filled up, or how they relate to “Elon with his rocket ships.”

The Detroit Economic Club is a non-partisan non-profit that provides an environment to debate social, business, and government issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 12, 2024 4:43 PM

So fed up with his negative, Peepaw bullshit.

Go the fuck away, Orange. Take your hate, your whining, your CAPSLOCK, and your mental illness and screw off.

If any of your followers go with, then they do.

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2024 1:14 PM

Also, what color is is face now? Why is anyone treating that as normal, that he paints himself up like that? No one would accept that from Biden. Or Harris. Or even Fetterman, and he survived a stroke.

Trump looks like a fucking freak. An embarrassment. He looks like someone who should be in a looney bin or a circus.

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2024 1:18 PM

They should enter him in poetry slams. There's something hypnotic about the way he keeps repeating things that make no sense. "I don't know. I don't know. Couldn't fill up the eight circles. I always loved those circles. They were so beautiful. It was so beautiful to look at."

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2024 1:46 PM

This sad trash heap is what MAGATs want to represent America on the world stage. I will never understand.

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2024 1:49 PM

No doubt a PET Scan would reveal his Brain matter looks like Swiss cheese.

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2024 1:49 PM

Someone get “Dementia Donald” trending on The Site Formerly Known as Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2024 1:55 PM

R2, his face looks grey. That can’t be good.

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2024 2:01 PM

The ones who think he is a necessary evil are the worst of all.

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2024 2:12 PM

Did he smear his face with grey brown diarrhea?

by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2024 2:15 PM

Tard Vibes

"Uh Trump was at a Detroit Economic Club event today and for like 5 minutes he just stood onstage alone bopping around in one spot I am not joking"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2024 2:38 PM

Every time he speaks my only reaction is "what the fuck is he babbling about?" Does his cult understand what he's saying? Is this some kind of subpar edu-speak that's become its own language like Ebonics did? Frankly, I don't think they do or maybe they are using some kind of mass hypnosis.

by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2024 2:40 PM

It is what it is" = Give up. Accept that you've lost everything you care about. Don't try. Don't fight back. Nothing matters.

"It's shocking that Trump does harm to hurricane victims and first responders with a barrage of lies DURING A CRISIS.

It's shocking that Trump (and Vance) degrade and diminish women, who comprise a majority of voters, EVERYWHERE THEY GO.

It's shocking that Trump speaks so ill of auto workers and their industry at a rally in Michigan, HOME OF THAT INDUSTRY.

But - is any of it really shocking anymore?

Trump is pathologically aberrant: He is nuts. He is incompetent. He is ignorant. He is transactional. He lacks the full emotional spectrum. And - to most of us - ALL THIS IS TRANSPARENT. It's illogic, and one would think it is an illogical strategy. How does he get over on so many?

The answer - or a big part of the answer - of why so many are susceptible - is that Trump is the gateway drug to nihilism - and nihilism is spreading.

Nihilism - according to the philosopher Nietzsche - is the art of emptying the world - and especially human existence - of meaning, purpose, comprehensible truth, or essential value. Nihilism is the notion that knowledge is always by someone. It's bound by perspective and is never mere fact.

Our enemy is not just Trump, or Trumpism, or its enablers, amplifiers, grifters, and opportunists. It's not just lies, false narratives, and projection. It's not just normalization of it all by corporate media. It's the cancerous spread of nihilism.

This tweet is not meant to be bleak. It's meant to be explanatory. No doubt you're heard the word nihilism bandied about recently. It explains a lot of what infects the cult. It explains how authoritarianism takes hold. And - it explains why Trump and his cadre of craven cohorts act illogically.

They want more to be discouraged and barraged. They want as many as possible to believe that there is no such thing as truth and no such thing as meaning.

Focus. Perspective. Vote. Spread the word. Truth exists. Meaning exists. Truth IS meaning. And meaning IS truth.

And all this nihilism we see around us - it's not formidable. It's propped up by illogic, like a House of Cards. They're just selling us that it's formidable. But that's not accurate; that's not true.

Remember that."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 11, 2024 2:41 PM

[quote]It is immediately not clear what “the Biden circles” are — Some people have speculated he was referring to the social distancing circles used at certain political events in 2020 — or why they couldn’t be filled up, or how they relate to “Elon with his rocket ships.”

Yet the media just gives him a pass on all this.

by Anonymousreply 13October 11, 2024 2:42 PM

They ran out of orange makeup and had to use copper.

by Anonymousreply 14October 11, 2024 2:44 PM

R13 Exactly. Where are the headlines that paint him as old, doddering and senile like they did Biden? Where are the obvious conclusions that this man is not well?

by Anonymousreply 15October 11, 2024 2:46 PM

R11 his cult is shrinking but getting louder.

by Anonymousreply 16October 11, 2024 2:46 PM

It doesn’t matter.

by Anonymousreply 17October 11, 2024 2:48 PM

He also loudly farted and it’s audible in the footage. This is not a drill.

by Anonymousreply 18October 11, 2024 2:50 PM

Bizarrely, I understood part of it. SpaceX booster rockets return to earth and are recovered for reuse. They do seem to land slowly, and exactly where they’re meant to, and the sonic boom they create is really, really loud. I went to Florida to attend the launch of the Falcon Heavy and it’s a thrilling moment when those machines take off and the boosters return.

It’s been a long, slow disheartening descent since then, watching Musk behave as he has and think that funding Trump the Fool could ever be a conscionable choice to make. But at least I learned that Gwynne Shotwell is the steady hand at the SpaceX tiller and not him.

by Anonymousreply 19October 11, 2024 3:04 PM

Look how BAD he looks. How could anyone vote for that?

by Anonymousreply 20October 11, 2024 3:07 PM

I so miss normality.

by Anonymousreply 21October 11, 2024 3:22 PM

This is the way this freak wants people to look like. He wants to make painting your whole face in gold fashionable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 11, 2024 3:32 PM

I get the part about Space-X rockets, but what are Biden circles?

by Anonymousreply 23October 11, 2024 3:35 PM

Why on earth are you trying to make sense of his bullshit, r23?

by Anonymousreply 24October 11, 2024 3:38 PM

I wonder what he looks like fresh out of his allegedly rare showers? Michael Cohen said his hair looks like Riff Raff from Rocky Horror.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 11, 2024 3:39 PM

Actually, I can usually parse what he is trying to say.

by Anonymousreply 26October 11, 2024 3:40 PM

I wouldn't brag r26

by Anonymousreply 27October 11, 2024 3:45 PM

It’s not a brag. Anyone with a brain can usually figure out what Trump is really talking about, but the “Biden circles “ has got me stumped.

by Anonymousreply 28October 11, 2024 3:58 PM

Why are these business people listening to his nonsense? Surely they know he's senile and nonsensical.

by Anonymousreply 29October 11, 2024 4:08 PM

He is declining for real. If he wins we are probably looking at President JD Vance by the start of 2027.

by Anonymousreply 30October 11, 2024 4:20 PM

I predict he's going to die within a week and a half, and then Vance will win the election.

Think Tiberius and Caligula.

by Anonymousreply 31October 11, 2024 4:28 PM

[quote]Think Tiberius and Caligula

I most definitely will not!

by Anonymousreply 32October 11, 2024 4:30 PM

R26 - Sure, Yuri...uh, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 33October 11, 2024 4:34 PM

how anyone could respond affirmatively to this beclowned hunk of fat, high heels, dementia "Egyptian base #8494 and shit with is an indictment of the American electorate AND the failure of the press to cover him critically.

by Anonymousreply 34October 11, 2024 4:37 PM

He borrowed Rita Moreno's "tropical" makeup from West Side Story.

by Anonymousreply 35October 11, 2024 4:42 PM

The press does cover him critically. It doesn’t matter. He has neutralized the media with his “fake news” meme.

by Anonymousreply 36October 11, 2024 4:49 PM

Quite the warm-up for Madison Square Garden. Out-of-town try-outs for the big prestige gig. Such an occasion might plausibly magnify and confirm, without possibility of spin, Trump's manifest dereliction on every level. Not such an impossible dream.

by Anonymousreply 37October 11, 2024 4:50 PM

Is it a Trump speech or the last words of Dutch Schultz?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 11, 2024 4:51 PM

He’s practically in blackface in OP’s photo

by Anonymousreply 39October 11, 2024 5:13 PM

R28, I’m baffled too. It’s possible that the “eight circles” that had to be filled by press people were part of a Democratic stage set from the previous election. It’s him obsessing about crowd size and the outrage of Biden winning when he, Trump, was so popular. But it’s impossible to know. At this point he can’t really focus on anything or communicate ideas. He’s just someone they wheel around.

by Anonymousreply 40October 11, 2024 5:21 PM

Omg there is a bitch at his Colorado rally butchering the national anthem right now. Lawd.

by Anonymousreply 41October 11, 2024 5:22 PM

It irks my soul when I see a fine ass Maga. I forgot how good looking Super Bowl champ Derek Wolfe is. Let me turn from this shit.

by Anonymousreply 42October 11, 2024 5:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 11, 2024 5:50 PM

R43 😂. Though white people gotta be careful making jokes like that because of the implications. Just pass a good joke off to a brotha or Latino sometime 😂.

by Anonymousreply 44October 11, 2024 5:53 PM

Saw a comment online from a magat woman claiming Dump is still a good-looking man for his age.

by Anonymousreply 45October 11, 2024 5:57 PM

It’s a death cult. The MAGAts are in a death cult. They want to destroy everyone and everything because the orange (or WTF ever that color is now) fool told them to.

by Anonymousreply 46October 11, 2024 7:06 PM

Trump, standing on stage swaying to the song…I wish someone had put together an extended play version. And just when it looks like he’s about to erupt, segue to the Star Spangled Banner. All the verses.

by Anonymousreply 47October 11, 2024 7:08 PM

Imagine what that MAGAT woman's husband must look like.

by Anonymousreply 48October 11, 2024 7:09 PM

My hope is that he has some injury or illness that prevents him from travelling and rallying. Just a twisted foot or Covid or something. He dreads appearing infirm or being the butt of jokes. He'd continue posting nasty lies and pottymouthing, but he will look even more old and deranged. While Kamala flits from state to state promising hope and change.

by Anonymousreply 49October 11, 2024 8:05 PM

He's looking rather leathery.

by Anonymousreply 50October 11, 2024 8:12 PM

If his foundation was any darker, he’d have to deport himself.

by Anonymousreply 51October 11, 2024 8:18 PM

lol, r50

by Anonymousreply 52October 11, 2024 8:28 PM

Well, this should go swimmingly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 11, 2024 8:33 PM

He looks like he's doing brownface.

by Anonymousreply 54October 11, 2024 8:36 PM

NYT didn't point out that it's a friendly audience on Fox? I'm stunned since they did that to Kamala last week, you'd think they'd be fair and balanced.

by Anonymousreply 55October 11, 2024 8:44 PM

I place less than zero value on that "Women's Issues" event.

The audience will be vetted and screened to weed out anybody who would actually challenge him. Trump would insist on that and Faux "News" will cave to whatever.

by Anonymousreply 56October 11, 2024 8:47 PM

Della - I agree, but never underestimate this man’s ability to insult even the MAGA faithful. I mean, he called Detroit a shithole to Detroiters’ faces.

by Anonymousreply 57October 11, 2024 9:55 PM

SAD!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 11, 2024 10:33 PM

It’s amazing he’s still upright R49

by Anonymousreply 59October 11, 2024 11:09 PM

His voice is so weak. He sounds close to death. Seriously

by Anonymousreply 60October 11, 2024 11:34 PM

Tease! ^^

by Anonymousreply 61October 11, 2024 11:48 PM

I am fapping

by Anonymousreply 62October 11, 2024 11:57 PM

I know what you mean, r57.

by Anonymousreply 63October 12, 2024 12:02 AM

Trump either shit his pants or he let loose with two or three loud wet farts at this event. It is being discussed on twitter and Kimmel who now refers to Donald as Gasollini

by Anonymousreply 64October 12, 2024 12:17 AM

This would all be comical if not for the frightening thought that he's running neck and neck with a qualified, coherent, non-random farting contender.

by Anonymousreply 65October 12, 2024 12:28 AM

[quote]he's running neck and neck

No he isn't. I don't care what the "polls" say.

by Anonymousreply 66October 12, 2024 12:32 AM

It doesn’t matter. He could say the N word and condemn “queers” and they would still support him. It is insane and scary.

by Anonymousreply 67October 12, 2024 12:39 AM

He's different at every appearance. Sometimes almost the sassy old Trump- sometimes shlurring, shluggish and confushed.

by Anonymousreply 68October 12, 2024 12:40 AM

[quote]r68 = Sometimes almost the sassy old Trump

When?

by Anonymousreply 69October 12, 2024 1:00 AM

J.D. Vance must watch a lot of Survivor and Big Brother. He knows if they win, he will be President himself within a year or so (with Don, Jr. as his VP).

by Anonymousreply 70October 12, 2024 1:09 AM

I think it's important to find out who invited Trump to speak at the Detroit Economic Club?

by Anonymousreply 71October 12, 2024 2:22 AM

Why isn't this motherfucker in prison. I know he was pardoned, but what he's been up to in the past two years he ought to be under investigation at least.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 12, 2024 2:51 AM

Because the DOJ aids and abets domestic terrorists.

by Anonymousreply 73October 12, 2024 4:15 AM

Reno 911

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74October 12, 2024 4:16 AM

I think something inside me died watching that video, R74. I give up. That's a lot of people standing in a long line to see and support that despicable person.

by Anonymousreply 75October 12, 2024 4:33 AM

R28 since you are obviously a master of linguistics. Please explain to us dummies what Dump meant when he talked about the Continental army taking over the airports. During the Revolutionary war between 1775 and 1783. Were Delta and TWA around then?

by Anonymousreply 76October 12, 2024 4:44 AM

Yes, R76, he was talking about those two in particular.

by Anonymousreply 77October 12, 2024 12:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 12, 2024 12:40 PM

Well, at least he went somewhere other than the seven " battleground" states. Harris, Walz MIA.

by Anonymousreply 79October 12, 2024 4:25 PM

The Orange Maniac

by Anonymousreply 80October 12, 2024 4:37 PM

He broke the no sharting rule of presidential campaigns. He’s proven now to be both incontinent and incompetent.

by Anonymousreply 81October 12, 2024 4:40 PM

R79, and why wouldn’t Harris/Walz be MIA in non battleground states? You do know how this election works, right?

by Anonymousreply 82October 12, 2024 4:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!