Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kamala Harris Vogue cover

Kamala STUNS in new pics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 14, 2024 11:58 PM

Her left hand could have been placed better, it kinda just hovers there at an awkward angle. And her right hand looks bigger than it is because of optical fuckery – you need to be extra careful when working with armchairs and dark clothing.

Everything else is perfect, though.

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2024 1:11 PM

I really don't care if she stuns. We just need her to WIN.

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2024 1:13 PM

She’s wearing the microphone earrings.

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2024 1:17 PM

Gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2024 1:24 PM

Is it an unspoken rule that a woman running for President can never wear a dress, skirt or evening gown?

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2024 1:32 PM

I love the way she makes the hue of her suits work for her skin and hair coloring, and not the other way around.

I'd love to see her wear bolder color. Her skin tone and hair color provide the perfect canvas for it, but I understand that will have to wait.

For now.

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2024 1:35 PM

Same Della at R6, wouldn't it be a dream to see her step out as President in a rich goldenrod-yellow outfit, nail the look, nail her actual presidential objectives at the appearance/event, and watch FOX lose their babbling spittle-flinging minds.

I'm still hopeful she will win but yeah, this moment is f'ing nerve wracking. Can only imagine what it's like for her. If she's getting more than 5 hours of sleep a night I'd be impressed.

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2024 1:39 PM

You nailed it R1. Her arms are so awkwardly positioned that they look weird and then bigger/smaller. Otherwise very nice. She looks presidential.

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2024 1:41 PM

As I’ve noted before on here, the Harris campaign’s use of imagery designed to evoke associations with law and justice is remarkable if not brilliant. Here, the choice of outfit and pose appears designed to evoke conventions in judicial portraiture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2024 1:58 PM

Likewise the backdrop and outfit from her convention speech evoked a television judge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2024 2:00 PM

Cant seeink her neeples in pic. Doesn't knowink first think about glamoor!

by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2024 2:05 PM

As I’ve also mentioned before, Harris’s husband has close ties to Hollywood

The stock character of the black female judge has been part of pop culture for maybe thirty years

I think we even had a “Let’s be thread” about it (“I won’t tolerate any more of this tomfoolery in my courtroom!”)

But it is one of the few areas where a black woman is allotted to not only have respect but a degree of intimidation over white men

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 11, 2024 2:11 PM

Why did it have to be a Xitter link at op? There are no other websites with this picture?

by Anonymousreply 13October 11, 2024 2:29 PM

I think the last time I noticed Kamala in a dress was in old footage.

by Anonymousreply 14October 11, 2024 3:09 PM

R13 blame the webmaster for not making IG images show up

by Anonymousreply 15October 11, 2024 4:09 PM

One thing that has consistently infuriated Trump and Melanie is the fact that she was never bestowed a VOGUE cover.

Kamala looks great. The colors are gorgeous, but she looks a bit tense. Not that running for the most important job on Earth against a deranged maniac isn't stressful, and doubtless she's too rushed to take a 20-minute breathing rest before the photo-shoot, but she would have been spectacular with a little relaxation of the face and hands.

by Anonymousreply 16October 11, 2024 4:22 PM

Yasss Kween.

by Anonymousreply 17October 11, 2024 4:26 PM

[quote] Is it an unspoken rule that a woman running for President can never wear a dress, skirt or evening gown?

She’s a 60 year old lawyer.

Not an aspiring Fox News presenter.

by Anonymousreply 18October 11, 2024 4:40 PM

Perhaps you last saw her in a dress at a state dinner. With a cape!

Or here…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 11, 2024 5:04 PM

The Monique Lhuillier is her best look in that bunch.

by Anonymousreply 20October 11, 2024 5:06 PM

She’s more curvy than she appears in tv.

by Anonymousreply 21October 11, 2024 5:07 PM

Right which is why dressing in skirts and gowns is not going to do her any favors in a campaign. Some of you would have her straddling a chair in a $20,000 designer gown which would inflame multiple groups that she needs on her side.

by Anonymousreply 22October 11, 2024 6:04 PM

Inflame young Black men? Colllege-educated white women? Latinas?

🧐

by Anonymousreply 23October 11, 2024 6:14 PM

Brilliant, Polished, Trustworthy and Presidential. Did I mention, too, that she is Gorgeous?

Jennifer Beals, phone your agent; President Harris is a role you were born to portray.

by Anonymousreply 24October 11, 2024 6:20 PM

Yes.

young Black men? She doesn't look like a leader, she doesn't look serious, she looks like a Brentwood millionaire, she's a ho Colllege-educated white women? We didn't get this far to be sexualized and valued for our looks. How is she affording these gowns when we cannot pay afford a second baby. She's out of touch. I'm worried 'they' won't take her seriously. Latinas? Strongmen will not trust Ms Pretty in her ball gown. She's a shallow Hollywood elite.

They did this the right way. She looks serious, classy, beautiful, presidential and approachable. Her suit looks expensive and perfectly tailored but it's not an in your face 'fancy' outfit that makes her look out of touch or threatening to women.

by Anonymousreply 25October 11, 2024 6:22 PM

I love this. I am sure the orange shit stain and his crazy cult are going nuts over this - good! The only orange he should be seen in is a prison jump suit.

by Anonymousreply 26October 11, 2024 6:23 PM

She's trimmed down over recent years. My favorite look of the bunch is the muted gold Ralph Lauren. I don't like the sandals, but I think they were in fashion then.

by Anonymousreply 27October 11, 2024 6:26 PM

She and Doug both gained some weight after they got married. I bet she was cooking up a storm!

by Anonymousreply 28October 11, 2024 6:30 PM

Quite nice tits.

by Anonymousreply 29October 11, 2024 6:33 PM

Nancy Pelosi has her A game when it comes to wearing dresses and still appearing as the Alpha. Also not bad for a gal with quite big tits. I suspect that's because of who she is as well.

by Anonymousreply 30October 11, 2024 8:14 PM

Nancy also has the benefit of not needing to appeal to the whole nation. She only needs to win over her SF electorate and she can be loathed by Repukes and men and still wield tremendous power in her party.

by Anonymousreply 31October 11, 2024 8:42 PM

This ain’t Nancy time.

It’s Kam time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 11, 2024 8:43 PM

As an old white gay who lived, worked and went to school in each of SF, Oakland and Berkeley —I would gladly die on November 6 knowing that Kamala Harris, over everyone, had been elected President of the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 33October 11, 2024 8:54 PM

Awwww, r33, you made me a little misty-eyed.

by Anonymousreply 34October 11, 2024 8:59 PM

Well , I may exaggerate a bit. Know that I’m Very loyal to Berkeley and the Bay Area. I’ll be out there in a couple of weeks for a cool shindig in Berkeley. ✊🏼

by Anonymousreply 35October 11, 2024 9:23 PM

Kamala doesn't stun it's just a Kamala

STUNT

by Anonymousreply 36October 11, 2024 9:25 PM

*eyeroll* to r36

by Anonymousreply 37October 11, 2024 9:31 PM

Madam President

by Anonymousreply 38October 11, 2024 10:01 PM

Nothing says I understand your economic struggles quite like the cover of Vogue.

by Anonymousreply 39October 11, 2024 10:03 PM

[quote]that a woman running for President can never wear a dress, skirt or evening gown?

Why is this so important to men? Is it like gay men insisting that there's such a thing as a vaginal orgasm?

by Anonymousreply 40October 11, 2024 10:21 PM

[quote]One thing that has consistently infuriated Trump and Melanie is the fact that she was never bestowed a VOGUE cover.

Oh, please! Melania looks like exactly what she is: a played-out Slavic whore.

Who wants to see that on [italic]any[/italic] cover?

by Anonymousreply 41October 11, 2024 10:50 PM

I like her neutral manicure.

by Anonymousreply 42October 11, 2024 10:53 PM

That is a beautiful portrait.

by Anonymousreply 43October 11, 2024 11:09 PM

R38. Madame!

by Anonymousreply 44October 11, 2024 11:11 PM

[QUOTE]One thing that has consistently infuriated Trump and Melanie is the fact that she was never bestowed a VOGUE cover.

She was on the Vogue cover in her bridal gown when she married Trump. She did not get the cover as FLOTUS as other First Ladies had because she refused to give an interview like they had. Of course, Trump was whining discrimination or some such. Of course, she wasn't giving an interview because she wasn't getting paid or promoting a product. O

by Anonymousreply 45October 11, 2024 11:24 PM

The photo is dull.

Ugh, that mud toned outfit. Having hair, skin and clothes all match is not good. And the dark red background doesn't help.

I was surprised to see this was done by Annie Leibovitz. Her photos are usually smartly styled and lit and have a pop to them. This doesn't.

I

by Anonymousreply 46October 11, 2024 11:35 PM

I just noticed they have her sitting in a corner. Very odd.

by Anonymousreply 47October 11, 2024 11:40 PM

R22 it is exactly why she would look great in a dress or skirt. Are you posting from 1960? Curves have been in for the past 25 years.

by Anonymousreply 48October 11, 2024 11:46 PM

R47 That she's pushed into a corner and has that spikey fence wallpaper design behind her makes me think Leibovitz is a Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 49October 11, 2024 11:48 PM

Nepotism level: over 9000

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 12, 2024 12:17 AM

^ The comments are brutal.

by Anonymousreply 51October 12, 2024 12:20 AM

[[quote]Is it an unspoken rule that a woman running for President can never wear a dress, skirt or evening gown?

Shows how much times have changed. Until about 26 years no female politician or First Lady could wear trousers. Even Hillary Clinton wore skirts until late in her husband’s time as president.

by Anonymousreply 52October 12, 2024 12:39 AM

Sure thing r52

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 12, 2024 12:49 AM

Great photo, but did she have to wear brown?

by Anonymousreply 54October 12, 2024 12:50 AM

R53 Sorry. I didn’t realize the degree of stupidity that lurked here. To forestall a further barrage of stupidity from you, I will specify that, when I say Clinton never went nude as First Lady, I mean in her official.capacity and not that she never bathed.

Let me know if your brain needs help with anything else.

by Anonymousreply 55October 12, 2024 12:55 AM

lol, r55

Good one.

by Anonymousreply 56October 12, 2024 12:58 AM

[Quote] Nothing says I understand your economic struggles quite like the cover of Vogue.

Yes Defacto, a billionaire born with a silver spoon in his mouth and wants to be surrounded by gold plated everything is much better at understanding peoples economic struggles — because he puts on a baseball cap with his $5,000 suits.

by Anonymousreply 57October 12, 2024 1:02 AM

R56. LOL. Good one

by Anonymousreply 58October 12, 2024 1:04 AM

She's a soft autumn. She looks way better in brown than black. Most people do, but they refuse to believe it

by Anonymousreply 59October 12, 2024 1:18 AM

[QUOTE]Until about 26 years no female politician or First Lady could wear trousers.

I don't think this is an urban legend and I'm too tired and lazy to Google, but I'm pretty sure that pants were forbidden (and panty hose required) among female staffers in Dubya's White House.

I can also see from a practical standpoint why a Democratic female candidate might not want to wear skirts on the road while campaigning. She has to descend and ascend the stairs of her plane and get on stages to deliver speeches. You just know the right wing press, led by the lascivious, mean fucker, Jesse Watters, will be aiming for upskirt shots of Harris to use to denigrate her and her womanhood.

by Anonymousreply 60October 12, 2024 1:53 AM

R55 lost his funny bone as five year old, during a game of ”Operation.”

by Anonymousreply 61October 12, 2024 1:58 AM

That is a flattering picture but I think she always looks pretty close to that.

by Anonymousreply 62October 12, 2024 2:08 AM

[quote] Jennifer Beals, phone your agent; President Harris is a role you were born to portray.

Beals is much too old. I was thinking Zendaya.

by Anonymousreply 63October 12, 2024 3:47 PM

Zendaya wouldn’t be convincing in the older years. They could always make Jennifer Beals look younger.

by Anonymousreply 64October 12, 2024 3:50 PM

The pose is a bit stiff, otherwise she looks great.

by Anonymousreply 65October 12, 2024 3:54 PM

I would like to see her in something a little !more glamorous at her inauguration

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 12, 2024 3:55 PM

[quote] Nepotism level: over 9000

Jack loves trolling the MAGAts! Good for him, he is making himself very useful.

by Anonymousreply 67October 12, 2024 4:04 PM

[quote] Zendaya wouldn’t be convincing in the older years. They could always make Jennifer Beals look younger.

Jennifer looks great for 61 but she cannot play a 35 year old DA. And I want an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 68October 12, 2024 4:07 PM

Zendaya wouldn’t be convincing in the younger years, with her flat, gruff voice and tomboy body language.

by Anonymousreply 69October 12, 2024 6:35 PM

Here's the article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70October 13, 2024 1:04 AM

Meanwhile Trump gets the centerfold in New York Post.

by Anonymousreply 71October 13, 2024 1:44 AM

When I first saw the subject heading I thought Kamala Harris had recorded a cover of Madonna's "Vogue."

by Anonymousreply 72October 14, 2024 2:34 AM

That cover is horrible. Who’s the photographer? It looks like that no-talent Anne Leibovitz did it.

by Anonymousreply 73October 14, 2024 2:40 AM

*Annie

by Anonymousreply 74October 14, 2024 2:40 AM

They made her look mannish. Kind of like RuPaul.

by Anonymousreply 75October 14, 2024 2:41 AM

Essence, Time, and New York Magazine did much, much better covers of Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 76October 14, 2024 2:42 AM

I shouldn’t say this, but it is entertaining. I get all the covers she didn’t. That stupid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 77October 14, 2024 4:34 AM

Is she mulatto? If so, does she know who her negro father is?

by Anonymousreply 78October 14, 2024 5:09 AM

R78 is bitter her museum of a childhood home got bilked out of 300k.

by Anonymousreply 79October 14, 2024 5:28 AM

Adding to R60's observations, we need to bear in mind that campaigning (and being President) are both incredibly busy jobs unless you're DJT. If you wear a smart skirt suit and you want to look businesslike, you have to wear decent-sized heels. At 60, any woman would find that draining for one day, let alone day after day. If you were a model or actress you might put up with it because you're all about the look, but when your focus is on your policies and strategy, you don't want to be crippling yourself.

The other thing is that the slack suit is a uniform for Harris, with little differentiation except in color, which stops the idiot press breathlessly hitting the "Who are you wearing?" trope.

Hopefully she will win the election and, to signal triumph, wear something stunning to the Inauguration Ball. Which Anna will obligingly photograph and run. But I'd expect the trouser suit to be there for the Inauguration proper.

A Vogue cover might enlist the vital "younger women with no brains" demographic to vote for her because she looks better groomed than Trump. (As did Secretariat, but even so.)

by Anonymousreply 80October 14, 2024 7:23 AM

of course cunt Megyn Kelly has to weigh in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 14, 2024 2:48 PM

The voice of insight and reason at, r80.

Thank you.

In addition to what r80 points out about Kamala's uniform of slack suits (and "uniform" in this context is a positive thing), an advantage of a slack suit is undergarments.

If you' re in shape, as Kamala appears to be, you can get by with wearing comfortable, full cut, preferably 100% cotton underpants and a good bra.

I'm hopelessly old school.

I tried to give bare legs in a skirt suit or dress a chance, and another chance...and another...but, at least for me, there is no substitute for the polish, body smoothing and glamour of the very sheerest of hosiery adorning the legs of a person wearing a skirt or dress.

Pantyhose and stockings come with a major drawback, however - they can be uncomfortable.

Nancy Pelosi's annual undergarments budget could probably keep me fed for a year. But she ALWAYS looks smooth, polished, professional in her tailored coat dresses.

If Kamala Harris were to go to dresses and suits, it would be just more on top of what she already has to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 82October 14, 2024 2:48 PM

to dresses and skirt suits ^

by Anonymousreply 83October 14, 2024 2:50 PM

We have paper white skin in my family so the women haven't put on a skirt/dress since the 60s! They cannot be bothered with false tan and they think white legs look awful even in stockings. My mother admires Pelosi's style but she always says she has the olive skin to pull off bright colors without looking washed out.

by Anonymousreply 84October 14, 2024 3:24 PM

The comments about Megyn Kelly at R81 are brutal.

by Anonymousreply 85October 14, 2024 11:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!