Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Obama Roasts Trump for Everything From Selling Bibles to Needing a Diaper

Barack Obama laid into fellow former President Donald Trump so thoroughly on Thursday that more than one X user quipped, “I’d like to report a murder.“

Obama, speaking at a rally in Pittsburgh, ticked off a long list of reasons why voters should reject Trump and vote for Democratic nominee Kamala Harris next month.

He disparaged “the constant attempts to sell you stuff” including gold sneakers, a $100,000 watch and the Trump Bible. “Who does that?” asked Obama with an incredulous shrug.

“You know, he wants you to buy the word of God, Donald Trump edition. Got his name right there next to Matthew and Luke,” he said of Trump’s “God Bless the USA Bibles,” which, it was reported this week, were printed in China. They are priced at $59.99 each.

Obama: Constant attempts to sell you stuff. Who does that? Selling you gold sneakers and $100,000 watch and most recently, a trump bible. You know, he wants you to buy the word of god, Donald Trump edition. Got his name right there next to Matthew and Luke.

The 44th president continued to blast the 45th, recalling his shock at finding out how much diapers cost after his oldest daughter Malia was born. “Do you think Donald Trump ever changed a diaper?,” he asked about the father of five.

One attendee shouted, “His own!”

Obama admitted with a laugh, “I almost said that, but I decided I should not say it.”

Trump was dubbed “Diaper Don” by the media in 2020 over reports that he wore adult diapers while filming the reality competition “The Apprentice.”

Trump supporters not only shrugged at the suggestion when it resurfaced during Trump’s tax fraud trial earlier this year, but proudly began wearing the absorbent underwear themselves at campaign events and carrying signs that read “real men wear diapers.”

Obama also blasted Trump for taking credit for the state of the economy when he took office in 2021. “I remember that economy when he first came in being pretty good. Yeah, it was pretty good, because it was my economy. It wasn’t something he did. I spent eight years cleaning up the mess that the Republicans had left me,” he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 16, 2024 5:23 PM

[quote] Barack Obama laid into fellow former President Donald Trump so thoroughly on Thursday that more than one X user quipped, “I’d like to report a murder.“

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2024 12:40 PM

Damn. I love it!

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2024 12:40 PM

I love that the thin skinned Cheeto has to be just seething

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2024 12:42 PM

I'm so glad they quit going on this sack of trash. Go lower!

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2024 12:54 PM

Now go after Media for not reporting Trump is senile and demented.

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2024 1:11 PM

Trump is pissed and shitting in his Depends this morning.

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2024 1:26 PM

[quote] Trump is pissed and shitting in his Depends this morning.

So basically it's just like every other morning for Dump.

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2024 1:30 PM

I love that man. Barack Obama that is...

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2024 1:33 PM

That was Obama's opening act - he is teaming with Kamala in the next few weeks for another bout to take DUMP down even further - if DUMP can hold up until then! The planned MSG (Madison Square Garden) DUMP circus for 10/27/24 just may wobble off its axes with the blows Obama/Kamala are lining up.

With Obama at her side, Kamala is sure to win!

by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2024 1:36 PM

[quote]With Obama at her side, Kamala is sure to win!

Frankly, I don't think Obama will be much help.

He's still popular with die-hard Democrats, but Obama is a very divisive figure nationwide.

Many Americans don't look back fondly on his two terms (with Biden) and are unhappy with Biden's current presidency (with Kamala) and don't want another four years of either with Kamala in the top ticket.

by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2024 1:50 PM

Yes he was good-a bit long winded and some passed out but he was good.We may lose to Trump but we know we did what we could to save Democracy. Really enjoyed this forum but it will go to…

by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2024 1:51 PM

Nice to see the President with a follow-up. Don’t forget how much Obama pissed Trump off at the WH Correspondent’s dinner about ten years ago.

Delicious.

by Anonymousreply 12October 11, 2024 1:52 PM

The people who weren't happy with Obama's two terms are primarily seething racists.

by Anonymousreply 13October 11, 2024 1:55 PM

The setup for the joke was hilarious.

Obama knew exactly what he was doing, when he started talking about diapers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 11, 2024 1:55 PM

Barack Obama mocked Donald Trump on Thursday night with a joke about diapers that almost went below the belt.

The moment came during a campaign event in Pennsylvania as Obama praised Vice President Kamala Harris’ plan to help ease the financial burden of raising young children with a $6,000 tax credit.

“She wants to make it easier to afford stuff like a crib, or a car seat or diapers,” Obama said, then recalled his own shock at the price of diapers when his first daughter was born in 1998.

“I remember changing diapers,” he said. “Do you think Donald Trump ever changed a diaper?”

The audience laughed, and someone yelled an answer: “His own!”

Obama pointed into the crowd.

“I almost said that,” he said with a laugh. “But I decided I shouldn’t say it.”

Obama’s original question has an answer, at least according to Trump himself. Asked in a 2005 radio interview if he had changed his kids’ diapers, Trump said, “No, I don’t do that” and that it’s “not my thing.”

In a separate 2005 interview, Trump described his philosophy when it came to rearing his children.

“I mean, I won’t do anything to take care of them. I’ll supply funds and she’ll take care of the kids,” he said, referring to his new wife, Melania Trump. “It’s not like I’m gonna be walking the kids down Central Park.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 11, 2024 1:57 PM

He needs to hammer home Trump’s obvious cognitive impairment, with yesterday’s Detroit dumpster fire as Exhibit A.

by Anonymousreply 16October 11, 2024 1:59 PM

And people crow about how great Trump is with trash talk?

Ain't NOBODY shit-talks harder, funnier, and meaner than pickup b-ball players--and O loves him some pickup basketball.

He's just (mostly) kept it cute for political reasons, but I see the gloves have come off.

GOOD.

by Anonymousreply 17October 11, 2024 2:00 PM

Oh, that incandescent smile @00:00:49!

Be still, my heart!

by Anonymousreply 18October 11, 2024 2:04 PM

Sadly he will be first on the list of the Trump SS-hope Michelle carries a gun and knows how to use it.

by Anonymousreply 19October 11, 2024 2:45 PM

Yeah, I watched that clip and realized I had a big smile on my face, it was so good to see him.

by Anonymousreply 20October 11, 2024 3:09 PM

Obama delivered, again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 11, 2024 4:55 PM

R5 They're starting to wise up. CBS Evening News just called him out on his lies and misinformation on the hurricanes and FEMA. Fox News did as well.

by Anonymousreply 22October 11, 2024 5:00 PM

R21 😂 I loves it. Absolutely ❤️

by Anonymousreply 23October 11, 2024 5:09 PM

[quote]Yeah, I watched that clip and realized I had a big smile on my face, it was so good to see him.

Not long ago I re-watched the Anthony Bourdain episode where he and Obama meet up at a restaurant in Hanoi and I almost cried, I missed him so much.

by Anonymousreply 24October 11, 2024 5:12 PM

Obama looks great yo. That man is sixty something years old. Ol peanut shaped head lol. I have the same shaped head and been teased all my life about it from family members 😂. He is just so intelligent and charming, while still being completely grounded. I know I’m fangurling but I just love this man and his wife.

by Anonymousreply 25October 11, 2024 5:15 PM

You know Trump was watching and seething over the diaper jokes. And that makes me happy. 😁

by Anonymousreply 26October 11, 2024 5:30 PM

Ask yourself why R10. Then let us know.

by Anonymousreply 27October 11, 2024 5:36 PM

Obama is not divisive nation wide. 60% of the American public adores him. Listen we’re not going to we’ve ever go back to the broad approval ratings of Reagan and Clinton. First of all, they probably weren’t that accurate to begin with. They under-sampled blacks and minorities back then. But mostly we aren’t going back because regular white people wont be fair. Things that used to disqualify a candidate, make them completely unacceptable— are now “ok”.

by Anonymousreply 28October 11, 2024 5:44 PM

Imagine if he and George W. Bush walked out on that stage together.

by Anonymousreply 29October 11, 2024 5:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 11, 2024 6:03 PM

R29 George W. Bush already said that he's not going to endorse anyone this year.

by Anonymousreply 31October 11, 2024 6:52 PM

Obama and Hillary still living rent free in that mush between Dump’s ears

by Anonymousreply 32October 11, 2024 6:57 PM

R31, gwb remains the pos he’s always been, a spineless one.

by Anonymousreply 33October 11, 2024 7:11 PM

At least he's slithered away and keeps quiet as any bad past President should do.

by Anonymousreply 34October 11, 2024 11:27 PM

The best line was "Trump had a great economy. I should know, it was my economy."

by Anonymousreply 35October 16, 2024 5:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!