Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Northern lights

I just woke up from a nap and walked outside. I saw the Northern Lights and it was beautiful. The camera really shows them well. Can anybody else see them?

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2024 2:23 PM

We had them tonight in NYC... at least through the lens of an iPhone!

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2024 3:07 AM

[quote] The camera really shows them well. Can anybody else see them?

Can you think of anything that might help your loyal readers, OP?

It’s called a link, you fucking moron!

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2024 6:14 AM

The way you fuck faces go off because someone forgets a link is so like you.

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2024 7:21 AM

I looked and looked, saw nothing.

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2024 7:37 AM

I'm still looking for the link to OP's pics which "the camera really shows them well" R4.

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2024 7:46 AM

I’m not OP, R5, but here’s an example, taken a few minutes ago on Vancouver Island; I couldn’t see colour with the naked eye, just some kind of “whipping” or flickering light, moving a bit like a candle flame.

Tonight I saw some people looking up at the sky through their phones and getting excited, and thought they were weird, as the sky looked normal, but it’s true about the camera lens! This was my first time seeing northern lights, though now I know what to look for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2024 8:35 AM

R6 that is gorgeous and amazing! You lucky thing to be able to experience that. Thank you for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2024 11:18 AM

They seem to have been very visible throughout a lot of the northern hemisphere. I saw someone post pics from France, and here in Canada this is the third night in a row we’ve had a pretty good show.

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2024 11:59 AM

Thank you R6! Seeing this in person is on my bucket list I better get set up for that next year given my age. Haha.

by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2024 1:06 PM

I wish I'd paid attention. I'm a total news junkie, but decided to give myself a short holiday from checking news online and on TV over the last couple of days. Just logged back in today to see all these reports about the Northern Lights.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2024 1:09 AM

I saw them in Iceland. They're quite extraordinary.

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2024 1:12 AM

I just slapped someone’s face! And now I see the lights!

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2024 1:28 AM

Ooh la la Mr. Fancypants saw them in Iceland. Whatever we see from America is NOTHING. It only really counts if you see them from Iceland, if only to boast about it to strangers for the rest of your sad, empty life.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2024 1:30 AM

Beautiful pics.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2024 1:36 AM

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2024 1:38 AM

No, I've never seen the Northern Lights. I'd like to go to Alaska, someday, and see them.

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2024 1:40 AM

I'm having trouble posting the photos I took last night. Can someone kind of walk me through it. Please - OP

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2024 2:31 AM

OP, just use this website. No account necessary. It's pretty self-explanatory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2024 3:41 AM

Thank you for showing us your pain, R13, so childish and pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2024 2:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!