Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Crazy Raccoon Lady keeps feeding for 40 years, so a HUNDRED surround her home & don't let her leave!

Video shows nearly 100 hungry raccoons − some allegedly aggressive – swarm a Washington state woman's home last week in broad daylight looking for their next meal.

The animals were captured on film after the resident from Kitsap County, across Puget Sound from Seattle, called 911 when the mammals surrounded her rural home preventing her from leaving the property, officials said.

In footage shared by the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office, a deputy is heard speaking to the unidentified woman who says the large numbers of raccoons began gathering in her wooded backyard about six weeks ago.

The woman, who lives a few miles north of Suquamish, told deputies she has been feeding raccoons on her property for more than 38 years, sheriff's office spokesman Kevin McCarty told the Kitsap Sun, part of the USA TODAY Network.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2024 6:35 PM

And she's gonna cost taxpayers a lot of money for being a batty old unforgiving bitch, charging WA state for fecal clean-up? I can actually see that happening.

by Anonymousreply 1October 9, 2024 11:28 PM

Raccoons are extremely destructive animals who will make nests in your attic and walls. They are one of the only animals that suit where they live and their feces, when dried, can be inhaled when cleaned up their messes and which can infect you with a spiridium bacteria which can kill you.

by Anonymousreply 2October 9, 2024 11:29 PM

*shit where they live

by Anonymousreply 3October 9, 2024 11:29 PM

This is some shit that would have happened to my Nana. She fed them and they could open the screen door and would come knocking on the storm door for food.

The shitheads that live upstairs from me fed a raccoon one time. They don't bring in the trash bins (I bring them out weekly) and are too lazy to compost. They put their empty alcohol cans outside (they each drink a case a day so there's a lot) and the raccoons will drain them. So, we have drunk raccoons. They also will put bags of garbage on the porch (because see above) and the raccoons, and now possums) will rip open the bags for the cat shit and cat food bags and cans. disgusting creatures. The raccoons and possums are ok though.

I would prefer not to have them hanging around but I just knock on my door window before going out at night and they leave me alone. I can hear them on the stairs outside my windows at night though and sometimes they fight. Raccoons are TERRIFYING when they fight.

by Anonymousreply 4October 9, 2024 11:33 PM

Drunk raccoons. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 5October 9, 2024 11:49 PM

Told ya we were hardcore

by Anonymousreply 6October 10, 2024 12:03 AM

If she had given them relaxing massages, this would never have happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 10, 2024 12:07 AM

Raccoons are not aggressive animals and if they're out during the day they're not rabid just hungry. I've noticed during the summer months the mothers will come out early looking for food because they're nursing. A few weeks later I'll see the mother bring the little ones with her during the day sometimes hanging out playing in the backyard with their mother.

As the babies become older, the mothers then revert back to their nocturnal schedule and come out at night with their little ones in tow. They're very intelligent little creatures and most are not rabid. I read that 20% of the population has become immune to rabies so that's a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 8October 10, 2024 12:15 AM

One time I was camping and a raccoon was nibbling my sandal while I was sitting by the fire. I jolted up and swatted it away but it barked like a dog. It was odd.

by Anonymousreply 9October 10, 2024 12:19 AM

They will memorize your dog’s schedule and tease the shit out of her. They will actively ignore your cats, which then makes your cats more fascinated.

They will let you know when it’s time to clean your bird feeder.

They can open cheap vinyl windows in your garage; keep the latches closed!

by Anonymousreply 10October 10, 2024 12:37 AM

Before I got pregnant I lived in an apartment on the 3rd floor. I was really into doing acid at that time and I was convinced that the hit I took that night wasn't working so I headed home.

I couldn't find my keys so I climbed up the fire escape (metal stairs, not a ladder), popped the window and crawled into my living room. I went to take a shower and forgot to close the window. Also, the acid kicked in.

I came out from the shower to 2 raccoons sitting on my living room chair and they were eating potato chips. I grabbed another bag of chips, a bowl of water and a soda and joined them. They were very polite although not much of conversationalists and they ate the chips, washed their pawz and departed back out the window.

I spent the night tripping fucking balls (that's a WHOLE other story) and when I got up I saw the mess and thought, shit, that was a bizarre trip, imagine believing you're having a tea party with raccoons and I ate 2 bags of chips and triskits (again, whole other story)?!

I was watching tv that night and and on my sofa with the windows behind me and hear scritch tap tap tap.

Apparently some of the night wasn't a trip.

by Anonymousreply 11October 10, 2024 12:39 AM

Dollface thread!

by Anonymousreply 12October 10, 2024 12:44 AM

Don't throw bouquets at me...

by Anonymousreply 13October 10, 2024 12:48 AM

Better to have them in one crazy lady's yard than roaming the city streets feeding on human flesh

by Anonymousreply 14October 10, 2024 12:48 AM

[quote] Crazy Raccoon Lady keeps feeding for 40 years

Talk about a coon’s age.

by Anonymousreply 15October 10, 2024 1:09 AM

Too bad Hitchcock isn't around to do a remake of "The Birds," but with raccoons.

by Anonymousreply 16October 10, 2024 1:11 AM

Does she go by the name "Big Edie"?

by Anonymousreply 17October 10, 2024 1:14 AM

This premise would have made a great late in life Olivia de Havilland thriller.

by Anonymousreply 18October 10, 2024 2:34 AM

Hollywood would fuck it up with a MCU plot twist - the raccoons speak because they’re Rocket’s descendants.

by Anonymousreply 19October 10, 2024 2:39 AM

Surprised they haven’t fed on her. One of these days.

by Anonymousreply 20October 10, 2024 7:57 AM

They are cute animals but this would be a nightmare!

by Anonymousreply 21October 10, 2024 8:55 AM

They're cute but a nuisance at best. My partner was a big fan (they don't have 'em in his country), until they started shitting on the deck. And as another poster mentioned, their droppings can carry disease.

by Anonymousreply 22October 10, 2024 9:01 AM

Google raccoon latrines, they are nasty creatures. The CDC has a lot of info about the bacteria they carry in their feces. In an experiment they soaked the worm eggs for 6 months in bleach and the eggs and bacteria were still viable. The only way to destroy the eggs is with fire. I found a raccoon latrine on my property, I thought "whose dog is crapping on my land" but it was raccoons. I bought a torch and propane tank and repeatedly torched the ground.

by Anonymousreply 23October 10, 2024 9:33 AM

Unbelievably stupid. And it impacts the entire neighborhood. And across-the-backyard- fence neighbor lives in a falling-down house with a perrenially unmowed yard. He's 'off' mentally and feeds feral cats, raccoons, possums, everything. All of us deal with the fallout: crap all over the place, damage to houses, the stink of male cats spraying all over, etc. The City has been called on this guy multiple times, but nothing ever comes of it.

by Anonymousreply 24October 10, 2024 9:59 AM

Pity there are no Haitians in Kitsap County.

by Anonymousreply 25October 10, 2024 10:56 AM

R11, my brother had a similar story. He installed a cat door in a basement window so his cat could wander around the backyard when he was out of the house. He called me one evening to tell me he was in his kitchen staring at a raccoon who was eating his cat's food. The racoon was completely unperturbed by my brother's presence, continued his meal then left back out the cat door. Good raccoon, lol.

by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2024 3:44 PM

She should feed them poison.

by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2024 3:53 PM

Be careful, Pocahontas. It's a slippery slope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2024 6:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!