Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I’m kind of obsessed with Charli XCX

This bitch is a veteran at this point. That Icona Pop song was over a decade ago. Likewise, her collaboration with execreble Iggy Azalea. Poor Iggy got murdered years ago but the hook from Fancy lives on and so does Charli.

But the song and video for 360 is what sent me over the edge. Bitch does a perfect cat walk down the street with Chloe Sevigny, I was like WHAT?

Charli may be the true heir to Madonna’s legacy. A girl with an ear for a hit song doing the absolute most with average looks. And yes, I mean that as a compliment. I need more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 9, 2024 5:25 PM

It's a good song OP. I would listen to it a few times.

I really loved Someone Who Can Dance. Very funky and surprising.

I don't know what you're talking about about by mentioning Madonna. It's hilarious. What you're saying makes no sense. You're talking about so many different things at once.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 9, 2024 11:51 AM

Why the fuck is Chloe in that? I mean I don't mind. Her legs look rough though. So they hid her legs behind a model in the final shot.

by Anonymousreply 2October 9, 2024 11:58 AM

And is the emaciated leggy model Andreja Pejic? If so, I haven't seen her around in awhile. She has wasted away. Not good.

by Anonymousreply 3October 9, 2024 12:01 PM

[quote]What you're saying makes no sense.

Of course it makes sense. The statement stands on its own terms. Of all the pop stars to have had their day since Madonna, perhaps Charli is the successor and heir.

Are you stupid? If so, I am not mad at you for it, but don't question my cultural edicts.

by Anonymousreply 4October 9, 2024 12:36 PM

Love the dude who breaks through the wall with the chair so that Charli can walk through it.

Hilarious. Iconic.

by Anonymousreply 5October 9, 2024 12:39 PM

Awful song. Awful video.

That chunky butterface has no talent.

by Anonymousreply 6October 9, 2024 12:47 PM

Well the difference between Charlie and Madonna is that Charlie writes her own songs. I would say, the most obvious successor to Madonna is Dua Lipa, as she has a team that writes for her. She does have a good ear for hits.

by Anonymousreply 7October 9, 2024 1:21 PM

R7 Madonna writes a lot of her own songs

by Anonymousreply 8October 9, 2024 1:44 PM

I was totally oblivious to her until I happened to hear Mean Girls, an amazing song.

How does one pronounce XCX? Do you say X C X or is it said some other way? It’s not a proper Latin numeral.

by Anonymousreply 9October 9, 2024 1:58 PM

R9 it's pronounced as it's written, Ex See Ex.

by Anonymousreply 10October 9, 2024 4:28 PM

Thanks r10, kinda thought so, but was afraid I missed some clever pronunciation, because I’m not down with the kids.

by Anonymousreply 11October 9, 2024 4:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 9, 2024 5:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!