Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lisa Marie Presley kept son Benjamin’s body in her home for two months after his death

The room was kept at 55 degrees to preserve his body, she writes, adding that she “got so used to him, caring for him and keeping him there.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 12, 2024 7:01 PM

Thanks for the movie link?

by Anonymousreply 1October 8, 2024 11:41 AM

Lisa Marie Presley was so heartbroken by the loss of her son Benjamin Keough that she kept his body in her home for two months after his death — even inviting a tattoo artist in to see him so Lisa Marie could get matching ink.

That’s just one of the jaw-dropping revelations in Presley’s new memoir, “From Here to the Great Unknown,” which was finished by her actress daughter Riley Keough after the 54-year-old’s death in January 2023.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 8, 2024 12:23 PM

No fucking way - isn’t that illegal?

by Anonymousreply 3October 8, 2024 12:30 PM

What is WRONG with these people?

by Anonymousreply 4October 8, 2024 2:33 PM

Obviously she's not right, even losing your child shouldn't cause this, she's Elvis's daughter, so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 5October 8, 2024 3:25 PM

55 degrees isn’t nearly cold enough.

by Anonymousreply 6October 8, 2024 4:09 PM

A Rose for Lisa

by Anonymousreply 7October 8, 2024 4:56 PM

Her son gave off very strong homo vibes...

by Anonymousreply 8October 8, 2024 5:09 PM

Her minders should be beaten. You know she had them; there was that Chaz Bono Specialness about her.

by Anonymousreply 9October 8, 2024 5:28 PM

Totally normal.

by Anonymousreply 10October 8, 2024 6:46 PM

And you thought her ex-husband Michael was the weird one!

by Anonymousreply 11October 8, 2024 9:31 PM

Money can buy anything

by Anonymousreply 12October 8, 2024 9:37 PM

Didn't he have a shotgun hole in his head?

by Anonymousreply 13October 8, 2024 9:40 PM

[quote] Her minders should be beaten. You know she had them

Paid employees can't control the employer. LMP would have fired anyone who insisted she stop drugs, etc. Get real.

by Anonymousreply 14October 8, 2024 9:44 PM

R13 - yes - he died of self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Moms fix that with a little Bactine and some Ace bandages. Easy peasy.

by Anonymousreply 15October 8, 2024 9:46 PM

So this is fame.

by Anonymousreply 16October 8, 2024 9:51 PM

That's a very reverse Norman Bates move on her part. Did she also dress him and put him in a window? She wasn't well.

by Anonymousreply 17October 8, 2024 9:53 PM

Didn't he stink??!!

by Anonymousreply 18October 8, 2024 9:54 PM

Ugh. Too weird. That daughter, Riley seems to have a good head on her shoulders despite the nuttiness

by Anonymousreply 19October 8, 2024 9:54 PM

I would think even at 55 degrees, the decomposition would still be happening. You can't let a steak sit in the fridge for 2 months - even at 45 degrees - and it not go rotten and eventually stink.

by Anonymousreply 20October 8, 2024 9:59 PM

I’m Listening to the audio book as I type. Julia Robert’s reads Lisa Marie’s parts and Riley reads her own parts. I’m at Elvis’ death. It’s good!

I’m not an Elvis fan and know little about Lisa Marie, but she comes across as genuine in this. She really doesn’t like Priscilla. At this point of the book, anyway, she wanted nothing to do with her when she was a kid. Suspect relationship doesn’t get better.

by Anonymousreply 21October 8, 2024 10:01 PM

R20 - unless he was embalmed?

Maybe she wanted a private ceremony and had the viewing at her home and just kept him there? To avoid the paps and Elvis freaks?

I could see that happening - not wanting to let go. At a funeral home, there's a schedule and you have to move on with the program.

by Anonymousreply 22October 8, 2024 10:04 PM

The news online said that LMP found a local "compassionate funeral home director" who embalmed him, then brought his body back to her place. There are no laws in California apparently re immediate burial of dead bodies, so she was able to exploit that loophole; she also had the means to keep a room at her place cool enough to stave off decomp.

by Anonymousreply 23October 8, 2024 10:09 PM

Is alright? Is alright!

by Anonymousreply 24October 8, 2024 10:12 PM

Even if the body was embalmed...good lord, a corpse with the head at least partially blown off in the house. No wonder the weirdo husband got the kids.

It is surprising that Riley seems to be at least a fairly normal person & one hopes that she can separate from Priscilla (who, if not a terrible mother, as at least pretty toxic) and make a better life for herself & her half-sisters (god knows the therapy those two will need!)

by Anonymousreply 25October 8, 2024 10:13 PM

Priscilla admitted she was an absent mother. In her book she writes about trying to get toddler Lisa ready for a photo shoot. Lisa clung to her Nanny and didn't even recognize Priscilla.

by Anonymousreply 26October 8, 2024 10:36 PM

I like Riley. I’m going to see her in concert in a couple of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 27October 9, 2024 12:20 AM

Right out of Rhett and Bonnie Blue in GWTW.

by Anonymousreply 28October 9, 2024 12:23 AM

Well, she was obviously heartbroken. He was her son after all and she probably transferred a lot of feelings about her dad to him. She probably wasn't in her right mind either. Her other kids will carry that trauma forever and that's really tragic.

by Anonymousreply 29October 9, 2024 12:24 AM

[quote]Lisa Marie Presley kept son Benjamin’s body in her home for two months after his death

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 9, 2024 12:35 AM

Apparently dry ice was used to keep the body chill.

by Anonymousreply 31October 9, 2024 12:53 AM

Was Lisa Marie still in Scientology?

by Anonymousreply 32October 9, 2024 1:04 AM

In the interview with Oprah last night, she said Ben’s body was on dry ice in a coffin in the next room. I thought he was sitting in a chair rotting away like Norman Bates mother.

by Anonymousreply 33October 9, 2024 10:51 AM

Not creepy at all.

by Anonymousreply 34October 9, 2024 10:56 AM

The Presley family is disgusting. Acting like pigs on drugs and then charging you money to read their book.

by Anonymousreply 35October 9, 2024 11:16 AM

“Look, Mawma! He’s movin!”

“That’s the bugs…”

by Anonymousreply 36October 9, 2024 6:24 PM

Did the son off himself in California or Graceland?

by Anonymousreply 37October 9, 2024 6:49 PM

California, r37, at his mother's house in Calabasas.

by Anonymousreply 38October 9, 2024 8:30 PM

In her memoir Lisa Marie wrote that she was molested by Priscilla's boyfriend Mike Edwards from "Mommie Dearest" when she was 10 years old. The Post reached out for comment and Edwards denies it, yet in his own memoir he wrote, “Once, when Priscilla and I were sitting at the dinner table and Lisa was sitting between us, Lisa got up to get something from the refrigerator and her bare knee accidentally brushed against my hand. It sent waves of desire through me. I looked at Priscilla and thought, Can’t you see what’s happening — I’ve fallen in love with your daughter.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 9, 2024 8:48 PM

I didn’t molest her! We were in love!

by Anonymousreply 40October 9, 2024 9:07 PM

Lisa was hell on a golf cart.

by Anonymousreply 41October 9, 2024 9:35 PM

That is revolting r39. More disturbing than keeping a corpse in the den.

by Anonymousreply 42October 9, 2024 10:28 PM

It's the Southern Way.

by Anonymousreply 43October 9, 2024 10:37 PM

You don't allow your boyfriend to enter your child's bedroom.

Your boyfriend is not permitted to discipline your child.

Mom, you suck.

You don't have to perfect, you have to be present.

And stop bringing bums home.

by Anonymousreply 44October 9, 2024 10:43 PM

She was a cunt. A friend of mine did business for her and she refused to pay him for his services, took her to court and they settled out of court. Lessons from Trump, you'd say.

by Anonymousreply 45October 12, 2024 6:38 PM

She was broke, R45.

by Anonymousreply 46October 12, 2024 7:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!