Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING - Cissy Houston Is Dead To Me

It was not a bathtub related death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150October 14, 2024 1:40 AM

Because Satan didn't want her having any water in hell.

by Anonymousreply 1October 7, 2024 7:17 PM

Now she can go berate her daughter for being a dyke in the afterlife.

by Anonymousreply 2October 7, 2024 7:17 PM

I call dibs on her stuff.

by Anonymousreply 3October 7, 2024 7:18 PM

She often whipped Whitney with a belt. Rest in hell, bitch

by Anonymousreply 4October 7, 2024 7:18 PM

This came as no surprise to Dionne.

by Anonymousreply 5October 7, 2024 7:19 PM

Why is this even news?

by Anonymousreply 6October 7, 2024 7:19 PM

Which Houston family member will be next on the "we rode the Whitney Houston gravy train for as long as we could" to kick the bucket.

by Anonymousreply 7October 7, 2024 7:20 PM

Has Miss Warwick commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 8October 7, 2024 7:21 PM

Did she ever not look like a crack whore?

by Anonymousreply 9October 7, 2024 7:22 PM

Miss Warwick will speak to her through her psychic friends.

by Anonymousreply 10October 7, 2024 7:22 PM

Everything you see in that shot was paid for with Whitney's money – the fur wrap, the teeth, the horrible hairstyle, even the photographer who took that professional photo. She was a leech, nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 11October 7, 2024 7:25 PM

Ding dong, the witch is dead!

by Anonymousreply 12October 7, 2024 7:25 PM

R12 = Robyn Crawford

by Anonymousreply 13October 7, 2024 7:28 PM

Why am I reminded of this when I look at OP's picture?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 7, 2024 7:32 PM

That poor fur around her neck had to smell her nappy pussy.

by Anonymousreply 15October 7, 2024 7:46 PM

There are no more tomorrows for Cissy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 7, 2024 7:53 PM

I died of a broken heart 'cause Nippy liked that poontang instead of uncut pinga.

by Anonymousreply 17October 7, 2024 7:55 PM

R2 is the best R1 I've read in a while.

by Anonymousreply 18October 7, 2024 7:56 PM

Unbelievable that Dionne outlived that entire family!

by Anonymousreply 19October 7, 2024 8:01 PM

Not a religious person but somehow hope she is "with" her daughter. A difficult relationship for sure but there seemed to be true love there from both sides

by Anonymousreply 20October 7, 2024 8:12 PM

Are Buffy and Jody ok?

by Anonymousreply 21October 7, 2024 8:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 7, 2024 8:16 PM

One of the best ever background vocals

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 7, 2024 8:21 PM

Hateful hag.

by Anonymousreply 24October 7, 2024 8:22 PM

Off topic, but I saw this somewhere else last week and was wondering if anyone else watches this clip with sadness rather than celebrating her YASS, QUEEN! sassiness (as most of the comments I saw do)?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 7, 2024 8:24 PM

Another one bites the dust!

by Anonymousreply 26October 7, 2024 8:24 PM

According to her daughter-in-law Pat Houston, she died at home where she was under Hospice care for Alzheimer’s disease.

Pat’s statement is in linked Variety article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 7, 2024 8:26 PM

When i saw OP's pic I thought she was doing the remake of Lucy's Stone Pillow

by Anonymousreply 28October 7, 2024 8:27 PM

Since she was such a homophobe, let's start the rumour that she was a late-in-life lesbian and died while eating out her lover's vajay. "I thought she was just taking a long time". her reported lover, Aileen Saphron said, "But...she wasn't being attentive to my clitoris... She was just dead."

by Anonymousreply 29October 7, 2024 8:32 PM

Thank you for posting that r23.

by Anonymousreply 30October 7, 2024 8:35 PM

Dionne is still around

by Anonymousreply 31October 7, 2024 8:39 PM

The Grim Reaper is out and about once again...this is #1.

Katherine Jackson and Dionne Warwick best sleep with one eye open the next week or two.

by Anonymousreply 32October 7, 2024 8:47 PM

Damn. Mariah's and Whitney's mothers died the same year. RIP. You gave the world a once-in-a-lifetime talent with Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 33October 7, 2024 8:49 PM

It was the Jennifer Hudson tribute to Whitney at the AMA 50th anniversary special that did her in, wasn’t it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 7, 2024 8:50 PM

Does this mean that Dionne will inherit all of that Whitney money now?

by Anonymousreply 35October 7, 2024 8:52 PM

Pat Houston is also a piece of work.

Cissy's crowning moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 7, 2024 8:52 PM

So young.

by Anonymousreply 37October 7, 2024 8:53 PM

[quote]Damn. Mariah's and Whitney's mothers died the same year. RIP. You gave the world a once-in-a-lifetime talent with Whitney.

J. Lo and Lady GaGa , Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, and Beyonce better keep their mothers under a protective bubble.

by Anonymousreply 38October 7, 2024 8:53 PM

This makes two 'relatives' of popular female singers who have died over the past few days: Madonna's brother, and now Houston's mother. Franki Grande better watch out !

by Anonymousreply 39October 7, 2024 9:08 PM

I look at OP's photo and I smell moth balls and Aqua Net.

by Anonymousreply 40October 7, 2024 9:26 PM

Her chinchilla collar in OP’s pic is one of the most expensive furs around, right up there with Russian sable.

by Anonymousreply 41October 7, 2024 9:28 PM

Oh this is awful! Does anyone know how she died?

by Anonymousreply 42October 7, 2024 9:35 PM

R9 😂 😂 😂. This has gotta be the coldest comment I’ve seen in some time.

by Anonymousreply 43October 7, 2024 9:36 PM

Bitch can roast in hell. Her homophobia was one of the reasons her daughter died so young.

by Anonymousreply 44October 7, 2024 9:38 PM

God’s got your number hussy.

by Anonymousreply 45October 7, 2024 9:41 PM

[quote]Does this mean that Dionne will inherit all of that Whitney money now?

How many cartons of smokes will that get her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 7, 2024 9:41 PM

I guess making it to 92 ain’t for Cissys.

by Anonymousreply 47October 7, 2024 10:02 PM

Barbara Walters and Sherri Shepherd are more concerned about Bobbi Kristina than Pat and Cissy.

Pat in particular comes across as an opportunist. Bobbi Kristina didn’t stand a chance at having a happy, healthy life with these vultures.

They were on The View to promote their reality series The Houstons: On Our Own which started airing 8 months after Whitney died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 7, 2024 10:02 PM

[quote]Unbelievable that Dionne outlived that entire family!

Virginia Slims are the fountain of youth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 7, 2024 10:16 PM

She spent most of her life living through her daughter, trying to control and dominate her. I can't think of anything good to say about that bitch. She reminds me of those self-righteous church sisters with their polyester wigs and imperious manners. Gossiping, judging. Turning their noses up at anything that didn't have anything to do with their precious fucking Jesus. She and the rest of that family mooched off of Whitney and ran her ragged. I wish that she had had the strength to keep them away, poor thing.

Fuck Cissy Houston.

by Anonymousreply 50October 7, 2024 10:48 PM

Her Gay Daughter paid for her regal lifestyle

by Anonymousreply 51October 7, 2024 10:52 PM

I think she was burning up with jealousy about Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 52October 7, 2024 10:58 PM

Bobby Brown: “Sending love and blessings to the Houston family on this great loss. May she rest in peace and power”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 7, 2024 10:58 PM

Bobby is a bigger man than I thought.

by Anonymousreply 54October 7, 2024 11:04 PM

Is it true that she pushed Whitney into the closet?

by Anonymousreply 55October 7, 2024 11:11 PM

Seriously, R36? She looked so sour and unappealing there, as if she were wishing she was anywhere but where she is; and was wishing everyone onstage and in the audience into the cornfield. Didn't smile except for a fleeting second halfway through the performance, didn't move one hair in rhythm like the other backups, and barely clapped when it time to clap. Looked like an angry Maxine Waters.

Was her mike even on?

by Anonymousreply 56October 7, 2024 11:12 PM

R56, that sour and unappealing performance got her more publicity than she's had in decades.

by Anonymousreply 57October 7, 2024 11:18 PM

There was a lot of homophobic bullying by Cissy and others in the inner circle who wanted to stay on the gravy train R55.

Cissy considered the relationship between Whitney and Robyn Crawford, her friend turned lover, unnatural and forbid Robyn from walking next to Whitney in public. That’s only scratching the surcface.

by Anonymousreply 58October 7, 2024 11:26 PM

Perhaps, R57, but R36's headline was "Cissy's finest moment." And I neither saw nor heard that evidence. Her sour stoniness was unprofessional and distracting, pulling visual focus from the Queen of Soul in a way backup singers never should.

by Anonymousreply 59October 7, 2024 11:26 PM

My cousin’s friend who is a stylist to ALL the big names in temporary orthodontia said that Cissy was visiting Roberta Flack at her place in Asheville when Roberta let one of her shrieks loose.

The house was swept down the mountain faster than a turd irrigated out of your colon. It was awful.

by Anonymousreply 60October 7, 2024 11:26 PM

What a cissy

by Anonymousreply 61October 7, 2024 11:35 PM

I worked with some ladies who lived in New Jersey in the nid-80s. They were in membership services at our society in the United Engineering Center (torn down and now a Trump building 🤮).

They lived right in Cissy and Whitney’s neighborhood. These coworkers of mine were genuine black church ladies and very VERY into singing at mass.

They said that Cissy was supremely stuck up and superior-acting, and would not deign to socialize with the more working class people in the church assembly.

Then they said, “she acts so high and mighty, but we have all seen that daughter of hers, smoking pot in the alleyway.” Now at the time I knew this was Whitney, an up and coming star, but I didn’t believe it — I thought they were just jealous. She seemed so wholesome. In hindsight … how right they were.

by Anonymousreply 62October 7, 2024 11:45 PM

[quote] Everything you see in that shot was paid for with Whitney's money – the fur wrap, the teeth, the horrible hairstyle, even the photographer who took that professional photo. She was a leech, nothing more.

There would have been no Whitney Houston without Cissy Houston, period. She poured everything she had genetically and vocally into Whitney. She gave Whitney a voice and taught her how to use it. Cissy lived her life, endured her trauma, learned her lessons and moved on. We're all flawed but Cissy left the world better than she found it.

by Anonymousreply 63October 7, 2024 11:50 PM

What Whitney money? The money stopped coming in the day Whitney died.

Whitney didn't write any of her songs, so the only money she was making was from concerts and touring. Plus, she likely died with a lot of debt, so the family has probably only recently paid those off by making some details from tell-all interviews

by Anonymousreply 64October 7, 2024 11:50 PM

Is she really dead or is she Christopher Ciccione dead ?

by Anonymousreply 65October 8, 2024 12:18 AM

Wonder if Whitney and Aretha met her at the Pearly Gates, and locked her out instead of welcoming her in ? "Get away, bitch !" screams Whitney. "Move your fat ass to Hell, hussy!" says Aretha.

by Anonymousreply 66October 8, 2024 12:23 AM

So many nasty comments about Cissy in this thread. She doesn't deserve such disrespect.

Shame on DL.

by Anonymousreply 67October 8, 2024 12:31 AM

Where did she get that janky wig in the OP picture ? I think DollarTree has better wigs than what she has on her head.

by Anonymousreply 68October 8, 2024 12:32 AM

R67 You're new here ? Welcome to the forum !

by Anonymousreply 69October 8, 2024 12:33 AM

R67 She was a homophobic cunt who caused her daughter needless pain and anguish.

by Anonymousreply 70October 8, 2024 12:35 AM

Here is Cissy singing backup for Joe Cocker during a Ray Charles tribute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 8, 2024 12:36 AM

[quote]I think DollarTree has better wigs than what she has on her head.

With a chinchilla collar, no less.

by Anonymousreply 72October 8, 2024 2:12 AM

You should never say bad things about the dead, only good.

Cissy Houston is dead?

Good.

by Anonymousreply 73October 8, 2024 3:17 AM

R39, Madonna also lost her stepmother, Joan, on Sept 24. Celebrity mommas better watch out.

by Anonymousreply 74October 8, 2024 3:32 AM

[quote] J. Lo and Lady GaGa , Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, and Beyonce better keep their mothers under a protective bubble.

J. Lo's mother is safe. Needs no bubble.

by Anonymousreply 75October 8, 2024 3:48 AM

All you bitches thinking Cissy deserves more respect can kiss my gay ass. Her homophobia deserves airtime, and this is one of the few places where that will happen.

by Anonymousreply 76October 8, 2024 4:17 AM

r66 Aretha Franklin was homophobic too? 😔

by Anonymousreply 77October 8, 2024 4:30 AM

Nippy had a nappy pussy, just like uppity Cissy.

by Anonymousreply 78October 8, 2024 6:28 AM

[QUOTE]It was not a bathtub related death.

However, she gleefully facilitated two bathtub deaths because she was "Bible," ya'll. Fuck this mother-fucking cunt of a "grandma" disguised as a self-seeker. Did the family ever recognize how much blood she had on her hands?

by Anonymousreply 79October 8, 2024 6:38 AM

Susan Dey does not know how to respond to so much black jive talk.

by Anonymousreply 80October 8, 2024 8:39 AM

Lame joke.

by Anonymousreply 81October 8, 2024 8:42 AM

R79. Calm down, Teacake.

by Anonymousreply 82October 8, 2024 8:47 AM

You won't miss much if you block r80. 🚫

by Anonymousreply 83October 8, 2024 8:58 AM

Good lord (lawdy), Emily Latilla! Now, I'm Teacake? 😂

by Anonymousreply 84October 8, 2024 9:04 AM

My God does not recognize Cissy’s divorce or second marriage and subsequent children. We look down on her and cast her out of Eden.

by Anonymousreply 85October 8, 2024 9:10 AM

It’s actually divorce(S)! This one’s cooter be itchin’

by Anonymousreply 86October 8, 2024 9:20 AM

Met her once at a private event. Nasty ole cunt.

by Anonymousreply 87October 8, 2024 9:45 AM

Will she be buried in that same ghetto graveyard as Whitney?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 8, 2024 9:48 AM

PLEASE Miss Warwick return to the Datalounge for funeral commentary!

by Anonymousreply 89October 8, 2024 9:49 AM

She was all over John Houston’s dick while he was still married

by Anonymousreply 90October 8, 2024 10:57 AM

😱 oh, Lordy

by Anonymousreply 91October 8, 2024 11:13 AM

As they say, old age isn't for Cissy's.

by Anonymousreply 92October 8, 2024 11:17 AM

No disrespect intended, but the Whitney funeral watch threads we had were hysterical. The majority of posts were written as we collectively watched it on tv. I wish they still existed.

by Anonymousreply 93October 8, 2024 11:22 AM

R93 Those were priceless. I wish they were still around. They should have been put in 'the vault'.

by Anonymousreply 94October 8, 2024 11:49 AM

R93 and we all remember "that moment" when Dionne and Cissy name checked Aretha.

"....she is here yet she is not HERE."

Pure DL gold!

by Anonymousreply 95October 8, 2024 12:22 PM

Excuse me for being late to your party, but I have been TRYING to find the articles Cissy "borrowed" from me over the years. And crying some.

How she thought she could fit her butt in my gold lamé bell bottoms I do not know. Why she took my black panties when she couldn't fit the openings on her arms much less her gunther I cannot imagine. Why she needed with my best Ganga pipe I do not know, since she had her special coping pills in hand since 1958 I am nonplussed over.

You saw her wandering around Nippy's homegoing with that polyester wig backwards and humming "Bye Bye Blackbird" while shredding tissues out of the church's grief supply crates.

That closet was a mess and those fucking nurses kept giving me the side eye as I filled my black trash bags.

I've been pissed at Cis for a long time. But then I dee-scovered she had been confiscating things out of Nips' and Bobbi's purses and Bobby's pockets when he was passed out on the floor for YEARS. I now have a historic collection of ALL the good stuff through all the substance trends of their unfortunate lives!

Look for the auction on that dork web thing. I KNEW my dee-votion to family was going to pay off in a better way than singing at their lonnnng series of funerals!

Love gives back! You re-member that. Love pays back. Mmm-Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 96October 8, 2024 1:06 PM

R48, Pat comes off as so defensive there.

by Anonymousreply 97October 8, 2024 1:13 PM

Of course they’re defending her treatment of Whitney on LSA?

by Anonymousreply 98October 8, 2024 1:29 PM

R98 LSA?

by Anonymousreply 99October 8, 2024 1:53 PM

R99 not R98 but it means Lipstick Alley. It's a black forum where they make lots of homophobic comments, disparage most white entertainers for being mediocre, etc. They take stanning of entertainers to the very max.

by Anonymousreply 100October 8, 2024 1:55 PM

Fly, Robyn, Fly

by Anonymousreply 101October 8, 2024 1:56 PM

Poor Whitney. Her family is nothing more than mooches and grifters. Pam Houston should be waterboarded.

by Anonymousreply 102October 8, 2024 2:21 PM

My condolences, R96. I hope Cissy’s death doesn’t interfere with your upcoming street naming ceremony later this week in East Orange.

Remind me, is this the street you turned tricks on or the one where you always passed out on in a stupor?

by Anonymousreply 103October 8, 2024 2:27 PM

Did Cissy really beat Whitney with belts? I never heard that one.

by Anonymousreply 104October 8, 2024 2:30 PM

She didn’t spare the rod. I am sure she slapped her face on occasion. I read that somewhere in an interview with Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 105October 8, 2024 3:05 PM

[quote] All you bitches thinking Cissy deserves more respect can kiss my gay ass. Her homophobia deserves airtime, and this is one of the few places where that will happen.

Cissy was raised singing in the Black church so she knew and loved many of her (obvious but closeted) gay congregation members and music collaborators just as she was taught that homosexuality was a sin. There were many gays and lesbians who were fans of Cissy Houston throughout her solo recording and performing career. She was gracious to her gay fans.

You don't have to respect Cissy but you can save your scorn for the people who personally denigrated you because of your sexuality -- or us as a collective. Cissy's homophobia had little to no impact on our lives.

by Anonymousreply 106October 8, 2024 3:34 PM

R106 it DID impact Whitney’s life.

by Anonymousreply 107October 8, 2024 3:43 PM

Maybe if she hadn't been so homophobic, her daughter wouldn't have become a crackhead and might still be alive today. So yes, it did affect our lives in that way. I'd much rather have Whitney alive and well.

by Anonymousreply 108October 8, 2024 4:16 PM

She fucking killed her daughter's joy.

by Anonymousreply 109October 8, 2024 4:19 PM

Who the fuck is “Joy”?

by Anonymousreply 110October 8, 2024 4:34 PM

Pat is Whitney's sister-in-law, meaning that Pat is married to Whitney's brother, Gary. Whitney's brother's original last name is Garland. (He's from Cissy's earlier marriage.)

The worst thing they (Pat, Cissy, Gary, etc.) did was put Bobby Kristina in that reality show right after Whitney died.

by Anonymousreply 111October 8, 2024 4:36 PM

R111, I think the worst thing may have been Whitney adopting Nick Gordon, the guy who Bobbi ended up dating. People still think he was responsible for Bobbi's death. Not sure how true that is but he did act like a moron on Dr. Phil.

by Anonymousreply 112October 8, 2024 4:41 PM

R112, she didn't legally adopt him, but she did let him into her inner circle, where he ended up fucking "stepsister" Bobby Kristina . Bobby Brown blames him for both deaths (W & BK).

He was super sketchy and a liar. He's dead now.

by Anonymousreply 113October 8, 2024 4:44 PM

R113, all of that is so messed up on so many levels.

by Anonymousreply 114October 8, 2024 4:49 PM

Haven't read the full thread, so apologies if this has already been posted - but Cissy sang back-up on the famous live version of "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" in which Elvis cracks up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 8, 2024 5:00 PM

Q: Would it have bothered you if your daughter Whitney was gay?

A: Absolutely

Cissy didn’t care for Robyn or Bobby Brown

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 8, 2024 5:43 PM

[quote] Maybe if she hadn't been so homophobic, her daughter wouldn't have become a crackhead and might still be alive today. So yes, it did affect our lives in that way. I'd much rather have Whitney alive and well.

Purely hyperbolic and likely wrong. We are the sum of all of our experiences. I wouldn't attribute your current mental health challenges solely to your father calling you a "faggot" or your mother calling you a "fat whore." You likely made your own choices along the way that made you who you are today.

by Anonymousreply 117October 8, 2024 6:13 PM

R117, see R116 and tell me how that couldn't have affected Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 118October 8, 2024 6:14 PM

r118, of course it affected her, I imagine it was very painful. I believe Whitney knew Cissy loved her. My parents were very disapproving of my 'lifestyle' but we all survived. You cannot reduce Whitney's troubles to her mother's "homophobia." She was probably more hurt and tormented by people she didn't know calling her a "crackhead."

by Anonymousreply 119October 8, 2024 7:28 PM

Additional comment from the guy who posted the clip at R116 on X:

“Whitney is my favorite singer of all time!

Just ask any Whitney fan about Cissy or Whitney’s sister-in-law Pat—they’re not exactly beloved figures in her story.

Whitney struggled with many demons throughout her life, but those challenges were nothing compared to the monsters around her: Clive Davis, Cissy, her father, Bobby, Pat, her father John Houston, Bobby, Pat, and her brothers.

Through it all, Robyn Crawford stood by her side, loving and protecting her when no one else would. But when the bad actors pushed Robyn away, Whitney’s world started to fall apart, and it was heartbreaking to watch.”

by Anonymousreply 120October 8, 2024 7:46 PM

What did Clive Davis do to her? The biopic from last year portrays him as her fairy godfather.

by Anonymousreply 121October 8, 2024 8:03 PM

[quote] You cannot reduce Whitney's troubles to her mother's "homophobia." She was probably more hurt and tormented by people she didn't know calling her a "crackhead."

I would disagree. I saw in interview with John Travolta and he said that he felt very loved by his parents. He said that his parents made him feel like he could succeed at anything, acting, etc. The interviewer asked him: what if someone (not parents) had told you that you had no talent? Travolta said: "I wouldn't have believed it."

Point is: if the people early in your life make you feel loved, worthy, etc., it's hard to believe otherwise.

Yes, John T. is a closeted gay man. Not sure how his parents attitudes calculated into that.

by Anonymousreply 122October 8, 2024 9:30 PM

[quote]She was probably more hurt and tormented by people she didn’t know calling her a “crackhead”.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to offend.

by Anonymousreply 123October 8, 2024 9:36 PM

Whitney should've done what Madonna did and kept her family at arm's length.

Madonna was no dummy - she knew her family was dysfunctional and though she kept in contact with them she set up boundaries and very much lived a life independent from them.

A shame Whitney didn't do the same, she might be alive today.

by Anonymousreply 124October 8, 2024 9:55 PM

Robyn finally left Whitney's life in 2000 and that was when the downhill slide really began. Whitney's shocking appearance at the Michael Jackson concert was in '01 and the infamous Diane Sawyer interview was in '02. After Robyn left Whitney just seemed to give up and the last 12 years were basically a slow suicide.

by Anonymousreply 125October 8, 2024 10:00 PM

[quote] Whitney should've done what Madonna did and kept her family at arm's length.

That's what Mariah had to do eventually, as her family was also dysfunctional.

by Anonymousreply 126October 8, 2024 10:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127October 8, 2024 10:10 PM

Name all the memes from the Diane Sawyer interview:

"Crack is wack"

"I wanna see the receipts"

There are others I'm not remembering.

by Anonymousreply 128October 8, 2024 10:34 PM

Here's the full interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129October 8, 2024 10:42 PM

"I don't really know Diane, you tell me"

My partner and I still say this to each other when one of us asks the other a question.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130October 8, 2024 10:44 PM

[quote]Cissy was raised singing in the Black church so she knew and loved many of her (obvious but closeted) gay congregation members and music collaborators

And you know this personally ? You know for a fact she 'knew and loved many of her gay congregation' ? How do you know this ? Do tell...

by Anonymousreply 131October 8, 2024 10:49 PM

Cissy Houston was close friends with Luther Vandross, and everyone in the business knew he was a flaming queen.

by Anonymousreply 132October 8, 2024 10:52 PM

Cissy worked with Luther and she had to have known that he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 133October 8, 2024 10:53 PM

R132. Lu helped Cissy style that opossum on her head in OP's article pic.

by Anonymousreply 134October 8, 2024 10:55 PM

Cissy even sang at Luther's funeral. Definitely not something a raging homophobe would do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135October 8, 2024 10:59 PM

Maybe Cissy was of the “love the sinner, but hate the sin” mindset that so many so called Christians have.

by Anonymousreply 136October 8, 2024 11:22 PM

Very ugly

I bet Corpse is happy or mad

by Anonymousreply 137October 8, 2024 11:47 PM

I hope there’s a casket selfie line, a drive through line, and a discrete meet&greet area for Dionne, sponsored by Check Into Cash!

by Anonymousreply 138October 9, 2024 12:08 AM

Let me know if fried chicken will be served and I’ll swing by.

by Anonymousreply 139October 9, 2024 12:18 AM

Will the funeral be televised live like Houston's ? Will Don Lemon be narrating (he actually did a very good job with Whitney's) ? Will Cissy's assitant / nurse be there once again, constantly leaving the front pew to go to the back of the church every ten minutes (she got the most camera time) ?

by Anonymousreply 140October 9, 2024 12:30 AM

Ok, fine...you twisted my arm.

I'll bring my ole stinky ass to the services.

But don't expect me to sing. I haven't had a decent aria in me since '78.

Well...perhaps a little Porgy & Bess.

by Anonymousreply 141October 9, 2024 12:40 AM

Rumor has it that Kevin Costner is still giving his eulogy.

by Anonymousreply 142October 9, 2024 12:42 AM

" I'll go to the services, but don't sit me near that Dionne Warwick or Patti LaBelle. And if you want me to perform a medley of my hits, it's gonna cost you. "

by Anonymousreply 143October 9, 2024 12:54 AM

I was on a therapeutic retreat when they televised her funeral and I actually canceled two seminars I signed up for because I wanted to stay in my hotel room and watch it.

by Anonymousreply 144October 9, 2024 1:12 PM

I watched some of Bobby Kristina’s show.She was high-drunk- drinking on the show it was so sad and they tried to make light of it-just awful. I,can’t believe even she is gone. But we still have Leontyne Price and Dionne.

by Anonymousreply 145October 11, 2024 2:13 AM

R130 I can never see that and not think of the MADTv version.

by Anonymousreply 146October 11, 2024 3:35 AM

This is one of my favorites from Chaka, Cissy sounded great in the background and helped make the song

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147October 13, 2024 7:55 PM

She was a Dr.!?!?!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148October 13, 2024 8:12 PM

She was a "Dr." in the same way that Bill Cosby is a "Dr."

by Anonymousreply 149October 13, 2024 8:18 PM

Honorary Doctorate.

by Anonymousreply 150October 14, 2024 1:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!