Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Christopher Park in NYC?

OK, this is trivial but I’m just curious. I’m meeting someone I barely know in a few days and he suggested we meet in Christopher Park. That name meant nothing to me so I looked it up. Of course, it’s that tiny triangle between the Monster and Stonewall.

For over half a century I’ve just been calling it Sheridan Square. What do you call it? Is Christopher Park a new name?

A bit interested in the real history of this if you know it.

by Anonymousreply 7October 7, 2024 12:04 AM

Triangle Square?

by Anonymousreply 1October 6, 2024 11:17 PM

There is both a Sheridan Square and a Christopher Park right next to each other OP. Sheridan Square is the one around the corner.

Now who is this man you are meeting up with...

by Anonymousreply 2October 6, 2024 11:43 PM

I moved to NYC in December, 1999. I could afford an apartment in Queens. I won’t even tell you bitches where, it was that bad.

I spent whatever time I could, and what little money I had, in Greenwich Village. During the day? It was that coffeeshop with the name I can’t remember. If the sun was down, I was at a gay bar in the area.

I remember one specific night when one of my friends called me… a couple drinks into the night and she demanded my ear. I went out to that tiny triangle park and listened to her on my red Motorola RAZR. About five minutes into her diatribe a phalanx of rats attacked me at flank speed.

I’m not proud of either how loudly I screamed, or the obscenities I shouted, but it did give me a terribly excellent excuse to hang up on my friend, go into Stonewall and order another G&T.

by Anonymousreply 3October 6, 2024 11:46 PM

They should get rid of those shitty George Segal sculptures.

Christopher Park was a fuckbuddy in Murray Hill. With a 9 inch penis.

by Anonymousreply 4October 6, 2024 11:52 PM

Huh - that's crazy - I used to live just 2 blocks from there on Charles Street.

I always assumed the park in front of the Monster by the subway was Sheridan Square - it's actually Christoper Park and Sheridan Square is around the corner.

Well - it's been 30 years though - so maybe my memory is just shot.

by Anonymousreply 5October 6, 2024 11:57 PM

Ann Sheridan Square.

by Anonymousreply 6October 7, 2024 12:02 AM

That made me laugh, r3. I have to know where you lived though. It can't have been that bad.

by Anonymousreply 7October 7, 2024 12:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!