Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gone Girl (2014)

Released 10 years ago this week, I thought it would be fun to discuss the mystery thriller Gone Girl. The film follows a husband as he becomes a suspect in his wife's disappearance.

Directed by David Fincher

Written by Gillian Flynn, based on her novel.

Starring Rosamund Pike, Ben Affleck, Neil Patrick Harris, Tyler Perry, Carrie Coon, Kim Dickens, Patrick Fugit, Emily Ratajkowski, David Clennon, Lisa Banes, Lola Kirke, Boyd Holbrook, Missi Pyle, and SELA WARD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 7, 2024 2:23 AM

Rosamund Pike gave one of the best performances of the decade. Amy was fucking crazy.

by Anonymousreply 1October 6, 2024 8:28 PM

Ben peen.

by Anonymousreply 2October 6, 2024 8:32 PM

I forgot Casey Wilson! She was the pregnant and dim witted neighbor who bought into Amy's lies.

by Anonymousreply 3October 6, 2024 8:33 PM

Rosamund Pike was scary good in this,

Casey Wilson is always a delight.

by Anonymousreply 4October 6, 2024 10:01 PM

R4 Yes! And Sela Ward was a good Norah O'Donnell-esque reporter.

As well as Missi Pyle as Nancy Grace

by Anonymousreply 5October 6, 2024 10:06 PM

Neil Patrick Harris cannot convincingly play a straight guy, but he was pretty good in this.

by Anonymousreply 6October 6, 2024 10:13 PM

R6 I think it works for the plot. He is straight, but there is something off about him.

by Anonymousreply 7October 6, 2024 10:23 PM

R7 He was good in it.

by Anonymousreply 8October 7, 2024 1:18 AM

Carrie Coon was the best thing about this grand guignol frau schlock.

by Anonymousreply 9October 7, 2024 1:20 AM

Ben was the weakest point. I would’ve liked it more if not for him.

by Anonymousreply 10October 7, 2024 1:24 AM

R10 I disagree. I think Ben was perfect as the dumb, self absorbed husband who is not a bad person, but he is not a good person either.

by Anonymousreply 11October 7, 2024 2:01 AM

Adored it

by Anonymousreply 12October 7, 2024 2:19 AM

The gay version of this movie came out last year. It's called Gurl, Bye.

by Anonymousreply 13October 7, 2024 2:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!