Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What’s on tonight?

If tonight were June 29, 1981.

Lou Grant sounds good. I always enjoy Dean Santoro’s work.

What are you tuning into?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 6, 2024 7:07 AM

I’m watching House Calls at 9:30 for Dack Rambo and Dack Rambo only.

by Anonymousreply 1October 6, 2024 1:57 AM

Sometimes they aired it twice in a row, which I referred to as the Dack Stack.

by Anonymousreply 2October 6, 2024 2:02 AM

I've always enjoyed Billy Santoro's work.

by Anonymousreply 3October 6, 2024 2:08 AM

I just noticed Lou Grant is a repeat. NOT WATCHING

by Anonymousreply 4October 6, 2024 2:52 AM

Forget ultrasounds, Pro-Life religious conservatives should show pregnant women considering abortions this episode of Quincy.

by Anonymousreply 5October 6, 2024 2:55 AM

Mason Adams gives me hives.

by Anonymousreply 6October 6, 2024 2:56 AM

I'm watching The Last Convertible; I loved those trashy miniseries based on equally-trashy book club novels!

by Anonymousreply 7October 6, 2024 3:01 AM

John Shea and Perry King! Yum

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 6, 2024 3:02 AM

Such *pretty* boys.

by Anonymousreply 9October 6, 2024 3:15 AM

R4 What do you expect? It's June. Nearly everything in primetime is a rerun!

by Anonymousreply 10October 6, 2024 3:32 AM

Wow, they really made Bruce Boxleitner look dorky at R8. I didn't recognize him at first.

by Anonymousreply 11October 6, 2024 3:40 AM

I would suggest watching "The Rehearsal" at 10:30pm.

This Gus Giordano ballet features one of his company's lead dancers, Jeffrey Mildenstein.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 6, 2024 3:42 AM

Fantasy Island and Three Stooges, but I'd tell everyone I watched Hidden Struggles.

by Anonymousreply 13October 6, 2024 3:45 AM

Flipping between Quincy, the NACCP conference, and Wimbeldon.

by Anonymousreply 14October 6, 2024 3:51 AM

Quincy will hook you and put a stop to your flipping, missy.

by Anonymousreply 15October 6, 2024 3:54 AM

I’m very glad that “The Three Stooges” listing at 1:10am is specified as COMEDY.

I might have tuned in mistakenly thinking it was the hard-hitting drama also titled “The Three Stooges.”

by Anonymousreply 16October 6, 2024 3:57 AM

Not watching Fantasy Island.....that cunt Celeste Holm is on!

I guess it's Dame Edith Evans for me!

by Anonymousreply 17October 6, 2024 4:00 AM

*NAACP and Wimbledon

by Anonymousreply 18October 6, 2024 4:12 AM

Our very own Earl Holliman in Gunsmoke!

by Anonymousreply 19October 6, 2024 4:14 AM

Tom Snyder always has great guests. And definitely watching The Rehearsal.

by Anonymousreply 20October 6, 2024 4:24 AM

June 29, 1981 was a Monday. I was at NYU at the time but of course this was summertime. I had a night job and probably didn’t get home until about 12:30am.

What I typically watched was David Letterman, then the Mare-athon (three episodes of the MTM Show and then the three eps of Bob Newhart. I’m not sure what I would have watched in 1981, though, because Letterman didn’t start until late winter of 1982.

by Anonymousreply 21October 6, 2024 4:57 AM

What location is this? Lots of different markets overlap it seams. In NYC, each network had only one station unless you counted the Long Island PBS.

by Anonymousreply 22October 6, 2024 5:15 AM

Wimbledon commentator, Billie Jean King, had just come out the month before in May 1981.

by Anonymousreply 23October 6, 2024 5:23 AM

Santa Bárbara?

by Anonymousreply 24October 6, 2024 5:27 AM

For the PBS types, "The Ambassadors" looks promising. It's part of the "BBC Play of the Month" series where they broadcast a filmed version of a stage play.

Seeing David Huffman's name listed as one of the actors reminds me that he was murdered by a 16-year old in San Diego in a violent attack just four years later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 6, 2024 5:46 AM

[Quote] What location is this? Lots of different markets overlap it seams. In NYC, each network had only one station unless you counted the Long Island PBS.

I actually can’t tell. I collect issues of the French surrealist magazine Minotaure and purchased one a few months ago. The seller padded the package with assorted, very old pages from magazines and newspapers. This page from TV Guide was in there.

by Anonymousreply 26October 6, 2024 6:12 AM

Not :Free to Choose since Friedman fabricated much of the data he used to prove inflation was caused by the money supply. It does have a role of course but he was an ideologue not a true academic

by Anonymousreply 27October 6, 2024 6:31 AM

R23, that's a nice bit of revisionist history, but Billie Jean King did NOT come out at any point in 1981. She did however, admit to a one time homosexual relationship with Marilyn Barnett, who was suing her for palimony. She went on to say that she was straight, was happily married to her husband Larry and they were hoping to have/adopt a child. She and Larry would not divorce for another seven years and she would not come out as a lesbian until the early 2000s. Billie Jean was a trailblazer for the feminist movement, but she was not a trailblazer for the gay and lesbian movement.

Martina Navratilova on the other hand DID come out in 1981, as bisexual, yes, and in an interview that she thought was 'off the record,' still she never backed down from it and had already been living openly with Rita Mae Brown for a couplle of years. In fact it was the aforementioned BJK who cautioned Martina about being so public about her relationship with Brown

by Anonymousreply 28October 6, 2024 6:56 AM

How could I have gotten to be the age I am without ever having seen Telly Savalas co-starring with Dame Edith Evans in "Crooks and Coronets"? Or without ever having heard of it?

by Anonymousreply 29October 6, 2024 7:05 AM

I loved women's tennis more than men's, and I knew King, Navratilova and Virginia Wade were all gay and it never bothered me. The main women's sponsors at the time, Avon and Toyota were freaked out. Chris Evert wrote an article defending BJK in World Tennis that more or less outed her.

by Anonymousreply 30October 6, 2024 7:06 AM

John Astin, playing a business executive who wants to be a beachcomber on "Fantasy Island," is still with us at 94.

by Anonymousreply 31October 6, 2024 7:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!