Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I am not buying this- but is this Burberry Sweater ugly as FUCK?

I really like it and I am tempted.

I would generally just wear an old graphic t shirt underneath and wear it unbottoned.

I just like it.

It's last season Burberry and I know its bougie. I don't want to be like that idiot chick on Succession with the Burberry bag.

Burberry is struggling hardcore and I like them and have always been obsessed with England!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 6, 2024 3:45 AM

This is a better photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 6, 2024 12:13 AM

It's not ugly but it's not for everyone. Hopefully you know if it's for you.

by Anonymousreply 2October 6, 2024 12:13 AM

I think it looks nice but my taste is questionable.

by Anonymousreply 3October 6, 2024 12:14 AM

It's beautiful

by Anonymousreply 4October 6, 2024 12:16 AM

It is nice, but it is not $1003.10 nice.

by Anonymousreply 5October 6, 2024 12:19 AM

You’re not getting it, OP. They don’t come in 6xl and that’s an unflattering pattern for a woman as hefty as you. Try Dress Barn or Lane Bryant. They might have a kicky cardigan to wear over your muumuu.

by Anonymousreply 6October 6, 2024 12:21 AM

R5- I can get it for 680 at another site... It will never go lower than that. I am tempted!!! You little fucker R6- I am a medium (or a large in Burberry) and a dashing old man of almost 45.

by Anonymousreply 7October 6, 2024 12:22 AM

It's an unattractive color, shape and pattern.

For $1000 I would want something to make a statement and people to comment on in a good way - not scrunch their face and say, what is that?

by Anonymousreply 8October 6, 2024 12:25 AM

SHIT R8- I have been eyeing Elder Statesman and The Row too... The Row is classic but HELLA BORING.

by Anonymousreply 9October 6, 2024 12:30 AM

If you have a mansion, horses, and a private plane to go with it you’ll hear nothing but compliments.

by Anonymousreply 10October 6, 2024 12:31 AM

It's alright. It's not worth more than $49.99.

by Anonymousreply 11October 6, 2024 12:31 AM

That’s what my mother used to describe as “so ugly it’s nice”.

At first glance you think it’s ugly, but upon closer examination you think, you know, that’s actually kinda nice.

Well, it made sense to my mother.

by Anonymousreply 12October 6, 2024 12:35 AM

“La kwa dahling….”

by Anonymousreply 13October 6, 2024 12:35 AM

It will look shitty on anyone over 50 and anyone with grey hair.

by Anonymousreply 14October 6, 2024 12:44 AM

If you wear it with a nice string of pearls I'm sure it would look lovely on you, dear.

by Anonymousreply 15October 6, 2024 12:46 AM

I would never wear this in public, btw- It would just be for me!

R10- No- Nothing. I had a Porsche Cayenne once and traded it in for a Q5 because it made me look far richer than I would ever be.

by Anonymousreply 16October 6, 2024 12:48 AM

Id imagine that being what a designer preppy straitjacket would resemble, actually.

by Anonymousreply 17October 6, 2024 12:48 AM

^I’d

by Anonymousreply 18October 6, 2024 12:49 AM

Tina, darling- I wanted it as my only Christmas gift. Well, the one that I could keep (If I liked it best)

You ungrateful cunt.

by Anonymousreply 19October 6, 2024 12:52 AM

Wear it with. denim gauchos and lace-up espadrilles. You'll look great.

by Anonymousreply 20October 6, 2024 12:57 AM

R20- No. I don't even know what those are! I wear Visvim boots.

by Anonymousreply 21October 6, 2024 12:59 AM

On closer glance you would say, gee that's really poorly designed for a Burberry. The front closure is really shoddy and it looks like a bad imitation at best.

by Anonymousreply 22October 6, 2024 1:07 AM

R22 That is kind of the vibe with the new designer. (Burberry is tanking- big time) I dont know..

by Anonymousreply 23October 6, 2024 1:09 AM

Were I rich and better built, I’d be all over it. I love it for someone who isn’t me.

by Anonymousreply 24October 6, 2024 1:10 AM

Burberry makes a supurb trench.

by Anonymousreply 25October 6, 2024 1:10 AM

Burberry fashion business is going down the drain. Nobody is buying.

by Anonymousreply 26October 6, 2024 1:12 AM

It’s fucking ugly. It’s expensive. It’s especially expensive for something that’s fugly and is constructed of 22% petroleum product.

It’ll sell huge in China.

by Anonymousreply 27October 6, 2024 1:14 AM

R27 this is where your ignorance shows. Luxury brands are tanking in China. They aren't buying. The consumers there are NOT stupid and they know the value of products since they make them. They are not suckers.

by Anonymousreply 28October 6, 2024 1:16 AM

R26- I know-- It makes me sad actually.

I could start a thread about Virgil's Off-White being sold off and its soon to be in Marshalls/TJ. MAXX

by Anonymousreply 29October 6, 2024 1:16 AM

R28- You are right--- Luxury is tanking in China overall. And luxury needs China...Even LVMH is struggling- I just mentioned these fuckers selling off Off-White (on Virgils birthday no less!) And Hedi left Celine because they would not pay him- AFTER he actually met their goals!!!

R28- Are there brands right now exceeding goals? Like Dior possibly? - I am truly curious and should probably just google.

(I suspect The Row is killing it)

by Anonymousreply 30October 6, 2024 1:20 AM

The steady one is Hermes. Most global luxury brands are heading into deep doodoo because they became way overpriced fast fashion companies. Athletic and leisure wear is the future. Adidas and Nike are growing in Asia.

OP if you want an English sweater, buy a traditional knit made in England by a small brand or an artisan.

by Anonymousreply 31October 6, 2024 1:29 AM

Hermes.. of course.. I was checking recently to see if they make a toiletry kit- they are all nylon, For nylon, I would buy Prada- at least there is the Re-Nylon shit that they do....

You know who I love? these folks- Tenderstores- UK

and HOLY FUCK--- Their website is closed and says they will soon be coming from PENNSYLVANIA????? WTF???

Is Engineered Garments from the UK? I love them too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 6, 2024 1:40 AM

I have a botegga toiletry kit that Lehman Bros gave me in the 80s. It's indestructible leather of some sort from back when lux meant lux. Hell all my lux shoes from the 80s are in fine shape. And a couple bags, too.

by Anonymousreply 33October 6, 2024 1:46 AM

R33- NICE. You are all killing me tonight, I want a Bottega backpack. And I have been looking at Bottega vintage Dopp kits(Toiletry bags)

by Anonymousreply 34October 6, 2024 1:52 AM

OP: Burberry? You an old chav, or some-fink?

by Anonymousreply 35October 6, 2024 1:56 AM

Yes and chavs love Burberry

by Anonymousreply 36October 6, 2024 1:56 AM

I love being called a CHAV! I am UK obsessed and this Oasis reunion has me fucking bananas.

by Anonymousreply 37October 6, 2024 1:58 AM

Here’s the link…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 6, 2024 1:58 AM

I don't think you should encourage your own FOMO about these degraded former lux brands. Luxury commodities are now a game that should only be played by people with absolute money to burn. Unsolicited advice. Put your money into quality items where the price is related to the quality of the materials and workmanship. This is mostly NOT in global luxury brands in the 2020s. You missed the boat on this.

by Anonymousreply 39October 6, 2024 1:58 AM

R28 I guess that I’ll just have to live with the knowledge that I’ve been called out by you on my ignorance of what cashed up Chinese peasants will pay for.

For every one of these items, 99 will already have been siphoned off by the factory manager in the Pearl River Delta and be on sale as knock-offs in Lo Wu Commercial City for 20% of retail.

Having lived there I’m pretty well informed.

by Anonymousreply 40October 6, 2024 2:00 AM

R37 Dataloungers of a certain ilk have just discovered “chav”. They have no idea what it means but they love using it.

by Anonymousreply 41October 6, 2024 2:02 AM

🤣🤣! OP, it is ugly. Who'd wear that?

by Anonymousreply 42October 6, 2024 2:05 AM

OP here. I think Hermes, Bottega, and The Row are really the only fuckers worth anything at this point... (I most prefer Japanese designers- Kapital and Visvim, and. Yasuhiro---anyway- as well as an unknown brand called Nonnative..

May I interest you in Il Bisonte?

I really like this as a toiletry bag- its reasonable, understated, and masculine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 6, 2024 2:09 AM

R42- Your response with the nasty emojis has me angry as FUCK and also laughing my ass off!!!

You , my friend, are a little CUNT!

I love that sweater! I am debating doing a pay in 4 installments on Paypal! LOL

by Anonymousreply 44October 6, 2024 2:11 AM

Don't do it. The dopamine will evaporate in 15 minutes. Buy a sweater you can afford.

by Anonymousreply 45October 6, 2024 2:17 AM

Unattractive

by Anonymousreply 46October 6, 2024 3:14 AM

It's for suburban frau who want to advertise they're wearing Burberry.

This is the best thing to come out of Burberry in years:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 6, 2024 3:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!