Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lasagna

Lasagna is nice so I’ll say it thrice.

Lasagna is nice!

Lasagna is nice!

Lasagna is nice!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 6, 2024 6:25 AM

Lasagna is so good! Lasagna is so good! Lasagna is good!

by Anonymousreply 1October 5, 2024 9:34 PM

You sound fat.

by Anonymousreply 2October 5, 2024 9:36 PM

Lushagnghgh

by Anonymousreply 3October 5, 2024 9:37 PM

I occasionally watch youtube videos with recipes - I like Chef John on Food Wishes as well as a few queens regularly discussed on DL.

Therefore, youtube offers me random other cooking videos.

I recently saw a video with a woman making a lasagna in a bundt pan - it was both horrifying and fascinating in equal measures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 5, 2024 9:39 PM

I LOVE LASAGNA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 5, 2024 9:40 PM

Can OP count??

by Anonymousreply 6October 5, 2024 9:41 PM

Can you r6? Didn’t think so.

by Anonymousreply 7October 5, 2024 9:54 PM

Garfield ❤️ lasagna

by Anonymousreply 8October 5, 2024 9:54 PM

"I'll say it thrice?!?!"

by Anonymousreply 9October 5, 2024 9:58 PM

OP, do you have an archived version of that recipe since it's paywalled, even for regular NYT subscribers...?

by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2024 10:03 PM

There's nothing I like more than lasagne, especially lasagne alla Bolognese.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 5, 2024 10:09 PM

Bechamel or ricotta????

by Anonymousreply 12October 5, 2024 10:13 PM

Lasagna is so good to me

by Anonymousreply 13October 5, 2024 10:15 PM

Thank you R11. That was interesting. I've never made lasagne from scratch. I've never used spinach either. I just make regular lasagne and use the dried lasagne noodles and make it using mozzarella, ricotta, and cottage cheese. It always turns out well, but one day I'll try making from scratch. I'd like to make gnocchi, too.

by Anonymousreply 14October 5, 2024 10:18 PM

My kind of thread!

by Anonymousreply 15October 5, 2024 10:22 PM

[quote]Bechamel or ricotta????

This is DL, so the answer is probably cottage cheese.

by Anonymousreply 16October 5, 2024 10:42 PM

EAT. MEAT.

by Anonymousreply 17October 5, 2024 10:42 PM

[quote]Bechamel or ricotta????

Bechamel

by Anonymousreply 18October 5, 2024 10:43 PM

I can't stand Chef John's voice. I also can't stand how, when his dish is done, he digs into everything with the side of a fork. Use a knife, sometimes, dummy.

by Anonymousreply 19October 5, 2024 10:47 PM

Lazy nonna chow.

How hard is it?

Noodles, cheese, red gravy. Done.

by Anonymousreply 20October 5, 2024 10:54 PM

Who enjoys veggie lasagna? I like it either with red sauce or cream sauce. Mushroom lasagna sounds so good right now. Or I could just be a fat whore and get the 3 pound tray from Costco which is also good for frozen.

by Anonymousreply 21October 5, 2024 11:12 PM

I don't think it's that easy to make. You have to have the right amount of moisture. You don't want it too wet. You don't want the lasagne noodles to be waterlogged.

If you want to make a really good lasagne, you're going to spend time on preparing each of the components.

by Anonymousreply 22October 5, 2024 11:22 PM

If anybody knows of a decent low fat lasagna, please post it. One to buy, not one to make, as I'm a lousy cook. One thing I really miss since going on statins and watching cholesterol are dishes like lasagna and fettuccini alfredo.

by Anonymousreply 23October 5, 2024 11:33 PM

R7: The OP states "lasagna is nice" FOUR times. He didn't say, "I'll say it thrice more." The words are there four times.

by Anonymousreply 24October 5, 2024 11:38 PM

Can’t stand the texture of cottage cheese.

by Anonymousreply 25October 5, 2024 11:49 PM

How about a nice pastitsio?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 5, 2024 11:54 PM

[quote]If anybody knows of a decent low fat lasagna

Why would you want a low fat lasagne? It's not something you eat often.

by Anonymousreply 27October 6, 2024 12:05 AM

R26 That is so good. I wish they had a frozen one. They had one long ago but it’s just work to make if you can’t get it close by at a Greek restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 28October 6, 2024 12:09 AM

Guinea chow

They even drain the noodles sometimes

by Anonymousreply 29October 6, 2024 12:12 AM

People who spell it with an -e also order very expensive wine at restaurants speaking very loudly so other guests will hear that they did.

by Anonymousreply 30October 6, 2024 12:14 AM

R30 I'm Italian. I speak the language correctly.

by Anonymousreply 31October 6, 2024 12:52 AM

I like lasagna to be 7 layers with geometric dimensions that are absolutely perfect and firm. Mine is incorporated with my homemade concrete.

by Anonymousreply 32October 6, 2024 1:08 AM

^Martha

by Anonymousreply 33October 6, 2024 1:09 AM

Lasagna can be good as long as you put hard boiled eggs in it. That’s the flava!

by Anonymousreply 34October 6, 2024 1:15 AM

r32=The Anal Retentive Chef

by Anonymousreply 35October 6, 2024 1:50 AM

Here ya go, R10

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 6, 2024 2:05 AM

The Bolognese one tastes kinda like chili cheese sauce to me.

by Anonymousreply 37October 6, 2024 2:20 AM

Bless you, r36

by Anonymousreply 38October 6, 2024 2:50 AM

Another vote for lasagne over lasagna. Even the Brits get it right - but it's just too hard for most of us here in Murica.

by Anonymousreply 39October 6, 2024 2:54 AM

Lasagna = one sheet of pasta

Lasagne = more than one sheet of pasta

by Anonymousreply 40October 6, 2024 3:03 AM

[quote]Bechamel or ricotta?

Ricotta. I know some will claim it not authentic but that's not actually true. My father is from Calabria and they do in fact use ricotta in some parts of southern Italy where most Italian immigrants in the US came from. Bechemel is really a northern thing like you would get in Rome and basically most of Italy.

Also, from Calabria, they add chopped boiled eggs, sometimes meatballs with tomato sauce and sometimes salami or even mild sausage. The meatballs sort of replace the bolognese. So it's generally more meaty with a lot of flavor instead of the norther kind with 15 layers of pasta and bechamel, hardly a spoon full of meat sauce.

by Anonymousreply 41October 6, 2024 3:53 AM

Lasagna, Lasagna, you’ve got style!

by Anonymousreply 42October 6, 2024 4:11 AM

[quote]So it's generally more meaty with a lot of flavor instead of the norther kind with 15 layers of pasta

R41 The classic Italian lasagne you are talking about with besciamella is traditionally 5 layers of pasta.

I also like the Southern Italian version but it is quite involved and is really reserved for Carnevale. You'll instead find the besciamella version all over Italy.

by Anonymousreply 43October 6, 2024 4:19 AM

Yes, I know that, but the Carnevale is mostly what Italians brought to American and then morphed into what Americans think of as classic lasagne. I was joking about the 15 layers with the other kind. My point is Americans like all the filling and not so much pasta that is more common in most of Italy. And back then, ricotta was hard to find so some non-Italians just substituted cottage cheese. Which is absolutely gross. But I still like Carnevale style.

by Anonymousreply 44October 6, 2024 4:25 AM

[quote]But I still like Carnevale style.

Well, one of these days I'll attempt to make it. Some long winter weekend.

by Anonymousreply 45October 6, 2024 4:32 AM

Problem is most ricotta you find in American supermarkets is grainy and tasteless. I can see why people go for cottage cheese instead.

by Anonymousreply 46October 6, 2024 5:44 AM

Maybe that's my problem with ricotta cheese (American here). I've never had a good iteration of it. It does seem grainy and meh.

And I generally love all kinds of cheese, including mild cheeses like fresh mozzarella.

by Anonymousreply 47October 6, 2024 5:51 AM

I looked for the recipe to no avail, but there is a vegetarian lasagna, made as any classic lasagna except using cooked pumpkin and Taleggio cheese. So delicious.

I grow and make my own San Marzano tomato sauce so that's what I use in the recipe. Divine.

by Anonymousreply 48October 6, 2024 6:08 AM

An Italian-American version

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 6, 2024 6:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!