Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Reddit: Who is the rudest celeb you have ever met? What happened?

A great thread that had my reading for hours. Tommy Lee Jones and Jared Leto come up with unsurprising regularity. Some, like Shaq have severe swings in reactions, some calling him the greatest, most friendly and others hating him. Michael Jordan and Kobe are not favorites either. This is a one of the best posts I've ever read on Musk:

Elon Musk. He stayed at a mountain resort that I worked at in 2018 . He was luckily only there for 3 days but he was an utter terror the entire time he was there.

He refused to be checked in at the reception area and demanded a private check in at his cabin which is fine but we ask ahead of time so we can staff properly for the later arrivals.

He asked for the youngest female concierge on staff to be sent to the check in with nobody else for "security" reasons. I took the check in myself instead of sending the 19 year old and took the largest and oldest driver I could find for security reasons.

He wanted the personal cell phone numbers for all female concierge staff. I said that is against out policy and set him up with the resort app so he could contact whoever was on duty for a prompt answer.

He harassed every single female employee so nastily that by the time he had been there for 12 hours every department switched him to only male staff. He didn't tip any of the wait staff or guides for any activities. He booked a private horseback ride that a wrangler was brought in specially for the day and then refused to go because he didn't like the colors of any of the horses available , and he wanted to ride a really "butch and muscular" horse. He meant a draft horse, which we had for pulling wagons but none for riding.

He also had insane demands. He wanted a 80 year old beautiful ponderosa pine cut down because he didn't like how the light hit it at sunset. He wanted shock collars put on the squirrels to stop them from being too loud. And he wanted us to trap a grizzly bear and bring it to his cabin for a few hours so he could take pictures and study it.

He was the rudest, stupidest and most arrogant POS I have ever encountered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 6, 2024 6:07 AM

If I wanted to be on reddit, I would be on reddit.

by Anonymousreply 1October 5, 2024 7:23 PM

Ruth McDevitt hit me in the head with a fondue pot.

by Anonymousreply 2October 5, 2024 7:24 PM

I want to believe the post about Musk, but I don't at all.

by Anonymousreply 3October 5, 2024 7:28 PM

Ellen

by Anonymousreply 4October 5, 2024 7:31 PM

I think the last paragraph reveals the person was just trolling.

by Anonymousreply 5October 5, 2024 7:32 PM

Timothee Chalamet. More people are now coming forward with on-set horror stories.

by Anonymousreply 6October 5, 2024 7:32 PM

i've delivered things to disgraced streamer drdisrespect many times. his house is really ugly. he's polite but has an aloof attitude.

by Anonymousreply 7October 5, 2024 7:35 PM

Meryl Streep. She's been torturing me forever. 😭😭😭 YES I KNOW I'LL NEVER BEAT YOUR 21 OSCAR NOMINATIONS!!! Why must you be so harsh???

by Anonymousreply 8October 5, 2024 7:36 PM

Does Elon Musk count as a "celebrity"? I'm more inclined to stick with tyrant-enabler. (This also goes well beyond mere "rudeness" into BPD and massive entitlement syndromes.)

Btw Deuxmoi has endless asshole-celeb tales in their IG stories. Anthony Mackie somehow gets mentioned a lot, and considering he's assuming the helm of one of Marvel's most successful franchises in a few months, his asshole attitude doesn't seem like it'll play well with the media.

by Anonymousreply 9October 5, 2024 7:41 PM

One of the comments on there is about Jared Leto hitting on a 16-year-old girl

He sounds like a pig

Reddit can be awful but that thread is juicy! There's a lot of stories about Bill Cosby and Diddy, too

by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2024 7:48 PM

Mabel Albertson kicked me in the balls when I asked her who she thought was the better Darrin.

by Anonymousreply 11October 5, 2024 7:53 PM

On Deuxmoi currently there are photos of Gigi Hadid with highly noticeable alcoholic bloatface. She looks 58 years old.

by Anonymousreply 12October 5, 2024 7:53 PM

Reddit has some good threads about personal encounters with celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 13October 5, 2024 7:56 PM

I love stories about celebrities being assholes.

by Anonymousreply 14October 5, 2024 8:01 PM

Barbara Mandrell. When I was in High School I worked at a farm who delivered hay to her horses. You couldn't look or talk to her and had to walk with your head down. Someone forgot her golden rules and looked at her All hell broke lose.

by Anonymousreply 15October 5, 2024 8:09 PM

The Mary Berry citation didn’t surprise me in the least… I always knew that behind that kindly grandmother persona, there’s something rancid.

by Anonymousreply 16October 5, 2024 8:18 PM

The reason I believe so many of these stories is because they're coming from service people. Celebrities are notoriously rude to servers. But a lot of the posters also cite celebrities being rude to kids, which is a real negative, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 17October 5, 2024 8:21 PM

r16 I'm pretty sure Mary Berry still has slaves.

by Anonymousreply 18October 5, 2024 8:22 PM

John Wilkes Booth. He shot my husband. Stone cold dead.

by Anonymousreply 19October 5, 2024 8:24 PM

But is he a celebrity, Mary Todd?

by Anonymousreply 20October 5, 2024 8:32 PM

That's a good Reddit thread.

Anyway, disappointed about Mary Berry.

The NBA (basketball) players sound awful, as a whole. I am betting Charles Barkley would not be rude, though. He seems like a cool guy.

by Anonymousreply 21October 5, 2024 8:37 PM

Bill Murray is looking pretty good in this Reddit thread. I'm surprised.

by Anonymousreply 22October 5, 2024 8:40 PM

Wow! Reddit is just like DL! Posters putting blind items.

by Anonymousreply 23October 5, 2024 8:41 PM

Thank you OP, I also use Reddit and that thread is good reading. So many horror stories about encounters with Bill Cosby, way before the criminal charges. What a miserable SOB.

by Anonymousreply 24October 5, 2024 8:43 PM

r20, you were supposed to say "but did you enjoy the celebrity, Mrs. Lincoln?".

by Anonymousreply 25October 5, 2024 8:45 PM

Who was complaining about Mary Berry? Some soggy bottom I assume.

by Anonymousreply 26October 5, 2024 8:45 PM

what about celebs who have an unfair reputation? i think axl rose is nicer than he gets credit for. all his so called diva walk offs were really about gross security failures, he was devastated when fans died at a show very early in their career. always been sweet to fans from what i hear and read. i'm skeptical about gossip from bitter roadies who are mostly ex-cons and drug addict losers who probably got fired for being idiot degenerates. the worst story i've heard is that he refused to go on stage until he finished watching teenage mutant ninja turtles 2 in his hotel room.

by Anonymousreply 27October 5, 2024 8:45 PM

Does me looking in my mirror count?

Like, now, as I'm texting.

by Anonymousreply 28October 5, 2024 8:48 PM

Not surprising that Elon the Trump ass licker treats women like garbage.

by Anonymousreply 29October 5, 2024 8:49 PM

btw i wonder if kanye had some kind of brain injury or serious change from drug use - before yeezus came out when these threads would pop up on reddit he came up all the time as someone who went out of his way to treat crew members, service workers, etc. very well and generously.

by Anonymousreply 30October 5, 2024 8:50 PM

Because of my job in NYC back in the 90s/00s, I met a slew of celebrities and honestly 99% were really decent people. I supposed Jeanne Garofalo was the most rude, but all she did was look angry when I spoke with her handler about details for that night's performance. Oh, and perhaps most bizarre was Winona Ryder who I passed walking down a quiet street in the west village during a less-than-famous stage of her career. We passed each other and I looked at her to be sure that's who she was and when she noticed me, inches away, her hand shot up to cover her profile. But then again, Winona isn't best known for her mental wellness. Oh, and Barry Manilow was pissy and aloof but his handler (husband) was very nice.

A friend of mine had a funny story about Tina Louise (of which, I'm sure, there are legion) . He was house managing at a well known OB house and when the doors opened (with assigned seats) Tina bolted and pushed others out of the way to get in. Some older man said something and she turned around and said, "Please, it's not like you're not going to get in."

by Anonymousreply 31October 5, 2024 8:59 PM

R27 Do capital letters cost extra?

by Anonymousreply 32October 5, 2024 9:07 PM

Dixie Carter once threw a handful of ball bearings onto the floor as I was just about to step down a long flight of stairs. I might have fallen and chipped a tooth!

by Anonymousreply 33October 5, 2024 9:08 PM

Alan Rickman, Janelle Monae

by Anonymousreply 34October 5, 2024 9:13 PM

R32 the shift key is broken on my keyboard and i also don't give a fuck about whiny pedantic prescriptivists who think shitpost comments on a gossip forum are formal letters or whatever. eat my shit bitch.

by Anonymousreply 35October 6, 2024 12:39 AM

Lucy

by Anonymousreply 36October 6, 2024 2:45 AM

I have always thought there was something phony baloney about Janelle Monae.

by Anonymousreply 37October 6, 2024 3:58 AM

R35, if your shift key were broken you would not have been able to leave a "?" in your original post. You also would not be able to quote R32 because you need to use a capital "R" in order to quote a full post.

Do better.

by Anonymousreply 38October 6, 2024 4:19 AM

Dame Julie Andrews once shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

by Anonymousreply 39October 6, 2024 4:25 AM

[quote][R32] the shift key is broken on my keyboard and i also don't give a fuck about whiny pedantic prescriptivists who think shitpost comments on a gossip forum are formal letters or whatever.

Then you won't mind if we Ignore your posts!

by Anonymousreply 40October 6, 2024 4:27 AM

R27 = Axl's publicist's secretary working a weekend shift.

by Anonymousreply 41October 6, 2024 4:29 AM

R40 not at all please do block me shithead loser

by Anonymousreply 42October 6, 2024 4:40 AM

[quote]r38 You also would not be able to quote [R32] because you need to use a capital "R" in order to quote a full post. Do better.

You can use a lower case ‘r’ when you’re quoting a reply number. The system will turn it into a capital ‘r’ when it displays.

Try it!

by Anonymousreply 43October 6, 2024 5:25 AM

r43, let's see.

by Anonymousreply 44October 6, 2024 5:30 AM

You are correct, r43!

by Anonymousreply 45October 6, 2024 5:32 AM

r1

by Anonymousreply 46October 6, 2024 5:37 AM

zzzzz r1

by Anonymousreply 47October 6, 2024 5:37 AM

Della Reese. A cunt on steroids.

by Anonymousreply 48October 6, 2024 5:59 AM

R42 ooooh tetchy, tetchy!

by Anonymousreply 49October 6, 2024 6:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!