Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Florida: “DAMN DAMN DAMN!”

Hurricane Milton projected to hit as a category 2. Storm could cover entire length of state, stretching from the Keys to Tallahasse at its apex.

The danger of a storm this big is rain. The flooding for this may be devastating, as all outlets to the sea on the entire Florida peninsula would be inundated with an immense about of rain at the same time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 6, 2024 6:07 AM

I refuse to be frightened by something named Milton.

by Anonymousreply 1October 5, 2024 6:15 PM

Stand back and stand by!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 5, 2024 6:17 PM

Do the Democrats have no shame?

by Anonymousreply 3October 5, 2024 6:19 PM

Milton? They can't be that desperate for names.

by Anonymousreply 4October 5, 2024 6:19 PM

Where the uck is it coming from? Is Texas sending weather bombs to Florida?

by Anonymousreply 5October 5, 2024 6:31 PM

Oh, fuck -- here we go again.

Looks to be hitting Tampa Bay (my poor father!) at a Cat. 2, and that's no fun. And it's almost certain that this will blow over my county.

On top of my worries about the election, now I have to worry about [italic]this[/italic] ?

Bah.

by Anonymousreply 6October 5, 2024 7:42 PM

I believe you have my stapler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 5, 2024 7:43 PM

It’s official—TS Milton has been named!

by Anonymousreply 8October 5, 2024 8:17 PM

Couldn’t even make it to r2?

by Anonymousreply 9October 5, 2024 8:17 PM

oh, MILTON!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2024 8:29 PM

Now projected to be a major Cat 3 at landfall. Tampa is in the center of the cone.

by Anonymousreply 11October 5, 2024 9:08 PM

Listen Large Marge, if we could control the weather Trump would have been struck by lightning a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 12October 5, 2024 9:17 PM

Time for Trump's Magic Sharpie!

by Anonymousreply 13October 5, 2024 9:42 PM

Has there been a Bradley yet?

by Anonymousreply 14October 5, 2024 9:46 PM

They should have named it MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 15October 5, 2024 9:48 PM

Milton packs quite a surprise, Florida!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 5, 2024 9:52 PM

R16 bad link?

by Anonymousreply 17October 5, 2024 9:53 PM

linky stinkie

by Anonymousreply 18October 5, 2024 9:53 PM

miss God apparently hates Tampa-St Pete

she be cuttin a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 19October 5, 2024 9:57 PM

Sorry. If you're good, you can try this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 5, 2024 9:58 PM

Hmm. The local meteos in Tampa are saying secure property Sunday and be prepared to evacuate the area Monday.

Tampa-area DLers, be safe!

by Anonymousreply 21October 5, 2024 10:13 PM

I have a former friend who lives in Tampa. I hope it blows her house over like a stack of cards.

by Anonymousreply 22October 5, 2024 10:28 PM

Doom dahling!

by Anonymousreply 23October 5, 2024 10:32 PM

Good luck, floriduh

by Anonymousreply 24October 5, 2024 10:34 PM

@R22

I'm guessing you're not still in touch?

by Anonymousreply 25October 5, 2024 10:41 PM

It’s what she deserves.

Desantis can only hold off insurance cancellations for just so long.

Once all the insurance companies flee the state, the real estate speculators will be the next to leave, and home values will plummet. Homes have been overpriced for a decade (I sold my late father’s home for crazy $$$ in ‘18).

The confluence of events will make post-2008 look like a cakewalk.

Florida Eldergays, call Tom Selleck and get you reverse mortgages tonight and prepare to stay put until Kingdom Come!

by Anonymousreply 26October 5, 2024 11:02 PM

Milty, you need to quit it this instant!

by Anonymousreply 27October 5, 2024 11:19 PM

I'm going to watch the weather tomorrow morning when presumably they'll have narrowed down the path a little. If it's still headed my way, I swear I'm gonna drive to Texas. Hopefully, I-75 N and I-10 W aren't too badly blocked by debris.

If I could afford to relocate to some place I actually want to live (CA), I'd have been gone long ago.

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 28October 5, 2024 11:20 PM

[quote] Milton packs quite a surprise, Florida!

I was almost ready to post: "This post is useless without pictures." Which I should've, given that R16's link sucks.

by Anonymousreply 29October 5, 2024 11:22 PM

I'm hoping it does major damage to shithole Florida.

by Anonymousreply 30October 5, 2024 11:31 PM

Everybody say bye-bye to homeowner's insurance.

And/or FEMA.

by Anonymousreply 31October 5, 2024 11:33 PM

Senior Lesbian, I feel your pain. Are you still living in the Ocala forest? I am still in Leesburg. We can only hope the storm decides to go over Miami, otherwise the rest of Florida is doomed to have the worst hurricane year since.... forever? Well, perhaps, 2004.

by Anonymousreply 32October 5, 2024 11:37 PM

Why can't Mar-a-Lago sustain a direct hit? During a Trump family reunion.

by Anonymousreply 33October 5, 2024 11:45 PM

Tallulah and SL, hoping you are both safe.

Bad Memories of 2005.

by Anonymousreply 34October 5, 2024 11:54 PM

Thank you ElderLez. You are so kind. If this storm turns into a CAT 4 or 5 and dumping on this rain soaked state, I don't know what many will do? I must say that DeSantis did really well with this last storm in preparations, responding and help, that I almost forgot he is a MAGA. But, another super-storm on top of the last is too much to comprehend or bear. Especially, with the thought of home insurance rates next year. Oy!

by Anonymousreply 35October 6, 2024 12:14 AM

How did we get from Helene to Milton so quickly? Are they no longer going in alphabetical order?

by Anonymousreply 36October 6, 2024 12:21 AM

Clearly, this is God’s revenge on those who refuse to help immigrants.

by Anonymousreply 37October 6, 2024 12:23 AM

What about the pythons and gators?

by Anonymousreply 38October 6, 2024 12:24 AM

This is clearly the earth's revenge for not taking care of it. If you buy a brand new car and then never change the oil, or do routine maintenance it is eventually going to break. Why people thought that the earth would just keep giving and giving and giving without any maintenance is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 39October 6, 2024 12:30 AM

How do you propose that we have Earth's tires rotated, r39?

by Anonymousreply 40October 6, 2024 12:35 AM

you have to clean them first

by Anonymousreply 41October 6, 2024 12:37 AM

[quote] The confluence of events will make post-2008 look like a cakewalk.

Wouldn’t the collapse of real estate in Florida be good for values elsewhere? All the people abandoning the state need to go somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 42October 6, 2024 12:50 AM

Thank you for posting that video with him. …What hurricane??!

by Anonymousreply 43October 6, 2024 12:58 AM

Tallulah @ R32, I was trying to remember your moniker just the other day when we were discussing Helene here, because I wondered how you had fared. I take it you made it though OK with your property intact.

I was very lucky with that storm; it only clipped my place at 61 mph. But I don't know if my raggedy old place would survive a Cat 2. I've been unsuccessful at finding an updating map with the latest spaghetti models, but I did find a good map of the clouds pictured from a satellite on the Windows weather site.

The other thing I was looking for was a traffic/damage map for the interstates to see which ones are open. I've driven up I-75 to I-10 more than a few times, but I remember that once, after a hurricane, I-10 had quite a bit of debris which I was able to circumvent on my motorcycle. But I figure that, if I leave here, the only way to go is west and then north -- that is, if I decide to go. I'll have to take my motorcycle on the back of the truck (which I'll need help to load) and my poor little old dog.

Plus, fucking useless Marion County hasn't even listed an evacuation place yet. I stayed at a relatively close high school the one time I did have to evacuate with my dog, but the one they have posted now (for Helene) is quite a ways on the other side of the county. And Marion is a big county.

Fuck. I'm just not ready for all this again -- plus I'm worried about my 88-year-old father, who lives in St. Pete and now has "walking pneumonia" from his efforts, and loss of power and water during Helene. It looks like they'll be taking a direct hit.

Keep in touch. I'll be checking this thread.

by Anonymousreply 44October 6, 2024 1:38 AM

At a certain point, areas of Florida will need to be abandoned. Let mother nature reclaim those areas.

by Anonymousreply 45October 6, 2024 1:39 AM

But I'm dead in the center!! Nowhere near any water!

This shit sucks.

by Anonymousreply 46October 6, 2024 1:41 AM

The problem in Florida are the insurance companies as they don’t want people to build houses the way they do it in Cuba and Puerto Rico.

by Anonymousreply 47October 6, 2024 1:43 AM

Senior Lez, outer Palm Springs is somewhat affordable.

Hubs and I are retiring there.

by Anonymousreply 48October 6, 2024 2:24 AM

Your idea of affordable and mine are probably quite disparate, R48, but thanks for the thought.

by Anonymousreply 49October 6, 2024 2:59 AM

Heading straight for areas already obliterated by Helene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 6, 2024 5:55 AM

Are you suggesting they’re in cahoots?

by Anonymousreply 51October 6, 2024 6:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!