Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Demographic decline: Greece faces alarming population collapse

Empty villages, disillusioned young workers, and government officials scrambling for solutions: this is the stark reality Euronews uncovered in Greece, where the country is bracing for a major population collapse fueled by plummeting numbers of births, mass emigration, and low fertility rates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 5, 2024 7:07 PM

Hi, Greece troll.

by Anonymousreply 1October 5, 2024 5:21 PM

More feta for us!

by Anonymousreply 2October 5, 2024 5:26 PM

Yet the houses still probably cost more every year.

by Anonymousreply 3October 5, 2024 5:28 PM

I recall the entire country was involved in a pyramid scheme and no one wants to a nickel in taxes

by Anonymousreply 4October 5, 2024 5:28 PM

no one wants to PAY a nickel in taxes. The first guy interviewed in the piece says he left Greece and moved to the United States, he owns a business in Brooklyn.

Brooklyn, New York. High taxes are a given.

by Anonymousreply 5October 5, 2024 5:37 PM

I miss Astoria.

by Anonymousreply 6October 5, 2024 5:42 PM

[quote] he owns a business in Brooklyn.

A cash-based one, I’ll bet.

by Anonymousreply 7October 5, 2024 5:48 PM

Boomers wanted to retire at 50 and not pay taxes. What could go wrong?

Oh and Greece cooked their books to get into the EU - how that was allowed to happen without a thorough review is beyond me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 5, 2024 5:51 PM

An 85 year old woman should not have to work manual labor in the United States. Period.

Stories like this 👇 are fap material for bootstrappering scum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 5, 2024 5:57 PM

The answer to all our problems: invade Sicily!

by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2024 6:14 PM

For years the message in western media was: we are doomed by overpopulation!! Stop reproducing!!! There will be total chaos by 2000 if you don't! Well, another bullshit media catastrophe. Why people listen to elected officials, the MSM, academics, dieticians, doctors and clerics is totally beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 11October 5, 2024 6:19 PM

My Big Fat Greek Extinction

by Anonymousreply 12October 5, 2024 6:34 PM

Retire at 50 and do what?

drink day and night?

Troll datalounge?

Travel the world?

Take care of family?

by Anonymousreply 13October 5, 2024 6:45 PM

To R12-that post was "fucking awesome & funny". Thanks

by Anonymousreply 14October 5, 2024 6:45 PM

If I were Greek, I wouldn't want to live in Greece, and I've been there many times.

by Anonymousreply 15October 5, 2024 6:57 PM

Wasn't this all predicatable years ago when tons of young Greek people left for jobs in the EU?

And small tiny agricultural villages - particularly on remote islands - offer nothing in the modern world. It's happening all over the world - it's not unique to Greece.

Meanwhile Greece complains about too many tourists? The one thing keeping money coming in?

The country has lost their damned minds.

by Anonymousreply 16October 5, 2024 7:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!