Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How an ‘Ice Cream Truck’ for Voting Could Stop PA Ballots from Being Tossed

Great idea!

"This swing state rejects thousands of mail ballots a year over minor errors. Montgomery County is creating a mobile unit for voters to cure their ballot where they live."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 5, 2024 6:05 PM

There used to be a Little Caesars truck that would drive around selling pizza. Like the ice cream man.

by Anonymousreply 1October 5, 2024 5:21 PM

Fuck Montgomery County PA and the assholes who work at the Election Commission.

The ballots for the PA primary in May were mailed late because of "problems with the printer." I received my ballot less than a week before the election, so I had to drive to a ballot drop off center to make sure it was received on time.

Last week, i received my mail ballot, and both the ballot envelope and the mailer envelope were glued shut. (This has not only happed in Montgomery County, but thousands of ballots in Philadelphia have been effected by the defective glue). I tried to open the envelopes, but it just made them look tampered with. Yesterday, I went to a satellite election commission office in the boro I live in and was told that to get replacement envelopes, I needed to fill out a form, have it notarized, and hand carried to the election commission office in Norristown. Then I'd have to wait for a replacement ballot and envelopes and God only knows how long that will take.

Fuck it and fuck the election commission. From now on, I'll go to the polling place two blocks up from where I live, rather than deal with all the bullshit the Montgomery County election commission wants to throw in voters' way.

by Anonymousreply 2October 5, 2024 5:41 PM

My partner is an American living abroad (Canada) and since his last US address was in Philly, he has to mail his ballot to Pennsylvania. He's been super paranoid about following the instructions so as not to give them any reason to toss out his vote. We had to go and buy new cartridges for the home printer since he was scared that if he were to try to use the password protected link in the email with the instructions on how to vote more than once, he'd be disqualified. Also, in 2022, they made it super hard for him to vote; in spite of the instructions, ballot, envelope, I don't even remember exactly what they had sent him, he had to spend hours on the phone with some office in Philly, in order to be able to mail his ballot.

by Anonymousreply 3October 5, 2024 5:47 PM

I just sent this thread to my sister in PA. This information is good to know, although she and her husband plan to go to the polls in person on election day because they too are worried any other way of voting will be mishandled.

Thanks, OP!

by Anonymousreply 4October 5, 2024 5:54 PM

Sounds great to me!

by Anonymousreply 5October 5, 2024 6:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!