Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do magats live in a fantasy world?

They are now in such a tizzy of fear over brown people and the border that they are claiming the 9/11 hijackers came in from the border instead of with passports and visa and blaming Biden.

by Anonymousreply 35October 6, 2024 6:11 AM

When you get all your information from Fox, Newsmax, OAN and Sinclair affiliates, you get all the GOOD news deleted from your news feed. When their viewers say they are not feeling the effects o the economy, all they are reminded of is Trump's autographed stimulus checks.

They only carry positive Trump news, none of his horror story, and only news that can spin against Democrats. I am surprised if they know Kamala is the current Vice President.

by Anonymousreply 1October 5, 2024 2:34 PM

I had one have a shit fit when I said I was more worried about white militia groups than I was about illegals coming over. They screeched that it was democrats burning and looting our cities. I asked wtf that had to do with what I said and he shut up. I got the impression he may have been involved in white militias groups.

by Anonymousreply 2October 5, 2024 3:07 PM

They aren't following the news at all. Evne Fox News followers are embarrassed by Trump. It used to be everybody read their local paper. It was part of being an adult. But for the last twenty years, nobody does that anymore. And when they do, real news isn't being provided anymore since Journalism is a dead profession. So where do they get their news? Rev. Shifty and Uncle Gomer. Rev. Shifty finds fear profitable, and Uncle Gomer is trying to involve them in a multilevel marketing scheme

by Anonymousreply 3October 5, 2024 3:09 PM

[quote]Why do magats live in a fantasy world? They are now in such a tizzy of fear over brown people and the border

The one living in a fantasy world is you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 5, 2024 3:19 PM

Oh those MAGATS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 5, 2024 3:24 PM

R4 is living in a fantasy world and that is a certainty. It takes a very specific isolation and lack of contact with reality to vote Republican. You have to not understand any of the last fifty years, for example. What Republicans have done. What they have tried to do. How they became a riminal gang turning government into a pay to play scheme. How the intelligence level of Congress has plummeted. How the Supreme Court has become a nest of whores.

by Anonymousreply 6October 5, 2024 3:27 PM

They say the government has taking control of the flooded mountain towns and are clearing people out, keeping all the land and properties, I say let them sink further into the sewer, they deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 7October 5, 2024 3:29 PM

MAGAts live in the fantasy world because the real world is too difficult and complex for them to understand. It is that simple.

by Anonymousreply 8October 5, 2024 3:32 PM

Anyone who would even consider voting for Trump is a) mentally defective AND b) morally an objective evil. They are guilty of treason against their country. And people who give him MONEY are the strangest nutjobs of all because they are admitting they know he doesn't have any and yet his whole legend is based on pretended financial success that never happened. You could watch new videos of people who did business with Trump and were never paid, leading to suicides, bankruptcies and the like, for years and never see a repeat. So now he's being held responsible for a few crimes when he should have spent most of his life in jail like most people with his personality disorders, is a PERSECUTION?!!! It would be funny if the consequences weren't real.

by Anonymousreply 9October 5, 2024 3:34 PM

They want to spite the world for their imagined grievances. The euphoria of rage fuels them onward. I kinda feel like Putin is the same. He doesn’t have an exit planned; cruelty is the point.

by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2024 3:41 PM

R6 You don't get it. You really, really don't get it.

The quote at the OP is: "They are now in such a tizzy of fear over brown people and the border..."

There are 10s of thousands of brown people who are concerned about the influx of migrants as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 5, 2024 3:41 PM

Who deported more aliens than any Republican ever has? Obama. Who got China to revalue their currency? Obama. Whose "Obamacare" was really "romneycare" because the changes he wanted to institute a public option to control costs and increase the number of doctors were axed by Republicans. Obama promised change but we only got some because of Republican hate. Trump promised he would "clean the swamp" but not only did he not clearn it, it lined his own family's pockets to a degree unprecedented in American history.

by Anonymousreply 12October 5, 2024 3:45 PM

Too stupid to do otherwise

by Anonymousreply 13October 5, 2024 3:46 PM

Lost their fucking minds...over cookies?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 5, 2024 3:46 PM

You have to be a special kind of moron to think Republicans are anti-imimigration since they've been using it to hold wages down literally for generations.

by Anonymousreply 15October 5, 2024 3:46 PM

Where did all those Muslims come from? Bush brought them in as part of his war on terror.

by Anonymousreply 16October 5, 2024 3:47 PM

Are we in a dumbest person alive contest?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 5, 2024 3:55 PM

r17 That gal is a mental case. She has done gone round the bend.

by Anonymousreply 18October 5, 2024 4:05 PM

Any thread that begins with “Why?” Is a Teacake thread.

Don’t fall for it.

by Anonymousreply 19October 5, 2024 4:12 PM

Marcus Magee should be serving us drinks instead of posting garbage YouTube videos.

by Anonymousreply 20October 5, 2024 4:12 PM

I get that nobody can logically vote Republican again for a long time, if ever, but the hyperbole on this thread is appalling from people who think they know better.

Obama would reject 80% of the replies on this thread. So would Harris. Jesus, folks, dial it down. You sound like who you hate.

by Anonymousreply 21October 5, 2024 4:16 PM

Mafuckin!’

I wuz razed dat wayz.

by Anonymousreply 22October 5, 2024 4:17 PM

That crazy cunt at R17 has man hands.

by Anonymousreply 23October 5, 2024 4:23 PM

Sorry...I am not teacup. I have that fucking troll blocked.

by Anonymousreply 24October 5, 2024 4:43 PM

They grew up hearing they're going to hell for various minor infractions of their churches arbitrary rules. They were fed a steady diet of racism, Left Behind books and apocalyptic fantasies. They were abused by their parents and are looking for a strong vengeful daddy to make everything okay. Basic science baffles them and they're on the schizophrenia spectrum and have found people as crazy or crazier than them. For as much as they demonize Hollywood, they worship celebrities. Enter Trump. A failing upward moron

by Anonymousreply 25October 5, 2024 5:06 PM

They fear the direction society is moving in because the farther it advances, the less power and influence over it they have. Fear makes them seek out news that gives them something to bitch about, because being in perpetual misery is the only way they can play the victim card and feel some measure of happiness.

by Anonymousreply 26October 5, 2024 8:35 PM

R26 owns the thread. Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 27October 5, 2024 8:55 PM

My fucking formerly intelligent older brother likes to bate me that Kamala Harris is “inarticulate” - and therefore not to be trusted with the big job.

I don’t know how he sees Trump/Vance as worthy because I refuse to engage.

Anyway he is a 61 year old white guy in Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 28October 5, 2024 9:36 PM

It's a cult, plain and simple. My wacko family members are big time maga. I would not be surprised if they drank 'special' kool -aid when Harris is sworn in. Really- I am not being funny.

by Anonymousreply 29October 5, 2024 10:11 PM

Some people just want to burn it all down.

by Anonymousreply 30October 5, 2024 10:40 PM

Which is objectively evil. They may be nice, giving, tender in their personal lives, but if they vote MAGA so they can watch the world burn they are objectively evil, period.

by Anonymousreply 31October 6, 2024 12:02 AM

Because the internet has fed them an alternate reality based on absolute garbage.

Case in point: MTG was mocked for claiming Democrats control the weather. MAGATs all responded with "there's 100,000 pages of evidence on the internet! Look it up!"

by Anonymousreply 32October 6, 2024 12:06 AM

they've been cooking their brain with insane propaganda for decades

by Anonymousreply 33October 6, 2024 5:06 AM

White supremacy, plain and simple

by Anonymousreply 34October 6, 2024 5:07 AM

I'm reading a fascinating book by Tony Horwitz called "Spying on the South" where he follows Olmstead's pre=Civil War route and meets present day MAGATS everywhere. The interesting part is that almost every MAGAT he speaks to has liberal view on this or that issue but they are all 100% behind MAGA because the background noise to their environment continually tells them Democrats want to give free money to lazy people. That non-working billionaires are the ones causing economic crisis over and over does not penetrate their consciousness because EVERYTHING, radio, family, church, school, friends, commercial establishments, the entire context of their l ives peddles this nonsense relentlessly day and night like a Chinese Communist hypnosis trick of the fifties. They never question it because they have never heard anything else.

by Anonymousreply 35October 6, 2024 6:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!