Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What accents are the trashiest?

For me it’s the southern Evangelical white trash accent and the North Jersey Italian American working class accent. Both of those make my skin crawl.

by Anonymousreply 29October 5, 2024 3:14 PM

The urban ghetto eubonics accent is the worst of all.

The stereotypical NJ Italian working class accent is sexy.

by Anonymousreply 1October 5, 2024 3:11 AM

Bronx

by Anonymousreply 2October 5, 2024 3:13 AM

I don't know which is "trashiest" but I hate Boston accents.

by Anonymousreply 3October 5, 2024 3:14 AM

R3- On Orange Is The New Black there was a white trash inmate from Boston with a heavy Boston accent . Listening to her speak got on my fuckin nerves.

by Anonymousreply 4October 5, 2024 3:18 AM

Wigga

by Anonymousreply 5October 5, 2024 3:18 AM

And that accent you've tried so desperately to shed: pure West Virginia.

by Anonymousreply 6October 5, 2024 3:20 AM

Fargo accent.

by Anonymousreply 7October 5, 2024 3:27 AM

Long Island: “Hi” becomes “Hoooooiiiiiii”

For more examples, see Buttafuoco, Joey.

by Anonymousreply 8October 5, 2024 3:43 AM

Wherever they say AXS instead of ask.

by Anonymousreply 9October 5, 2024 3:49 AM

Can’t we just bury the ax and annunciate our differences?

by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2024 4:27 AM

White South Africans.

by Anonymousreply 11October 5, 2024 4:29 AM

Mafuckin'!

by Anonymousreply 12October 5, 2024 4:29 AM

I wouldn’t say trashy, but the harsh German accent is the least sexually attractive to me.

by Anonymousreply 13October 5, 2024 4:32 AM

The surfer/valley girl accent in California.

by Anonymousreply 14October 5, 2024 4:41 AM

OP ran the gamut in his own thread.

by Anonymousreply 15October 5, 2024 7:12 AM

The New Yorker in this video has a comically hideous accent (and the video is like.a Reno 911 episode if you have time and inclination).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 5, 2024 10:36 AM

What's trashy to me are Americans who use phony Mid-Atlantic accents and undertones to punch up their speech. Some New Englanders have an elevated accent that, to my ears, sounds trashy because it seems so fake.

This interview with the late Sylvia Plath is unreal to me. Like, Girl, just take that accent right outta here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 5, 2024 11:54 AM

“Quedtion” thread filled with hate.

Who could it be 🤔?

by Anonymousreply 18October 5, 2024 12:39 PM

Baltimore/Philly- utterly horrible. (And my coworkers from those areas are universally SHITTY people)

Boston- GUTTER accent but I like Bostonians from all parts of Boston-

Texans have a nice accent and they are also the fakest and most evil fuckers ever- (I work with them too-horrid)

by Anonymousreply 19October 5, 2024 12:58 PM

Urban-Orc-Speak

by Anonymousreply 20October 5, 2024 1:00 PM

New Mexico accents

by Anonymousreply 21October 5, 2024 1:01 PM

R21- What is a New Mexico accent like??

Southern Californians have a nasally twangy accent and also pronounce words like something like "some-theeng" (Kyle from RHOBH has a very socal accent) I actually love the southern California dialect/accent/lingo

by Anonymousreply 22October 5, 2024 1:04 PM

My father was from Pennsylvania and he would pronounce Monday like MUN-dee.

by Anonymousreply 23October 5, 2024 1:43 PM

French Canadian is the stupidest sounding, it makes me laugh out loud.

by Anonymousreply 24October 5, 2024 1:48 PM

A lisp.

by Anonymousreply 25October 5, 2024 1:58 PM

I love all accents.

by Anonymousreply 26October 5, 2024 2:02 PM

R23! I love that shit! I call that "old people talk". I had Aunt from NJ who did the same thing-

Lets go for ice cream Sun-dees on Twos-dee!

by Anonymousreply 27October 5, 2024 2:37 PM

Bay Area girl speak with a strong nasal whine and exaggerated vocal fry. Deep dirty Liverpool Scouse.

by Anonymousreply 28October 5, 2024 2:51 PM

I personally HATE the deep and resonant sincerity TV ad voiceover talent adopts when they’re inviting me to recall Life As It Was and Should Be, as I see backlit waves of golden grain and babies being lofted above the heads of their adoring parents, and maybe a big old-time corn feed out behind the barn. Followed by the sales pitch that assures me that I can be happy and healthy, too, if I just buy their product.

It’s not a regional accent but it is the reason that the mute button will be the first thing to die on my remote.

by Anonymousreply 29October 5, 2024 3:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!