Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Does anyone remember Genesis Moss from The Real World?

Icon!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 6, 2024 4:09 AM

The weird lesbian who grew up in foster care?

by Anonymousreply 1October 4, 2024 10:17 PM

R1, why weird?

by Anonymousreply 2October 4, 2024 10:23 PM

I loved her. She spent the entire season huddled under a blanket.

by Anonymousreply 3October 4, 2024 10:24 PM

Oh yes I think about him 24/7

by Anonymousreply 4October 4, 2024 10:25 PM

R4, her

by Anonymousreply 5October 4, 2024 11:03 PM

R3, indeed

by Anonymousreply 6October 5, 2024 12:05 AM

That Pic is iconic 90s. Yeah, that session of the real world was weird. Her & Jason would hang out and talk, her under a blanket. I think there were too many people of the same type and they all kind of clashed. For those who remember the final confessional shots in the last episode, there were two: Jason, Genesis, Kameelah, Montana, and they're just sitting there crying, then it cuts to the other three (Sean, Cyrus & Elka) clowning it up. Such a strange season with their dynamics.

by Anonymousreply 7October 5, 2024 2:24 AM

What season? She seems vaguely familiar.

by Anonymousreply 8October 5, 2024 2:27 AM

I used to watch this show all the time, but looking back, I realize I hated it. The people were either intensely unlikable or genuinely troubled. Not fun.

by Anonymousreply 9October 5, 2024 4:02 AM

Genesis and Kameelah were my favorites that season. I was happy that Kameelah became a doctor and is still one to this day.

Genesis still looks fantastic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2024 4:10 AM

I liked the Seattle season best, with the queen who slapped that girl!

by Anonymousreply 11October 5, 2024 4:15 AM

[quote]}What season? She seems vaguely familiar.

Season 6 -- "The Real World: Boston" (1997)

Also with future Wisconsin congressman Sean Duffy, who later married Season 3 - "The Real World: San Francisco" (1994) cast member Rachel Campos, now a Fox News co-host.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 5, 2024 4:28 AM

Does anyone know the name of the pretty blonde who Genesis was married to years ago before the current wife?

They were on one of the reunion specials together in the early 2000's.

by Anonymousreply 13October 5, 2024 4:34 AM

WHO?

by Anonymousreply 14October 5, 2024 4:38 AM

Watch this starting at 3:20 !

Genesis looks gorgeous here!

Real World Reunion 2000.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 5, 2024 4:52 AM

I never watched the Homecoming seasons and just saw that Paramount+ has already removed them. Dumb. I think there was supposed to be a Boston season, but Sean wouldn't agree to do it.

by Anonymousreply 16October 5, 2024 4:52 AM

[quote]Does anyone know the name of the pretty blonde who Genesis was married to years ago before the current wife?

I have wondered what happened with the wife/partner from the 2000 reunion In 2003, when Genesis was on A Battle of the Sexes challenge show, she did a really good interview with a gay site and she talked about the legal steps they had taken to make sure that if something happened to one of them, the other would have be able to access money, property, and other assets. At the time, I was a senior in high school and I come out to my parents and some of my friends. I had connected with a local gay and lesbian organization. There was a gay man whose partner had died and the partner had no will or anything so the poor guy got screwed over by the partner's family. Genesis and her ex were pretty smart to do what they did at the time to make sure that their access to money and assets were protected.

by Anonymousreply 17October 5, 2024 5:19 AM

I'll have to find that interview in regards to R17

by Anonymousreply 18October 5, 2024 5:44 AM

Was Genesis the one who left post-it note affirmations about herself around and called them Genisisms or something?

She seemed self involved.

by Anonymousreply 19October 5, 2024 5:53 AM

Yes. Remarkably.

by Anonymousreply 20October 5, 2024 6:52 AM

She needs to write a autobiography

by Anonymousreply 21October 5, 2024 3:16 PM

Great picture

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 5, 2024 9:42 PM

Is she bisexual?

Was she ever with or interested in men?

by Anonymousreply 23October 6, 2024 2:03 AM

I enjoyed the friendship that developed between Genesis and Elka. Elka came from a super religious family and when her dad visited her, he questioned whether or not Genesis would try to seduce her. When Elka's European rock star boyfriend visited, Genesis was sitting on his lap and Elka thought it was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 24October 6, 2024 2:18 AM

R24, yep. Elka is the only one from the show that she remained close to I think.

Not sure if Elka remained close with any of the others.

by Anonymousreply 25October 6, 2024 3:18 AM

Kameela and Genesis did not remain close? They were portrayed as the best of friends on the series. Genesis did seem the most real. On the last episode, she was very sad and said she felt like she was losing her house, her job, her family, her friends and her kids.

by Anonymousreply 26October 6, 2024 3:21 AM

I had such a crush on Jason

by Anonymousreply 27October 6, 2024 4:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!