Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did you get an iPhone 16?

Not the souped up models, the base 16. What do you think? I want to upgrade my iPhone XS.

by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2024 2:28 PM

Get a iphone 13 pretty much the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 1October 4, 2024 9:20 PM

I got the iPhone 16 Pro. It’s exactly like the iPhone 14 Pro except that it has a USB C connector instead of a lightning connector, so I had to buy new earbuds and an adapter for my car.

by Anonymousreply 2October 4, 2024 9:25 PM

I wasn’t planning on upgrading yet my iPhone 13 mini, but then I saw the pink iPhone 16. It’s absolutely gorgeous. And yes I love pink!

by Anonymousreply 3October 4, 2024 11:55 PM

I’m still waiting for my 8+ to die.

by Anonymousreply 4October 5, 2024 12:49 AM

I got it. Kind of spur of the moment because I absolutely hate my Samsung Galaxy and been waiting to go back to an iphone for a while. I know it's got lots of snazzy features but I haven't figured them out yet

by Anonymousreply 5October 5, 2024 12:55 AM

[quote] I wasn’t planning on upgrading yet my iPhone 13 mini, but then I saw the pink iPhone 16. It’s absolutely gorgeous. And yes I love pink!

Beware! There was a recent DL thread: OP returned iPhone b/c s/he was disappointed in the shade of pink.

by Anonymousreply 6October 5, 2024 3:31 AM

I did get the souped-up model, i.e., the Pro Max. Since you haven't gotten many responses, I'll chime in.

My old phone is an iPhone 6S, yes, 6S. It still works (with one battery replacement a year or so ago).

Anyway, so far:

1. Battery life may have issues. I noticed it myself and went online to find out it's an issue.

2. Some of my music didn't transfer from my old phone to my new phone. I think you have to pay for Apple Music ($7 per month or so) in order to get sync function. SAD.

3. I didn't upgrade the storage. I went with the base, which is 500 GB or so. That's enough for me.

4. Yes, you need to get new cables or adapters because the port is USB-C, not lightning.

by Anonymousreply 7October 5, 2024 3:36 AM

I got it on day 1. But I did get the souped up model.

by Anonymousreply 8October 5, 2024 1:17 PM

r7 the base 16 pro max comes with 256 gb. r5 odd I did the opposite and switched to a Galaxy s24. Just the base model but love it so much more than my iPhone. The camera is so much better and the simple fact I can make ringtones out of mp3s by just assigning them is so easy.

by Anonymousreply 9October 5, 2024 2:07 PM

People who needlessly update their phone are killing the planet

by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2024 2:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!