Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kamala’s father is alive and he lives two miles from her.

I had no idea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 4, 2024 7:32 PM

Beyond the paywall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 4, 2024 2:02 PM

Why are they estranged? So he's Jamaican yet people are denying she's a POC?

by Anonymousreply 2October 4, 2024 2:17 PM

He's such a sanctimonious asshole.

by Anonymousreply 3October 4, 2024 2:20 PM

People are denying that she’s Black because her mother is Indian and some American Blacks don’t think of recent Black immigrants as African-American.

Her father is a Stanford professor emeritus and her mother was a research scientist, yet Trump calls her mentally impaired because she’s a woman of color and the drooling MAGAs lick it up.

by Anonymousreply 4October 4, 2024 2:22 PM

And?

by Anonymousreply 5October 4, 2024 2:40 PM

Her father is a POS. When she was campaigning for VP she made a stop at an urban radio station. The DJ asked if she has smoked weed and she joked along the lines of hello, I'm Jamaican. Next thing, her father posted a note condemning her comments:

“My dear departed grandmothers (whose extraordinary legacy I described in a recent essay on this website), as well as my deceased parents, must be turning in their grave right now to see their family’s name, reputation and proud Jamaican identity being connected, in any way, jokingly or not with the fraudulent stereotype of a pot-smoking joy seeker and in the pursuit of identity politics,” he wrote. “Speaking for myself and my immediate Jamaican family, we wish to categorically dissociate ourselves from this travesty,” he added.

What an asshole. If anyone needs a hit of a bong, it is this dude.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 4, 2024 2:44 PM

Kamala is the asshole, she lacks dignity and any INTELLIGENT person can see why he would be offended. Of course, you would think a "black" man should be "down" or with the clown shit.

by Anonymousreply 7October 4, 2024 4:05 PM

Thread to nowhere

by Anonymousreply 8October 4, 2024 4:09 PM

R7 = Donald J Harris

by Anonymousreply 9October 4, 2024 4:31 PM

Fuck off with your race-baiting, R7, and your puritanical views on weed. Weed is no longer "bad" except in evangelical and priss-pot circles. Donald and any other similarly-minded Jamaicans should take the stick out of the asses long enough so that they can see that use of weed is one of the only positive connotations people have with that island. It's a much better connotation than their rampant crime and corruption. Frankly, his high-and-mighty demeanor are laughable given how quickly he fled from the island never to return in any full-time capacity. But, yes, by all means, people are turning in their graves about being associated with weed.

by Anonymousreply 10October 4, 2024 5:30 PM

She made a really lame joke but her dad was overreacting.

by Anonymousreply 11October 4, 2024 5:45 PM

Reefer madness!!

by Anonymousreply 12October 4, 2024 5:55 PM

r7 is also:

*Megastar Janet says she heard Kamala Harris isn’t black*

[quote]Kamala is not black and got where she is through fucking and sucking.

by Anonymousreply 13October 4, 2024 5:59 PM

Yea lot people don’t know he still alive for some free reason OP. Thats why this whole Kamala ain’t black narrative is so absurd. Like we cab’t see this obvious black 86 yr old man live and in color. He just looks like he is a quarter Cherokee lol as the ghetto blacks used to say.

by Anonymousreply 14October 4, 2024 6:00 PM

R7 is the asshole and a magat troll. Shoo, you don't belong here, troll.

by Anonymousreply 15October 4, 2024 6:03 PM

I want to call KH’s dad a jackass for his comments about her smoking weed but sometimes old people even when they are mad smart they forget how to see the larger picture of things. It’s warped in his brain the ostracism of the old Jamaican stereotype of the weed head Rastafarian. Likely he couldn’t just process that she is just making a cutesy joke and being relatable. You gotta understand this is not a regular black man even in terms of success. The man was highly educated in the 50s and 60s, a real freaking scholar. Then he is an immigrant with an accent. A complete professor type that I am sure didn’t quite fit into white or black society.

by Anonymousreply 16October 4, 2024 6:15 PM

[quote] She made a really lame joke but her dad was overreacting.

Well, Miss Harris, I think you’re UNDERREACTING!

by Anonymousreply 17October 4, 2024 7:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!