Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Boss finally endorses Kamala

Springsteen says Trump is "the most dangerous candidate in my lifetime."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 4, 2024 6:19 PM

Did he announce his endorsement via a Power Slide?

by Anonymousreply 1October 4, 2024 4:33 AM

Who gives a fuck what Springsteen thinks? Just do your shtick.

by Anonymousreply 2October 4, 2024 7:46 AM

Oh thank God I feel so much more certain now of Kamala's win.

by Anonymousreply 3October 4, 2024 8:47 AM

God Bless Him

by Anonymousreply 4October 4, 2024 8:47 AM

Yes, because what Kamala Harris needs is the endorsement of yet another overprivileged, vain and self-centered multi-millionaire who thinks that he is saving the world by lecturing us dirty plebs, about how we ought to be voting for "the left".

Honestly, I will never understand how Springsteen presents himself as some sort of working class hero for the everyman, when he has been outrageously wealthy for most of his life and his children are best friends with the Gates and Onassis children. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 5October 4, 2024 10:11 AM

Not maga, but he is mega hypocrite. What happened to :" War is good for absolutely nothing." Great friend of Drone Barry who made ten times more attacks than Bush. Now, does not seem to mind about Middle east destruction or Ukraine proxy wars.

by Anonymousreply 6October 4, 2024 10:15 AM

Love Bruce.

by Anonymousreply 7October 4, 2024 10:28 AM

R5 multi-millionaire? Wake up. Brucie is a billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 8October 4, 2024 10:30 AM

Bruce is a hero of the working man because that’s where he came from! No matter what heights he achieved he started at the bottom rung of the ladder 🪜

by Anonymousreply 9October 4, 2024 11:17 AM

Some Americans get more attention than others when they publicly declare who they're voting for.

On the list of things to complain about...let's see, oh, it's not even on the list.

by Anonymousreply 10October 4, 2024 11:36 AM

Just looked at this map.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 4, 2024 11:49 AM

Celebrities endorsements mean little. Everyone knows most celebrities are Left and the people who care are also Left. It's preaching to the choir. That's like saying Joel Osteen endorses Trump. Doesn't move the ball.

by Anonymousreply 12October 4, 2024 11:52 AM

Was it ever in doubt who he'd endorse?

by Anonymousreply 13October 4, 2024 12:08 PM

Any endorsement helps, IMO.

As for Bruce Springsteen, I gained a lot of respect for him in 1979 during a Rolling Stone interview. He said he listened to Donna Summer's "Bad Girls" album endlessly that summer, and it was a double LP he wished he could call his own. Said Summer was 'the best female vocalist' in the industry. Three years later, he showed up at her door with a song he had written just for her and him to duet on ("Protection") and one for her to sing as a solo ("Cover Me"). He told her to record 'Protection' as a solo because she blew his voice away in the duet demo, and she told him to keep 'Cover Me' for his next album - the song was too good for him to pass up. They remained close friends for the next 30 years.

The day she died, he was performing in Argentina. He opened his concert with a tribute to Summer - her "Live and More" album cover picture on the screen above the stage, and he and his band playing 'Last Dance' while they came out on stage to Summer's vocals. The audience went wild. Class act.

by Anonymousreply 14October 4, 2024 12:14 PM

I sent the video to my Bruce worshipping MAGA brother in Florida. It might help because he loves Bruce more than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 15October 4, 2024 1:24 PM

Don't be upset, R5. Just know that his endorsement doesn't really matter, coming as it does after Taylor Swift's.

by Anonymousreply 16October 4, 2024 1:55 PM

Love his music.

by Anonymousreply 17October 4, 2024 2:04 PM

Sounds like some sour grapes in here.

by Anonymousreply 18October 4, 2024 2:21 PM

I'm neither a fan nor a "hater" of either. I don't listen to pop music. I'm just stating the statistical truth.

by Anonymousreply 19October 4, 2024 2:38 PM

He has a lot of outer borough fans who may abandon him.

by Anonymousreply 20October 4, 2024 3:15 PM

r20 Sounds like doesn't care at this point

by Anonymousreply 21October 4, 2024 3:19 PM

Did Trump tweet "I hate Bruce Springsteen" like he tweeted "I hate Taylor Swift"?

by Anonymousreply 22October 4, 2024 3:35 PM

R20 it won't hurt him.

by Anonymousreply 23October 4, 2024 3:38 PM

I agree R23. He is old, billionaire, privileged, friends with Obama and Gates, he likes to be part of the elites. Working class background is ancient history for him. He has become American Bono by now.

by Anonymousreply 24October 4, 2024 6:09 PM

Willie Nelson somehow manages to seem down-to-earth, still.

At this point, Springsteen just seems like he's into money for the sake of money.

Donna Summer story, yes he has good taste in music. He said he wishes he had written "You've got a FRiend." I wonder if he just wishes he had the publishing rights to those songs.

by Anonymousreply 25October 4, 2024 6:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!