Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you like the Halloween franchise of movies?

I watch them every year beginning October 1st.

by Anonymousreply 11October 4, 2024 7:35 AM

I enjoy them, some movies more than others. The first and second ones are classics. I try to watch some configuration of them every year too.

by Anonymousreply 1October 4, 2024 3:52 AM

Love the first one, it's timeless. It's always fun to watch it in October.

by Anonymousreply 2October 4, 2024 4:36 AM

I love the first two. Interesting trivia: I got the blu ray of Halloween II from Germany. The gruesome scene where the woman gets her face boiled in the hot tub is edited so you don’t see her face being burned. Those Europeans just don’t like violence like Americans do.

by Anonymousreply 3October 4, 2024 4:40 AM

What’s up with Halloween 3? It’s about a mask company? Michael Myers doesn’t even appear?

by Anonymousreply 4October 4, 2024 5:13 AM

I love them for different reasons. Parts 5 and 6 are among my favorite sequels just because I love how dark and gothic the atmosphere is in both. Are they great films? No. But the vibe is perfect to me. I like Part 4 enough but think it’s overrated.

I hated the David Gordon Green trilogy. I stopped after the second installment. Loathed. I even think the two Rob Zombie contributions were more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 5October 4, 2024 5:16 AM

Teacake thread.

by Anonymousreply 6October 4, 2024 5:18 AM

R4 The plan was to have every movie from Halloween III going forward to be a different story. But since Halloween III tanked, they brought Michael Myers back in Halloween IV.

by Anonymousreply 7October 4, 2024 5:18 AM

I prefer the sequel to the first one. H20 is pretty good and the one with Paul Rudd isn't bad. The rest are trash.

by Anonymousreply 8October 4, 2024 5:41 AM

The first three are my personal faves because they're the only ones with that John Carpenter/Dean Cundey oh-shit-anything-can-happen vibe (although Carpenter didn't direct II and III), but I love them all with the exception of Curse, Resurrection and the two abominable Rob Zombie films.

by Anonymousreply 9October 4, 2024 5:47 AM

I liked the original and Halloween 3 even though H3 had nothing to do with MM.

by Anonymousreply 10October 4, 2024 7:24 AM

There’s only one “Halloween.” The rest is dreck.

There’s a reason the first is in the Library of Congress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 4, 2024 7:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!