Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dynasty

If Dynasty had been cast as initially devised who would have been in the cast?

George Peppard as Blake Angie Dickinson as Krystal Tyne Daily as Claudia (I seem to have read that some place) Later on, Sophia Loren/Jessica Walter as Alexis

Anyone I’m missing?

by Anonymousreply 16October 4, 2024 5:52 AM

Lucy was originally cast as Fallon but Gary talked her out of it.

by Anonymousreply 1October 4, 2024 2:21 AM

I can't even imagine Jessica playing Alexis. And yes, I know she did Arrested development, but she would have been all kinds of wrong for Dynasty.

Elizabeth Taylor and Raquel Welch were also considered for Alexis. Aaron really wanted an iconic star. I could see Raquel doing it. But that part was really tailor made for Joan.

Angie and Joan would have been fantastic. Angie and George Peppard would have been something else. But does that mean we would have John Forsythe on The A team?

by Anonymousreply 2October 4, 2024 2:22 AM

The gay not gay Stephen& Sammie Joe(Heather Locklear was perfect for that role)

BTW-Heather Locklear was 1 of the nicest Hollywood people I ever met.

by Anonymousreply 3October 4, 2024 2:23 AM

R3 yeah nobody on Melrose seems to have anything bad to say about Heather. Seems she set a good atmosphere on the set.

by Anonymousreply 4October 4, 2024 2:24 AM

I don't know about Sunday, but they originally wants Helen Lawson for the role of Constance on The Colbys.

by Anonymousreply 5October 4, 2024 2:34 AM

Dynasty, not Sunday. Fucking autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 6October 4, 2024 2:35 AM

Well, one thing is none of them would have been Carringtons, because the original surname for the core family was "Parkhurst."

And John Forsythe actually was Aaron Spelling's first choice to play "Blake," but the network wanted a younger actor who had films in his background. Their choice of Peppard would affect the budget, because he would necessarily cost more, so the production would need to economize when it came to casting the other roles.

Also, John James originally auditioned to play "Steven." Of course, Al Corley was their Steven, but when they called John to say he didn't get the part, they offered him the role of "Jeff Colby" instead. John had no idea who the character of Jeff Colby was since he only had four lines in the script.

by Anonymousreply 7October 4, 2024 3:10 AM

"Die Nasty"

by Anonymousreply 8October 4, 2024 3:14 AM

Die Twist? Die Nasty!

by Anonymousreply 9October 4, 2024 3:24 AM

Heather Locklear greatly improves over the course of a season.

by Anonymousreply 10October 4, 2024 3:28 AM

After Liz Taylor and Raquel Welch turned the role of "Alexis" down, and they couldn't reach an agreement with Sophia Loren, it was Candy Spelling who told Aaron they should consider an actress whom she'd recently seen on an episode of "Fantasy Island" -- that actress being Joan Collins. Here's a scene from that episode:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 4, 2024 3:30 AM

Elizabeth Taylor an d Sophia Loren were considered for Alexis. They declined, and then came Joan Collins.

Now I couldn't imagine anyone other than Joan.

by Anonymousreply 12October 4, 2024 3:31 AM

Well, hello!

Aaron wanted me to play “Alecksis” but THE BELLS intrafeared!

by Anonymousreply 13October 4, 2024 4:04 AM

What if they had cast Diahann Carroll as Alexis and then later on, selected Joan Collins as Dominique? Diahann was probably the bigger star at that time.

by Anonymousreply 14October 4, 2024 4:12 AM

[quote]BTW-Heather Locklear was 1 of the nicest Hollywood people I ever met.

Off topic, but you really wonder were it all went wrong. Was it really as simple as her turning down Desperate Houswives?

by Anonymousreply 15October 4, 2024 5:37 AM

Diahann Carroll watched Dynasty and loved the look of it. She thought to herself, "They've got the white bitch, now they need the black bitch." She lobbied to get herself cast on the show by approaching Aaron Spelling at a party asking him, "When are you gonna put me on your damn show?"

by Anonymousreply 16October 4, 2024 5:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!