Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Heartstopper" S3

Gotta say I'm amazed there isn't already a thread. Spoilers obviously.

by Anonymousreply 4October 4, 2024 5:56 PM

Or is there a thread I somehow overlooked? I've done that a bit (but I did look before posting).

Anyway, I'm not done watching it (but don't give a shit about spoilers), but like many I'm wondering what will happen when they finally DO IT. What will we see? Dry humping? Handjobs? Blowjobs? Fucking?? (Possibly in tasteful, PG-13 style like on "Red, Hot & Royal Blue." But I'm betting we don't see anything about the fucking, even if they do it.)

Non-spoiler question: is there some reason they didn't film S4 back-to-back? Both Kit & Joe are in the middle of other projects that are actually much larger, and won't Kit likely be doing R+J into next year?

by Anonymousreply 1October 4, 2024 2:20 AM

I miss Bash. I said it! Bring Ben back and give him a redemption arc.

by Anonymousreply 2October 4, 2024 2:16 PM

After watching the first two seasons with affectionate disdain, I thought the new season was actually quite good. The introduction of sex and alcohol made the teen high jinks seem much less twee. Charlie's troubles were heartbreaking and well portrayed, and the guy who played Nick served up some real quality acting. I watched episode four twice because it was so beautifully done. I do wish Charlie's father had put his cunt wife in check much sooner. Charlie came upon his control issues honestly.

Other than the two leads and Tao & Elle, most of the other characters felt shortchanged. Darcy's non-binary status just sort of happened; I wish they had shown more of the process. It's interesting, plus it's a nice way for me to learn more about these things. Making Imogen bi-curious or whatever the hell she thinks she is feels inauthentic, like they couldn't think of anything else to do with her. Nice to see more of the delightful but underused Tori, but I'd like to see her have some purpose in life other than wringing her hands over Charlie. Nick should knock his brother's teeth out of his slick mouth, and it bugs me that he gets away with speaking to Nick that way. One of many places where I missed Olivia Coleman, though Agent Carter was a welcome substitute.

Google says season four is TBD. I hope it happens. I want to see Nick go away to college and expand his horizons a bit. Don't know how it happens in the books, but I hope the story ends with them outgrowing each other but appreciating what they went through together.

by Anonymousreply 3October 4, 2024 5:28 PM

The actress playing Tori was quite good this season. If Elle hadn’t had the interview scene, I’d say the girl playing Tori should have gotten the supporting Emmy nomination at the Children and Family Emmy’s next year.

The problem is support actors only submit once episode. Maybe the girl playing Tori could submit the Christmas show but she had a lot of a great moments spread throughout the season.

The gal playing Elle has the sex episode and the interview episode to choose from.

Kit should win for episode 4

by Anonymousreply 4October 4, 2024 5:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!