Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Desperate Housewives debuted 20 years ago today

Fuck I'm old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 4, 2024 3:17 PM

We've all gone on to do new and interesting things since then. For example, I learned how to make license plates.

by Anonymousreply 1October 4, 2024 12:33 AM

I would still slurp on Richard Burgi.

And Doug Savant.

And the dude who played Carlos.

by Anonymousreply 2October 4, 2024 12:43 AM

And Mark Moses!

by Anonymousreply 3October 4, 2024 12:43 AM

I never watched it even once

by Anonymousreply 4October 4, 2024 12:47 AM

Another show that was great the first season then went downhill. Fast.

by Anonymousreply 5October 4, 2024 1:00 AM

Let's face it - there was a LOT of daddy man candy on that show.

by Anonymousreply 6October 4, 2024 1:03 AM

OP, take comfort in knowing those bitches are all 20 years older too. Of course, that puts them on the wait list for the Neptune Society, but...

by Anonymousreply 7October 4, 2024 1:17 AM

Marc Cherry is the most bitter, nastiest, gash-hating, nelliest little bitch I've ever met. And I've spent 30 years going to fan conventions for Knots Landing!

by Anonymousreply 8October 4, 2024 1:20 AM

Desperate Housewives will go down in history as the series that inspired Wonky Cohen to bring us the intellectually rewarding, spiritually enriching and impossibly heartwarming Real Househags of Plastic Surgery show and its many franchises. We have to thank this silly soap opera about the unrealistically melodramatic lives oversexed clichés, for the entirely deserved success of these fine, very talented "ladies" who have contributed so much to improve society...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 4, 2024 1:24 AM

I didn't remember Eva Longoria looking that pudgy and plain in S1.

by Anonymousreply 10October 4, 2024 1:26 AM

Except for Edie and her old lady friend NONE of the characters were likeable. Not a single one.

by Anonymousreply 11October 4, 2024 1:28 AM

Today, this would have been a limited series on Hulu that was a shortened version of season one -- and be much better regarded.

by Anonymousreply 12October 4, 2024 1:31 AM

"Rex cries when he ejaculates."

by Anonymousreply 13October 4, 2024 2:26 AM

Out of the whole cast I would never dreamed that it would be Felicity Huffman who would be persona non grata 20 years later!

by Anonymousreply 14October 4, 2024 2:52 AM

Nicolette Sheridan was the only fun part

by Anonymousreply 15October 4, 2024 2:55 AM

This is the only show I’ve ever watched religiously every Sunday night only to never revisit it again. Once was enough for all that drama — but I loved it at the time.

by Anonymousreply 16October 4, 2024 3:07 AM

It still holds up as seeming, too shitty for me to watch. I'm desperate for entertainment, and yet, everytime I see it available on Hugu, YouTub or Tubby TV, I keep scrolling.

by Anonymousreply 17October 4, 2024 3:30 AM

I watched pretty faithfully over the years, but out of habit. This and The Sally Field Programme™️ were comfort food on Sunday nights.

The first season was really the best, though, in terms of tone. The episode where Martha Huber's sister Felicia comes to her home after her murder remains my favorite. Harriet Sansom Harris was fabulous in it, veering from fake sadness to announcing an estate sale of her sister's belongings ("No personal checks!")

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 4, 2024 3:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!