Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lawler wore blackface

Uh-oh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 4, 2024 9:03 AM

Fucking weirdos.

by Anonymousreply 1October 3, 2024 10:10 PM

And this will hurt him with his voters?

by Anonymousreply 2October 3, 2024 10:10 PM

Sacre bleu!

by Anonymousreply 3October 3, 2024 10:15 PM

What's the problem?

by Anonymousreply 4October 3, 2024 10:17 PM

I am not Republican, but people really need to give up this witch hunt for people who wore makeup to portray a different race. The odd thing being in this case is Michael Jackson was paler than him. But even still. The intent behind it has to be looked at, judged. White Chicks came out two years before that and was an instant cult classic. And YES, I know the history of blackface, and yes I know how it was used to mock, suppress and torment black people. But that black face was a mean caricature and not some attempt to honestly portray someone of a different race.

by Anonymousreply 5October 3, 2024 10:17 PM

Mike Lawler IS black.

by Anonymousreply 6October 3, 2024 10:21 PM

When did Michael wear jeans and a polo?

by Anonymousreply 7October 3, 2024 10:51 PM

Looks more like George Hamilton face to me.

by Anonymousreply 8October 3, 2024 10:55 PM

R2 unfortunately he is the rep for my district in northern Westchester County, which is very Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 9October 3, 2024 11:28 PM

He’s gotten so fat in the past few years.

by Anonymousreply 10October 3, 2024 11:41 PM

R9 what are his chances for reelection?

by Anonymousreply 11October 4, 2024 12:06 AM

R11 Mondaire Jones is his opponent. He was a Representative in another district but lost his seat due to redistricting. I want to say his chances are good, but Lawler is outspending him by 2:1, purely based on my own observations of ad frequency. Everyone I know in my area is voting for Jones.

Of course the person Lawler's seat USED to belong to was hot silver fox daddy Sean Maloney. Mama's mussy is WET!

by Anonymousreply 12October 4, 2024 12:41 AM

Wouldn’t painting your face to look like Michael Jackson be WHITE FACE?

by Anonymousreply 13October 4, 2024 1:26 AM

Ridiculous. He was a college student and 2006 was 18 years ago.

Lawler is one of the more rational GOP house members these days. Google tells us "In 2024 he was ranked as the 4th most bipartisan member of Congress by the Lugar Center and Georgetown University's McCourt School of Public Policy Bipartisan Index." That's 4th out of 435.

I donated to Mondaire Jones and am a lifelong D voter across the board, but Lawler is not a nightmare, far from it compared to the most MAGA half of them.

by Anonymousreply 14October 4, 2024 1:31 AM

His supporters will only love him more for this.

by Anonymousreply 15October 4, 2024 1:35 AM

CNN made it sound like he's on next. At least the story is.

by Anonymousreply 16October 4, 2024 1:40 AM

He's on. He's fine. Kaitlan Collins won't let it rest but I guess that's the dance.

by Anonymousreply 17October 4, 2024 1:48 AM

Republicans excuse this sort of thing now. They love it.

by Anonymousreply 18October 4, 2024 1:56 AM

"Why, that's a Black baby."

by Anonymousreply 19October 4, 2024 2:20 AM

“Why This Is The Best Ever News Ever For The Lawler Campaign”

by Anonymousreply 20October 4, 2024 9:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!