Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

If/when Trump loses in November, will that end Vance's political career?

What do you think?

by Anonymousreply 17October 3, 2024 10:39 PM

He’ll be the Dick Nixon of the 2030s.

by Anonymousreply 1October 3, 2024 6:20 PM

I think he's bound to at least try to run in 2028, just like Pence did. Unless Ohio ends up being embarrassingly close, which I don't think will happen.

by Anonymousreply 2October 3, 2024 6:23 PM

He's quite deft at being the man of many faces. He's deeply cynical and immoral and a typical Ivy League law school sub-genius sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 3October 3, 2024 6:35 PM

He'll do a Haley rebrand and he'll be as good as new.

by Anonymousreply 4October 3, 2024 6:42 PM

What will his new name be for 2028?

by Anonymousreply 5October 3, 2024 6:44 PM

He will still be the junior senator from OH until 2029 when they lose the election.

He won't have to run again until 2028 for his senator's seat.

by Anonymousreply 6October 3, 2024 6:57 PM

He’ll develop an act wherein he coos out old timey numbers in the style of Marilyn Monroe while batting those smokey lashes. And it will be the have-to-have entertainment at every DC political function.

by Anonymousreply 7October 3, 2024 6:58 PM

On the other hand, if Trump wins, and then dies in office, he could be our president in a few years.

by Anonymousreply 8October 3, 2024 7:03 PM

I think the loss will spur Vance to embrace his True Self. Perhaps a future as a Drag Queen?

by Anonymousreply 9October 3, 2024 7:08 PM

r8 Imagine someone named "JD Vance" being president. Just no.

by Anonymousreply 10October 3, 2024 7:30 PM

His surprisingly good debate performance has elevated him to the upper echelon in politics, so he’ll be a voice even if Harris wins.

by Anonymousreply 11October 3, 2024 7:59 PM

I think R11.

Vance is also young. He would be the age of Harris and Walz in 2044. He would be younger than Trump is now in 2060.

by Anonymousreply 12October 3, 2024 8:01 PM

If tRump loses, he will not accept that it was his fault. He will tell anyone who listens that A. The election was stolen from him - again, and B. It was Vance's fault because he is a stupid RINO.

by Anonymousreply 13October 3, 2024 8:09 PM

R11 = Troll that fancies himself a sophisticate.

He’s not.

by Anonymousreply 14October 3, 2024 8:10 PM

He has no true core beliefs. If Trump loses, he'll find some other identity to embrace; whatever his sugar daddies at the time tell him to be. I wouldn't even be surprised if, several years down the line, he tries to rebrand himself as a moderate Republican, if the general winds start blowing that way within the GOP.

Or, he can become a complete laughing stock like Sarah Palin and live on our screens as a permanent SNL comedy fodder.

Had he kept a lower profile and let Burgum be the whipping boy for Trump's loss, he could've spent a couple of terms as a completely unremarkable Ohio senator and, after that, have Thiel set him up in one of his trad catholic neonazi think tanks.

by Anonymousreply 15October 3, 2024 8:54 PM

Vance is smart, young, and has no morals. In American politics this is known as a triple threat.

by Anonymousreply 16October 3, 2024 10:28 PM

I thought so but now not so sure. if he wasn't such an idiot and didn't believe what the person keeping him in money kept telling him what he says he has to believe there would be aa chance. Before Trump I would have said never in a day of hell would he stay.

He was such a good speaker and was pleasant to listen to and 90% of that would be the connection between citizens and the President and all the loonies might go for him. It really is such a shame that he is so lazy and just wants someone to keep him because he is not bad looking to look at, speaks and comes across well is fairly young and with all that he would have a really good chance. What may have done him in is that he doesn't stand for what he believes in and is not even sure what he believes since he changes his mind on everything.

by Anonymousreply 17October 3, 2024 10:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!